• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

May 08, 2024, 07:40:11 PM
Thanks Laurna
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,601
  • Total Topics: 2,740
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 04:50:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

KK Chat -- 8 October 2023

Started by Bynw, October 08, 2023, 07:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[18:06] * KK (49ab39c5@CCN-FD80E4E6.hsd1.va.comcast.net) has joined #deryni_destinations
[18:06] <KK> Hello, all!
[18:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> The way the world is going now, we are going to need gallons of tea
[18:07] <~bynw> hello KK
[18:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi Kk. Hope you are continuing to do well
[18:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> hello KK
[18:08] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hi KK
[18:08] <KK> Hello, Bynw! How're your stitches/staples/incisions?
[18:09] <~bynw> no staples thankfully. i think it just an incision that is glued shut
[18:09] <KK> I'm doing very well.
[18:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> that is good, Bynw
[18:09] <~bynw> i can take a picture of it if anyone is interested
[18:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Glue is easier, I assume
[18:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> On you, I mean
[18:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> I have to agree with you, Evie.
[18:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Hello all
[18:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Glue holds and doesn't get infected unlike staples and stitches
[18:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> Hello Shiral
[18:10] <KK> Then, they did the repair laparoscopicaly?
[18:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi Shiral
[18:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Picture would be good
[18:11] * CambersGhost [discord] <shiral_> has silly image of a surgical tray including a big tube labeled "Person Glue."
[18:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> LOL!
[18:11] <KK> True, glue is perfect for some applications.
[18:11] <~bynw> i'm not sure. i dont see any stitches and dont have an appointment to remove any
[18:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Person Glue...a bit weaker than Gorilla Glue, but still gets the job done.
[18:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Actually glue is used in places you would not expect
[18:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> Supper glue was originally invented to be a person glue.  fortunatley they have better stuff now.
[18:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Still, don't spill it, or you'll be glued to the wall for a long time...
[18:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Super Glue is still sometimes way too effective as a person glue. I have a friend who glued herself to a plastic watch case while attempting to repair it. 😄
[18:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Good for sticky situations, though
[18:13] <KK> I think people glue originally came from military/battlefield applications.
[18:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> Well yep,  supperglue really only does glue skin
[18:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> I have two fractured vertebrae in my spine that were repaired with glue
[18:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I missed some information, I think. Bynw, what did you have surgery for?
[18:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> Yikes, DFK
[18:14] <~bynw> umbilical hernia
[18:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Ouch
[18:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Supper glue isn't for fixing dinner, then?
[18:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> please don't eat it
[18:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> That's a meal that would really stick with you
[18:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> The glue worked great and no further problems there
[18:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> As long as it works!
[18:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Then you'd get the arguments as to whether it's supper glue or dinner glue.
[18:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Super glue however is not to be eaten for supper.
[18:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> LOL  NO
[18:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Quite right, it's for lunch only.
[18:16] <KK> Definitely not.
[18:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Break fast takes on a whole new meaning if there's glue involved
[18:16] <KK> Eeeek!
[18:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Glue could be used to glue your breakfast back together
[18:16] * CambersGhost [discord] <laurnarose> giggleing
[18:17] * CambersGhost [discord] <shiral_> is just being silly
[18:17] <KK> All the King's horses and all the King's men....
[18:17] <~bynw> it looks terrible sometimes. a little bit of seepage and a lot of brusing around my belly
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> If you tried it for a meal could end up with teeth and tongue glued together
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> ...couldn't glue Humpty together again, because Super Glue sucks at filling gaps when any pieces are missing.
[18:18] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hopefully that will subside soon, Bynw
[18:18] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Super glue all too often glues things you don't want glued
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> It's awesome for gluing my fingers to things.
[18:19] <KK> Bruising and seepage... been there, done that. 
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> And it's really hard to fix that
[18:19] <~bynw> if you want to see it. i can link you privately. wont drop it into the chat since both the web chat and discord will automatically show the image
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Acetone is your friend
[18:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Yeah, then the image of your surgically repaired navel would be linked to the forum log for years to come. You could become a world famous case study if the right bot picks it up.
