• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 79
Total: 79
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 05:30:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greetings and Salutations

Started by Cory, March 24, 2023, 10:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

I wish it had not taken me so long to find this place but I'm glad I finally did. Been reading Katherine Kurtz stories since the late 1970s, though the Deryni remain a favorite.

Major characters I love: King Javan, Camber, Joram, Kelson, Alaric (who could not?).

Minor character who I adore: Ansel. I don't know why but I've also been curious about him. Similarly, Rory and Payne intrigue me.

As for me, I have four cats, one dog, four grown kids, and a husband. I work at home, doing some writing for SF/F sites, especially on superheroes, and writing novels as well.

DoctorM

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Salic

Welcome, Cory.  It's good that you've joined.
As a writer, I think that you'll like this place!   :D

Nezz

Great to have you here, Cory! And I love having another writer around here. :)

Bynw

If you haven't noticed yet already. There is a lot to see and do here. We have a weekly chat with Katherine herself every Sunday evening. And generally on the 1st Sunday of the month that is a Zoom chat Sunday afternoon instead of our regular text based chat.

There are a ton of posts to read, respond to, or even give it a bit of rebirth if it hasn't been used in a while. Lots of chat logs and video logs of past Zooms too.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

Welcome aboard. Great to have you here.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Hello and welcome!

I've been a bit absent of late, but I'm one of the administrator/moderator team.

Always glad to see new people join us. We're a friendly, laid-back bunch generally, and we're pretty much always willing to talk about Katherine's writings, cats, dogs, horses, video games, roleplaying games, and near anything else.

Again, welcome!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Welcome to the Castle, Cory! And I agree, Alaric Morgan is hard to resist!
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DerynifanK

Welcome, Cory. Happy to have you in the castle. You will find much to enjoy and learn here and a fun, supportive group of people.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Cory

Quote from: Salic on March 25, 2023, 01:33:52 PMWelcome, Cory.  It's good that you've joined.
As a writer, I think that you'll like this place!   :D
I love the quality of the examinations of the text. Allows me to dig in deep. :)

I have fanfic ideas, as I've mentioned, but I'm a little intimidated about playing in someone else's sandbox. But I'm glad to have so many fanfic pieces to dive into!

Laurna

Welcome to the Castle, Cory. So far I have enjoyed the topics that you have brought back to the surface and your ideas. Keep it up. and of course we all love reading other fan fic stories. so don't hesitate to write one.

May your horses have wings and fly!

DoctorM

I hope you will write fanfic here, Cory-- we have some very fine writers here, and I've enjoyed reading lots of their stories. I'd very much like to read along with you!

Avisa

I've always found Ansel enigmatically attractive :)