• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,578
  • Total Topics: 2,737
  • Online today: 433
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 359
Total: 359
Google (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 05:31:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A Rather Odd Tea Party

Started by DerynifanK, June 05, 2022, 09:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

"Papa. papa, there's a bear in the nursery!" Kelson looked up as the twins rushed into the solar. "He says he has come to tea. He is wearing a blue coat and a red hat and looks quite elegant! "Araxandra said breathlessly. "And he is very polite, not at all fierce or scary.  He didn't growl once.." Rhys added.

"You are invited too. Come quickly and see." A twin grabbed each hand and tugged Kelson toward the door. "Am I invited too?" said the Queen, smiling. "Of course you are, Maman, but hurry. He says he is very hungry."

They rushed to the nursery. Kelson entered, expecting to see a favorite stuffed bear seated at the tea table. But he halted, staring in astonishment. It was not a fuzzy stuffed bear that met his eyes, but a real bear, dressed just as the girls described.

The bear stood and bowed to the king and queen. "Good afternoon, your Majesties. It was very good of the young ladies to invite me to tea. I have a very important appointment. I have walked a long way and find that I am quite tired and hungry." The bear spoke in educated accents and smiled. Kelson had not known that a bear could smile but this one did.

Just then a maid entered with a laden tea tray. The king and queen took their seats, the bear sat down with a twin on either side as the contents of the tray were laid out. The queen poured out and gave each one a cup of tea. They all ate heartily. The bears' favorite treat was a scone with lots of fresh honey . It was a very jolly tea with lots of laughter.

After all had eaten their fill, the bear stood and again bowed to the king and queen. "Thank you for a lovely afternoon and a very tasty tea. I must be on my way now." Both the girls begged the bear to stay a bit longer but he told them he couldn't. "I must be on my way, or I will be very late for my appointment. But I do hope we can have tea again. Perhaps next time, we could have a picnic tea in the woods near my cave. I will send you directions." With that he hugged each of the girls, bowed to their majesties and vanished.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

This is just a perfect little "Honey covered scone" for the afternoon.

DFK has made a wonderful response to Revanne's challenge on Discord:

Quote<Revanne> if you get a chance youtube Paddington Bear having tea with the Queen to open the Platinum party at the Palace. I defy anyone to write Kelson into that !

I think Paddington's next important appointment was with HRM, and he was so delighted to have had tea with the twin princesses that he quiet forgot about drinking from teacups when he next had tea with the Queen. LOL

Love it, DFK.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Well done, DFK!  Challenge met and won!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on June 06, 2022, 12:12:24 PMWell done, DFK!  Challenge met and won!
Exceeded indeed!
(Psalm 46 v1)

DoctorM

The Paddington video was sheer delight! I do love HM's sense of humor about appearing with him-- and I'm hoping that this means that Paddington will be the next James Bond!

(The pyrotechnic corgis in the sky above the Platinum Party celebration were delightful, too!)

tmcd

The king and queen looked at each other in sudden shock.

"Did ... we just sit down to a light meal with a talking bear?"

"And what is this 'tea'?  God in heaven, what did we just drink?!"

Both edged away from their cups.

tmcd

(Drinking things that weren't what they expected was pretty lethal for a couple of kings, so I wondered what would have happened if this unknown "tea" had been dangerous. Suppose it turns out that tea is the active ingredient in merasha!)

The rebels were tired, few, and ill-equipped, and the duke of Corwyn had a large party with plenty of remounts, so the result was not long in doubt. Soon, the rebels were trapped at the foot of a cliff. Alaric rode forward to address them.

"Warin, I should have realized that you'd return to your Deryni-hating ways, though I never thought you'd resort to poisoning. I should never have trusted you with so large a fief. But your doom is upon you now, Earl Grey!"

Nezz

Quote from: tmcd on June 10, 2022, 03:20:38 PM"Warin, I should have realized that you'd return to your Deryni-hating ways, though I never thought you'd resort to poisoning. I should never have trusted you with so large a fief. But your doom is upon you now, Earl Grey!"

*shakes head, sighs, a pained look upon her face*

Shiral

Quote from: tmcd on June 10, 2022, 03:20:38 PM(Drinking things that weren't what they expected was pretty lethal for a couple of kings, so I wondered what would have happened if this unknown "tea" had been dangerous. Suppose it turns out that tea is the active ingredient in merasha!)

The rebels were tired, few, and ill-equipped, and the duke of Corwyn had a large party with plenty of remounts, so the result was not long in doubt. Soon, the rebels were trapped at the  foot of a cliff. Alaric rode forward to address them.

"Warin, I should have realized that you'd return to your Deryni-hating ways, though I never thought you'd resort to poisoning. I should never have trusted you with so large a fief. But your doom is upon you now, Earl Grey!"

Tee hee! (maybe tea-hee), good one!  ;D
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

revanne

Great fun,  especially Earl Grey.

However, I feel constrained to object ( politely of course) to the very idea that tea could have a malign influence. It is well known, at least this side of the pond, that tea is the universal panacea for all ills mortal flesh is heir to. 

"The world will end in 10 minutes." 

" Put the kettle on then, just time for a nice cup of tea!"
(Psalm 46 v1)

tmcd

(Or, if tea is indeed the indispensable boon to all human- and Deryni-kind, and Warin returns from the Septic Tank of Disposable Plot Threads after High Deryni and becomes Alaric's faithful vassal:)

In a confused rattle of harness and clouds of steaming breath, the duke of Corwyn's party reined in at the principal castle of Lord Warin's domains. The earl himself had hurried down to greet them.

"Good my lord, welcome! We had not expected that you would honour us with a visit on such a cold and damp day! Please come in at once -- surely you'd like a drink to warm you?"

"Tea, Earl Grey. Hot."

Laurna

Quote from: tmcd on June 10, 2022, 04:24:18 PM"Tea, Earl Grey. Hot."

LOL, You got me there at the end. ;)  ;D

JudithR

Quote from: tmcd on June 10, 2022, 04:24:18 PM(Or, if tea is indeed the indispensable boon to all human- and Deryni-kind, and Warin returns from the Septic Tank of Disposable Plot Threads after High Deryni and becomes Alaric's faithful vassal:)

In a confused rattle of harness and clouds of steaming breath, the duke of Corwyn's party reigned in at the principal castle of Lord Warin's domains. The earl himself had hurried down to greet them.

"Good my lord, welcome! We had not expected that you would honour us with a visit on such a cold and damp day! Please come in at once -- surely you'd like a drink to warm you?"

"Tea, Earl Grey. Hot."

Another closet Trekkie?
"Judith may be found browsing in these dubious volumes" (9 letters)

Laurna

Beam me up Scotty!

You did Know that KK was an extra in one episode in the original Startrek, Not a lot of screen time but she was there.