• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

May 16, 2024, 09:30:50 PM
that's fine Revanne
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,628
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 05:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

game of thrones

Started by tenworld, October 21, 2011, 12:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenworld

anyone here watching or reading (I am halfway thru first book)?  More like world of Deryni than LOTR to which it is compared.  Main characters die, kids get tortured.  And the ruling family all have black hair (hint - that ties into the main plot).

Throw in a little magic (so far) and a good vs. evil theme including bad nobles trying to manipulate the king.

Thr dragons and the creatures from the frozen north come later.

I loaded the first 4 books on Kindle, should keep me until CM vol III appears.

AnnieUK

I've read some of them - not the latest one and maybe not the one before either, but the first 3 or 4 (I think our editions are different and one of yours was split into 2 for the UK market, or something).  To be honest I can't remember much about them, but I was enjoying them. I'll need to start from the beginning again, preferably soon, since GRRM is GOH at UK Eastercon next year and I want to go.  Have only watched the first episode of the series so far.

derynifanatic64

I just read the wikipedia entry and it looks like an interesting book/TV series.  I don't have HBO at home, but may check it out if and when the first series comes out on DVD.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

tenworld

I am halfway through the second book (I dont have HBO but I have checked the Amazon.com price for season one) still enjoying the books, but wishing that some of the thread would resolve soon and cant wait for the dragons to impact the story.