• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 82
Total: 82
Facebook External hit
Bing (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 02:32:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

948? Is it going to happen?

Started by macsorcery, March 03, 2022, 06:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macsorcery

Hello all, Ive been out of the loop for a few years and I was hoping maybe some word about the 948 deryni book had come to light. Has KK mentioned anything or is this not going to happen? Thanks for any info.
Holder of Codex #38 - I live in The Land, Gwynedd, and Aldur's Vale.

DesertRose

Not as far as we've heard.

The last thing KK published was The King's Deryni.  Life has been a bit rough on her lately but hopefully, fingers crossed, things are settling down.  At last report, she was working on a book tentatively titled The Road to Killingford, which would cover the time around 1028, and she is also working on another anthology of fan stories, a la Deryni Tales.

I dearly wish to know what happened in 948, too.  Hopefully KK will tell us, but it's not in the pipeline right now.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DoctorM

I'd love to see both a new novel and a new fanfic anthology!

Bynw

There is an update to this. KK stated that this something she will be looking at starting after the first of the new year.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

macsorcery

Holder of Codex #38 - I live in The Land, Gwynedd, and Aldur's Vale.

Evie

In the meantime, there is a very nice fanfic take on the 948 events on our forum fanfic board. I think that story was by Drakensis.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

drakensis

I think you're thinking of War of Three Kings, which was covering the war of 1025, culminating in the Battle of Killingford.

I have occasionally considered doing a story on the 948 events, but I haven't looked at that in a while.

Evie

Quote from: drakensis on February 26, 2023, 02:02:46 AMI think you're thinking of War of Three Kings, which was covering the war of 1025, culminating in the Battle of Killingford.

I have occasionally considered doing a story on the 948 events, but I haven't looked at that in a while.

Ah, OK. You're right, I had the wrong mysterious period of Deryni history in mind.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

ReikiDeryni

Having read all things Deryni and the codex KK will need to live another few hundred years to fill in all the mysterious parts of the timeline she's illuminated so far. But I'm will to stick around for it.