• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 88
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:57:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hello

Started by DavidL59, May 10, 2022, 09:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidL59

Just joined. Been a fan of the Deryni series for a few decades, still have the Chamber collection to read. Just broke down and bought the 16 books in hard back, including a signed First Edition of Deryni Checkmate, dated 1972.

Decided I need to collect the books I want to reread in hardback, as iPad does not feel right.

Dave

Bynw

Hello @DavidL59 and welcome to RhemuthCastle. We have a plethora of posts to read through and to reply to if you feel so inclined. Or even make your own under our various board topics.

Don't forget to stop in the chatroom as well. Never know who might be active and about to talk to in real time. KK herself is there mostly on Sunday evenings for our weekly chat as well as our monthly Zoom with KK as well.

Welcome!
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Welcome to the Castle, DavidL59. 

Very cool that you found a signed copy of DC. I hope you enjoy reading the Camber books. And if you want to talk about any and all of KK's story lines, we love to chat about it. It is our favorite subject after all.

Enjoy the Forum!
May your horses have wings and fly!

DavidL59

I feel bad that I have put off picking up the sets for years. As a truck driver, I try to go through the Kelson stories yearly or so, on audio books.

As soon as the books get in, I will start them as I hope to get back to reading each night, and just listen as I drive.

DoctorM

Welcome aboard, DavidL59! Good to have you as a member! The site is a good place to hang out, and there are very interesting and knowledgeable people here. And we're always happy to talk about KK's stories and world and characters!

DavidL59

As I have time, I will sort through the chats and see what I have missed. Peeked at the May Zoom and have to say this is the first time I have had the chance to hear an author I love, actually speaking without being a historical recording or audio book. So cool to be able to interact.

My other two favorite authors are Heinlein and Spider Robinson. KK rounds out the third person who's work I find myself thinking about, even between rereading.

Will keep an eye out.

DoctorM

Don't forget-- we have some very talented fanfic writers here, too. There are members who've written some very good takes on KK's world.

Evie

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to jump into the chat room at any time, since even if there isn't an active conversation going on, you never know if someone might be lurking. (I tend to have Discord open on my computer all day long, so unless it's a super busy day at work, I can usually pop into the window at least long enough to say hello, or will respond as soon as I get a chance.)

There's lots of stuff to catch up on here on the forum as well. Have fun poking around the website!

I liked the first 3 Kelson audio books, but then the narrator changed, and I really didn't like the second narrator's reading style. (Though I own those audio books anyway, since for a while those were the only copies I could easily get until I finally got them all on Kindle.)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DavidL59

I am due for my reread which I am starting on now, with the Morgan set. I figured I should join just in case I found something to ask about, and I am sure I will.

The storie line is familiar enough but I don't remember details so it's time.

As far as narrators go, having over 400 audio books/great courses, and normally listening while driving, I don't get to distracted with the change of voice, though there is an old friend feeling when you listen to someone you like.

I will try to check in a couple times a week, depending on work and reading time. I do want to get to be better informed vs just being a passive reader.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I will try to set aside time on Sunday's if I can for the chat and zoom. Don't want to be a name on a list non one knows about past the introduction.

DerynifanK

Welcome to the forum. Lots to read and enjoy as well as many chances to discuss what you have read and what's going on in KK's world. A great place to make new friends,
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Shiral

Welcome to the Forum, DavidL59!
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DoctorM

Welcome to the group!

Quote from: DavidL59 on May 10, 2022, 10:57:27 PMI am due for my reread which I am starting on now, with the Morgan set. I figured I should join just in case I found something to ask about, and I am sure I will.

The storie line is familiar enough but I don't remember details so it's time.

As far as narrators go, having over 400 audio books/great courses, and normally listening while driving, I don't get to distracted with the change of voice, though there is an old friend feeling when you listen to someone you like.

I will try to check in a couple times a week, depending on work and reading time. I do want to get to be better informed vs just being a passive reader.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I will try to set aside time on Sunday's if I can for the chat and zoom. Don't want to be a name on a list non one knows about past the introduction.