• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 76
Total: 76
Facebook External hit (4)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:56:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Test Post

Started by DesertRose, October 11, 2012, 08:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

*taps microphone*

Testing 1, 2.  Testing 1, 2.

Nobody seems to have posted anything since Evie posted the chat on Sunday (thanks, Evie!!); just making sure that things are working.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jerusha

It is very quiet, but we are still here.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Okay, cool.  I just got concerned that maybe we were having some kind of technical problem that I wasn't aware of and needed to get on fixing.

Thanks, y'all.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

I'm very sorry, but your post didn't come through.  Any replies to it are merely hallucinations.  That is all.

:D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Alkari

Still here.  Just!!    In the middle of massive kitchen renovations, with everything stashed under dust sheets in the living area, a mini-kitchen of microwave and electric jug in the study and washing up done in bathroom.   They were able to leave the fridge in place in the kitchen for this week, but they need to move it out on Tuesday for the cabinets to go in and the flooring to go down.  I have hot water until Monday, when they have to do plumbing work - it will be a couple of days before they connect the new hot water service because it needs to fit inside a cabinet on the balcony ...   You do not want to THINK about the state of my old carpet in the living area!!!  But it gets replaced by mid-November, after kitchen is finished and repainting done.   At least I arranged things so that I could uncover my sofa and the TV in the evenings and stretch out with takeaway and a glass or six of 'something'.  :D 

cynicalmedic

Still here, but I have been helping a friend prepare an article for publication.
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away?
David Gilmour/Richard Wright/Nick Mason

DesertRose

Testing again...

Nobody's posted anything since I posted chat on Sunday; just making sure the board is still alive and there aren't any technical problems I need to be working on or pestering bynw about.  :D

Laurna

Good early morning DesertRose, I just got home from work and I am here to see if anything new was posted. Elkhound? How did your interview go. Well, I hope.  Is anyone brainstorming a  story idea? I would love to hear about it. I'm getting ready for Costume College( our local costume convention) so I have a lot of sewing to do in the next two weeks. Hard to sew bustle gowns when my mind still wants to play in medieval Gwynedd. :D
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Okay, thanks, Laurna.  Good to know that people can post.  I guess people are just busy with non-fandom stuff.  :D

Jerusha

I'm still here, too, and actually working on a story.  It's not quite ready to ask Evie if she will kindly review it yet.  I've only rewritten the ending three times!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

I'm not here.  And I can't read the test post.  What test post?

Oh, wait.....   :-[

;D

--WARNING!!!--

derynifanatic64

HELLO?  ANYBODY HOME?  Oh, I'm still here!! ;D
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

AnnieUK

LOL! I've not been about much. Lots of stuff going on. I've been busy with writing (not fanfic, though) and then we were on holiday for 8 days.

We got to Pompeii and Vesuvius - fascinating, but very, very hot. And DD has gone from "architecture is boring" to being fascinated by Gaudi.

Hopefully I'll catch someone in chat sometime.

Evie

Ooh, you went to Pompeii?!  I'm envious!  I want to go back.  *sigh*

--WARNING!!!--