• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,571
  • Total Topics: 2,734
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 215
Total: 215
Google
Facebook External hit (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:57:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stefan Coram a descendant of Camber

Started by Lochiel, July 06, 2022, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochiel

I've wrestled with this for years. No one reminds me more of Camber than Stefan.  Their Deryni powers are also very comparable. 
"And as they tread the ruined Isle,
Where rest, at length,
the lord and slave,
They'll wondering ask, how hands so vile,
Could conquer hearts so brave?"
Thomas Moore

Laurna

There is very little history about Stefan Coram. It is very possible that he could be a descendant but if he is it would be from a line that is not recorded in the codex. Stefan Coram could have been related in some way to Stuart Cathan MacAthan, son of Ansel MacRorie. There are (best guess)three unnamed generations(year 950-1023) between Stuart Cathan MacAthan and Seif MacAthan. We just do not as yet have enough information to make the link. KK's upcoming Road to Killingford might give us a clue.

There is also a less likely connection to Tieg Thuryn. We can follow his family for only two more generations; by the 970's his Codex family history is no longer recorded.

So yes Coram could very well be related to Camber. Or not! we do not know.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Lochiel

Hi and Thank you for your input.  I've been trying to find a post from Laurna (or was it Revanne?)  from a 1-2 year range ago where they talked about Deryni talents and abilities being very genetic/bloodlines.  Which to me was one of the great pieces of evidence to the Camber-Stefan Coram blood link. 

Did not Stefan also have the same unusual silver-gold hair like some of the MacRorie's had (and eyes like Lauran pointed out in a previous thread)?
"And as they tread the ruined Isle,
Where rest, at length,
the lord and slave,
They'll wondering ask, how hands so vile,
Could conquer hearts so brave?"
Thomas Moore