• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

May 05, 2024, 07:53:01 PM
If you have any questions about it Marc just PM me
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,594
  • Total Topics: 2,739
  • Online today: 386
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 279
Total: 279
Google
Bing (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 11:58:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hannah Shapero's Deryni art

Started by wombat1138, June 17, 2010, 09:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wombat1138

Not fanfic as such, but none of the other folders seemed right either.

I found the website/artblog of Hannah Shapero, who created the beautiful cover art for the Codex Derynianus (and I think for some of the "Deryni Archive" fanzines?)-- evidently last year, she started to post some of her older Deryni-based art. The first Deryni art post was this painting of Morgan in April 2009; the others can be found by expanding the blog archives' monthly post headers for May and June 2009. The last piece (afaik) is a page from her unofficial adaptation of "Swords Against the Marluk" into graphic-novel format. Really stunning artwork.

Evie

OMG.  Thank you for posting this!

Magical Deryni Priest

Squee!   :D

(Click on the picture on that page to see the large version in all of its Duncanesque glory.  I'm assuming, from the hair and eye color, that it's meant to be Duncan?)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

tenworld

Quote from: wombat1138I found the website/artblog of Hannah Shapero, who created the beautiful cover art for the Codex Derynianus (and I think for some of the "Deryni Archive" fanzines?)-- evidently last year, she started to post some of her older Deryni-based art. The first Deryni art post was this painting of Morgan in April 2009; the others can be found by expanding the blog archives' monthly post headers for May and June 2009.

Way too clean looking for my view of Morgan.  Now if you morph Russell Crow's weather beaten face onto this.

AnnieUK

I like the Deryni priest one - the gold looks like it would be fab IRL.

I'm not convinced by Alaric.  He should have cropped hair and even if he let it grow a bit I don't see it wavy like that.  That picture really reminds me of someone though - I just wish I could work out who it is.

Evie

Quote from: AnnieUK on June 18, 2010, 02:28:08 PM
I like the Deryni priest one - the gold looks like it would be fab IRL.

That's my favorite one, and no, not just because I think it's meant to be Duncan.   :D  I love the art technique used on that portrait.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

This morning I have been enjoying  many of the Deryni Art images by Pyracantha. In Chat Evie has given me this forum topic to learn more about the artist, Hannah Michael Gale Shapero. I believe she is the artist for the cover of the Codex Derynianus. If you travel through her many, many blog pages you will come across several Deryni art sketches, some colorized.  I like this one:
http://pyracanthasketch.blogspot.com/2015/05/   
scroll down to "Wednesday, May 20, 2015  Deryni Healing My Friend"

And this one of Morgan and Ian's duel.   
http://pyracanthasketch.blogspot.com/2018/02/deryni-duel.html
May your horses have wings and fly!

DoctorM

Quote from: Laurna on May 02, 2022, 05:47:41 PMThis morning I have been enjoying  many of the Deryni Art images by Pyracantha. In Chat Evie has given me this forum topic to learn more about the artist, Hannah Michael Gale Shapero. I believe she is the artist for the cover of the Codex Derynianus. If you travel through her many, many blog pages you will come across several Deryni art sketches, some colorized.  I like this one:
http://pyracanthasketch.blogspot.com/2015/05/   
scroll down to "Wednesday, May 20, 2015  Deryni Healing My Friend"

And this one of Morgan and Ian's duel.   
http://pyracanthasketch.blogspot.com/2018/02/deryni-duel.html

I remember some of her artwork! Very very lovely!

DerynifanK

I have been enjoying scrolling through her art. Thank you for sharing.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance