• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 80
Total: 80
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 04:30:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Cardounet Game Painting.

Started by Shiral, March 12, 2022, 11:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiral

Bynw reminded me earlier that the Fanfiction author forum is not visible to all members of this community. So I'm reposting my latest painting here. My intention was to illustrate the Cardounet game between Alaric and Brion in my story from last fall. Alaric insisted on looking older and taller than twelve though, although  I'm fairly pleased with this image of both Alaric and Brion otherwise. I figured that that game could have been the first of many between them as Alaric grew older and his friendship with Brion developed.
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Nezz

Very nice! Watercolor, it looks like? I'm still too scared to get back into real paints, and especially watercolors since they're so unforgiving. You're a brave woman. :)

Shiral

Quote from: Nezz on March 12, 2022, 11:28:33 PMVery nice! Watercolor, it looks like? I'm still too scared to get back into real paints, and especially watercolors since they're so unforgiving. You're a brave woman. :)
Thanks, Nezz! Yes, watercolor. It's my preferred medium. Like any art form, the process must be learned. The big things to remember according to my various teachers was to work from the lightest tones to the darkest shadows, work from large areas down to the small details, and ALWAYS let a wash dry completely before you paint another layer over it, unless you intend to do a wet into wet effect.

And....you still have to accept a fairly high failure rate. This is attempt number 2 of this particular scene.
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!