[18:21] <~bynw> lol
[18:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> You'd have a world famous belly button
[18:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Then we could all say, "Yeah, we knew Bynw's navel before it became internet famous."
[18:22] <KK> LOL
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> LOL
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> He's a navel commander
[18:22] <~bynw> lol
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Ouch Shiral
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Navel warfare?  Hi everyone!
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hi Jerusha
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> HivJerusha
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Hi Jerusha
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <TM> "You Glue"
[18:22] <~bynw> so if you want it just say so and i'll give you the link privately
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hopefully not a navel orange, unless they didn't wash the Betadyne off afterwards.
[18:22] * CambersGhost [discord] <shiral_> puts out cider and cookies
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi not HIV don't know where that came from
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Yes, please don't give poor Jerusha HIV!
[18:24] <~bynw> they didnt get all the betadyne off ... i had to get it
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> It's bad enough we have snow!
[18:24] <KK> It'll take a week or two for the Betadyne to wash/wear off.
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Thank goodness none of us have to deal with that personally
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Nope. Would never do that
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I had to turn our heater on last night for the first time since spring
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Early spring at that, I think.
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> I had an awful thought of a betadyne abbey
[18:25] <KK> Snow alread, Jerusha?!
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Opposite problem out here. Mother Nature cranked the heat knob up for the last three days
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> You have snow already?
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Yes, it may accumulate to several centimeters
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I...kind of want to build an abbey in my Sims name now and call it Betadyne Alley!  😂
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> A Betadyne Abbey sounds kind of dire
[18:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I...kind of want to build an abbey in my Sims game now and call it Betadyne Alley!  😂
[18:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> The kind of place where the Custodes would be in charge!
[18:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> A glowing orange spire above the church
[18:26] <KK> Probably.
[18:27] <KK> Anybody else getting proper fall weather yet?
[18:28] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> As of last night, yes. It dropped down to the low 40s, I think.
[18:28] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> We're supposed to have rain, tomorrow. I hope that's true
[18:28] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> The leaves are leaving us, alas
[18:28] <~bynw> it was a beautiful 70 degrees out today
[18:28] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> bare trees, snow, and mice seeking shelter
[18:28] <~bynw> our low around 40
[18:29] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Turned cool and crisp after a cold front but not lasting long. Back up to 80 by next Friday
[18:29] <KK> It's 51 here right now.
[18:29] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I think our highs might have been in low 70s, but I haven't been outside yet today.
[18:29] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> 95F right now and the AC is on
[18:29] <KK> Yuck!
[18:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Nooooo, I would die if it goes back in the 90s here! It's bad enough in summer!
[18:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> This is what Grandma called Indian Summer
[18:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I'd be happy to get some proper fall weather, and sit in my comfy chair with some mulled cider and a lap full of kitties
[18:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> Always hot until the day or two before halloween
[18:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Our high today was 66?after 57 this morning. There was a brisk wind that was cold
[18:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> There's snow on the pumpkin, there's snow on the witch
[18:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Today at least is just in the low 80's and tomorrow it's supposed to drop to the low 70's. Which is FINE with me!
[18:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> The gargoyles are getting twitchy
[18:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> 47 this morning
[18:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> So we always plan this warm weather halloween costume and then the day before the night air turns crisp and you have to wear something else
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> There's nothing like a costume with a parka underneath
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> LOL
[18:32] <KK> A good cloak covers a multitude of costume difficulties.
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> My sister's princess costume was wrecked one Halloween when Mom made  her wear a sweater over it!
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> My costume can be worn with a coat and the coat can just be part of the costume, thankfully. Not that I plan to go Trick or Treating, so it's sort of a moot point.
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> We had some cold Halloweens where the kids had to wear coats over their costumes
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I used to love trick or treating! My favorite part of Halloween
[18:33] * CambersGhost [discord] <Jerusha2> sends a vitual chocolate bar in Evie's direction
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> A friend is throughing a haunted house for the tricker treaters.  so we will likely take some of our decorations over there and join them
[18:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> The pirate galleon?
[18:34] <KK> It was always thee costumes for me, never the candy.
[18:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Throwing?
