• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 70
Total: 70
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 10:22:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Greetings From Montana

Started by Salic, March 04, 2023, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salic

I'm happy to join the forum.  I've lived most of my life in Montana.  I wish you all well!   :)

Bynw

Hello and welcome to the RhemuthCastle @Salic

Lots to see and do here. There are tons of posts to catch up on and the opportunity to make your own as well. There is a weekly Sunday chat with Katherine herself at 7pm Eastern (5pm Mountain) and you can join it by clicking on the Webchat (Kiwi IRC) link in the chat and other communications board.

You've joined at a great time though. The first Sunday of every month we have a Zoom chat with Katherine at 3pm Eastern (1pm Mountain) instead of the normal evening chat. But just so you know the chatroom is open 24 hours a day. Someone might be around.

Feel free to check out posts of interest. Plenty of fanfic to read too. Or if you are inclined, to write your own that is always a welcome addition to our community.

You can also update your profile with a picture and other options too.

Welcome to the club!
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Welcome to the Castle, Salic!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Shiral

Hello and welcome to Rhemuth Castle, Salic! Always nice to have a new member.
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Laurna

Happy to see a new member join the castle. Enjoy your stay and remain as long as you like.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Salic

Thanks, Bynw, Evie, Shiral, and Laurna.  I see I'll have a lot to learn here.  I haven't read KK much for many years and so, in many respects, I am a newbie.  I've now obtained KK's works in hardcover and so I'll be looking them over in detail.

I've always been interested in the psionic fiction genre.  I'm sure I'll find much to interest me here.

I am a creative writer ever-ready to learn the writing craft.  Perhaps, someday, I'll do some fan fiction, eventually.

Thanks again for the welcome.   :D

DoctorM

Glad to have you aboard, Salic!

Salic

Quote from: DoctorM on March 04, 2023, 07:02:24 PMGlad to have you aboard, Salic!

Thank you, DoctorM!  Thank you for your welcome!   :D

Nezz

Welcome to the club, Salic! We have fun here as well as in the Discord server, where we often check in and say hi to each other during the day. :)

Salic

Quote from: Nezz on March 07, 2023, 04:17:48 PMWelcome to the club, Salic! We have fun here as well as in the Discord server, where we often check in and say hi to each other during the day. :)

Thanks for the welcome, Nezz.  I've never been on Discord.  I may try it given the time.  I think that I will have fun here.   :)

DoctorM

Quote from: DoctorM on March 04, 2023, 07:02:24 PMGlad to have you aboard, Salic!

I hope you will try some fan fiction here. We have some very good people and good stories. (And please feel free/invited to try mine!)

Salic

Quote from: DoctorM on March 07, 2023, 08:41:11 PM

I hope you will try some fan fiction here. We have some very good people and good stories. (And please feel free/invited to try mine!)

I think I'll venture some into fan fiction, eventually, DoctorM.  I've written some original sci fi/fantasy. 

I've written several novels and half a dozen novellas and short stories. I've done considerable world-building behind these works.  My civilization is called the Ikorrceni, the Star People.  It is a humanoid post-scarcity, non-technological, psionic civilization that lives, primarily, in para-dimensional, biodomes (some of which are of a continental scale).  Since they do not exist in the universe (or multiverse) as we know it, they are out of the reach of technology-based civilizations.

I have been looking at the fan fiction here at Rhemuth Castle.  I'm impressed by how well the writing has been done.  I like how well you've done the parts of the stories I've read.  I think that doing the fan fiction here will be a lot of fun!   ;D

Jerusha

Welcome to Rhemuth Castle, Salic!  Hope you add to our fanfic collection.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Great to have another Writer join our group.  When you want to post a story, ask Bynw or DesertRose for a topic page under your own name in the fanfiction section.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on March 11, 2023, 11:49:31 PMGreat to have another Writer join our group.  When you want to post a story, ask Bynw or DesertRose for a topic page under your own name in the fanfiction section.

Yup.  Just send us both a forum personal message and whichever of us sees it first will do it.

Or tag one of us on Discord.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)