[18:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Our children's librarians have been hard at work figuring out how to create a corn maze without any actual corn in the library
[18:35] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> That sounds like fun
[18:35] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> sounds like it should be a book maze
[18:35] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Our youngest children's librarian is very creative and very determined!
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> A children's librarian might have to be very creative and forgiving
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> That too
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> actually, GS3 loves visiting the library
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Libraries are the perfect place for kids when they need somewhere to go after school, on weekends or during vacation
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> That would be good
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Books can take you anywhere
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> I have not been inside a library in decades.
[18:40] <KK> I also used to go to the library.  We had a great, historic one in Coral Gables.
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> I visit my library regularly
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I was in a library just last week
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> I think I lived in my grade school library
[18:41] <KK> Me, too, Jerusha.
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> It is, DFK, although there are parents who believe we are in the Free Babysitting business
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I was in a libary for four days this past week
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> In grade school I even belonged to the bookworm club. You could win prizes for reading the most books
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> I remember the sholastic book fairs, where you could order books in grade school.  I always wanted an armful, and my parents never objected
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> And I read every one
[18:43] <KK> Good parents!
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> I did a little library assisting in highschool. and I lived that the college library. and A little bit at the hospital library.  but not a community library
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> DS3 got very excited this week when GS3 came home with is first scholatic order!
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> Nice
[18:45] <KK> Good on DS3!
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> It's gotten very quiet'; has everyone found a good book?
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> geting more tea
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Got distracted, but I'm back now
[18:50] <KK> At the recommendation of a friend, I just finished a medieval mystery called A Plague on Both Their Houses; can't remember the author.  For me, it seemed very slow-moving, with far too much telling and not enough showing.  Glad I read it, though.
[18:51] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Is it a retelling of Romeo and Juliet? (Guessing by that name)
[18:51] <KK> Interesting background on the running of two medieval universities.
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> interesting
[18:52] <KK> Literally involves the plague storming through England.
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Not for the faint of heart?
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Oh, that does sound interesting
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Oxford and Cambridge?
[18:53] <KK> Main character is a doctor.  Yes, Evie.
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Cool!  What year(s)?
[18:53] <KK> 1400s?
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Definitely sounds interesting.
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I'll need to look it up.
[18:56] <KK> Susanna Gregory is the author.
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hm. The name sounds familiar, but I'm not sure why
[18:58] <KK> I think she's done a series with the same POV character, Matthew.
[18:58] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hm.  Shardlake?
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> That's really ringing a bell, but I think I'll have to look up her books to figure out why.
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Matthew Bartholomew, physician and teacher.
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Ah, OK. I think I was thinking of a different series.
[19:00] <KK> I've read some of the Shardlake mysteries; very good!
[19:01] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Yes, I can't remember specifics since I go through a fair number of medieval mysteries and tend to get them mixed up in my head, but I do remember reading one or two books in that series.
[19:02] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Sometimes it is hard to keep one series apart from another
[19:03] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Especially if you binge read as many as I have
[19:03] <KK> Have just started The Sempster's Tale, by Margaret Frazer.  Good descriptions, but she writes the longest run-on sentences in the English language..
[19:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> LOL!
[19:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Have you read the Hawkenlye mysteries?  I highly recommend them
[19:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I love the Dame Frevisse books
[19:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Yes, and Player Joliffe
[19:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> They're hard to find around here, but I scoop them up if I spot a new one.
[19:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> I thought hemingway wrote the longest run-on sentences in histery
[19:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I've only read one Player Joliffe, but I liked that one too.
[19:05] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Read them all!
[19:05] <KK> Well, Frazer would give Hemingway a run for his money.
[19:05] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> LOL
[19:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> When I was reading a lot of Elizabethan literature, I wrote a research paper on a related topic, and my professor's comment on Page 1 was "First paragraph continues to the top of the next page? Not in this century!"  😂
[19:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> LOL
[19:06] <KK> lol
[19:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> While there was nothing technically wrong with it, he wanted it rephrased in more bite-sized chunks to suit more modern sensibilities.  😄
[19:07] <KK> Yep, been there, done that.
[19:08] <KK> But academic writing helped hone my writing skills. 
[19:08] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> I think some of the really receint story are writen too short.  and not enough substance.
[19:09] <KK> brb
[19:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> that is why I live the stories writine in the 70's-90's
[19:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> that is why I love the stories written in the 70's-90's
[19:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I used to be better with brevity, to the cost of my fiction writing sometimes because it took me years to be able to move past short story form.  But once I started being able to write novellas and then novel length, it became more difficult for me to write brief fiction. I can still do brief nonfiction though, assuming I narrow down my topic enough to prevent myself from rambling.
[19:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> I don't think and Evie story has ever rambled
[19:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I don't know, Laurna. I remember when the average paperback was pretty thin, Now they tend to be at least an inch thick if not thicker, but sometimes contain less actual substance.
[19:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> That may be true.  thinking of Game of thrones
[19:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> There are a number of stories that say in 200K words what could have been expressed in 80K.  😄
[19:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> lol
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> Wheel of time.  Though I only read the first book not the following eleven
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Granted, that still includes some of my favorites. Professor Tolkien, I am looking at you.  😉
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> Oh no  Tolkien is perfect.
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> He did go off on some tangents. And he was fond of loooong elvish poems.
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Yeah. I will forgive him his lyrical description of every single blasted leaf in the forest just because he does it so darn well.  😄
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> But I love all that
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> And for sheer poetry of word use, I also liked Ray Bradbury.
[19:15] <KK> back
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> Nothing worse than, he walked in the room said this and then walked out.  I meand what does the room look like. what is the theme of the clothes.  what were the thoughts of the participants.  why was the conversation neccessary.  Need that stuff
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Yet until the end of the Return of the King, readers can be forgiven for being surprised that Aragorn had a life-long love for Arwen, since in the entire REST of the trilogy, we see them together maybe....once.
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> And for making me both belly laugh and cry on the same page, Lois McMaster Bujold.
[19:16] <KK> Yes!  I love her work.
[19:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> That's what they get for not reading footnotes and appendices religiously. 😉
[19:18] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I don't know if you've read Lois's "A Civil Campaign," but Baen Books posted the first half of that on their website, and the "butter bug dinner scene" got me so hooked, not only did I end up having to buy the book to finish the story, I ended up getting my hands on the full series just to find out what had led up to that point!
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Yup, although I still maintain it's an authorial flaw to back load a major plot thread! When I first read it, I could see that Aragorn wasn't hot for Eowyn, but I thought he was pretty darn thick not to like her.
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Sorry all, heading out for dinner with Mom, tonight. Have a good week, and don't stick yourselves together with Person Glue
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> have a nice dinner
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Enjoy your dinner, Shiral!
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> True, Shiral. I think sometimes an author can get so close to a story, knowing the full backstory already, that they forget the readers don't know the backstory since it hasn't ever been supplied to them, or has only been vaguely hinted at.
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Enjoy your dinner and have a good week Shiral
[19:20] * CambersGhost [discord] <shiral_> waves farewell steps onto her portal and disappears in a cloud of orange steam
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Bye!
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Goodnight, Shiral!
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> I should run too.  Have a good week, everyone!
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Any chance to take a look at the anthology lately while you've been laid up, KK?
[19:21] <KK> Loved A Civil Campaign!  And on that note, I fear it's time to check out.  I have a very hungry cat on my lap, and I'm also tiring.  It isn't the company.  It's just that healing takes lots of food and sleep. But it's going well, for which thanks be to God!
[19:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Any chance to take a look at the anthology submissions lately while you've been laid up, KK?
[19:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Night Jerusha, have a good week
[19:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Glad to hear it's mending quickly!  Yes, go feed Daphne.
[19:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> I enjoy reading Michael Sullivan stories because he writed the intire series before publishing them, that way he can add hints at the beginning of the books that you will only catch on the second read through
[19:21] <KK> Nope, I've only just begun to put in some time at the desktop, paying bills and such.  But soon....
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> Good Night KK
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Michael Sullivan also sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm not placing why.
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Glad all is going well KK. Have a good week
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <laurnarose> I mention him often
[19:22] * KK steps onto her Portal, waves goodnight, and disappears in a shower of green sparkles.
[19:22] * KK (49ab39c5@CCN-FD80E4E6.hsd1.va.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Client closed)
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com