• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

May 08, 2024, 07:40:11 PM
Thanks Laurna
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,599
  • Total Topics: 2,740
  • Online today: 468
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 01:41:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chat and Craft Dates

Started by DesertRose, February 12, 2022, 06:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What date would work best for you to video/voice chat and work on small projects?

Saturday 19 February 2022
2 (33.3%)
Sunday 20 February 2022
4 (66.7%)
Saturday 26 February 2022
2 (33.3%)
Sunday 27 February 2022
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

DesertRose

So, a while ago our lovely Revanne got on video chat with me to help me figure out how to cast on while knitting (a thing I had known how to do in my adolescent years but had lost the muscle memory) and I helped her with a problem she was having with the crochet stitch known as a single crochet in the US but a double crochet in the UK (because two nations divided by the same language, I guess?).

We had fun, so we decided to do it again and Evie joined us, and we had even more fun.  Nezz and DerynifanK both expressed an interested, and we were going to go for a third time today (Saturday 12 February 2022) but Life in various iterations happened and the chat didn't come together.

We will be doing this on the Rhemuth Castle Discord server, in the voice chat channel called "L'Arc-en-Ciel Tea Room" because I had to be a fancy pants and come up with something that sounded like a place to chat while working on handwork projects.

If you're interested in joining us, please vote in the poll.  Time will generally be around 8:30 pm GMT/3:30 pm US Eastern, to make it workable for as many of us as possible, but we can probably tweak the time too.

And if you have other suggestions of dates/times/etc, please comment below!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Nezz

I think I added the wrong dates in the poll; I meant to mark the two Sundays, not a Sunday and a Saturday.

DesertRose

Quote from: Nezz on February 12, 2022, 10:02:47 PM
I think I added the wrong dates in the poll; I meant to mark the two Sundays, not a Sunday and a Saturday.

Since only you and I had voted yet, I just reset the votes.  I re-voted, so if you want to respond the way you meant to, you're clear to do it now.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

I could normally do Sundays but am away for the next 2 visiting relatives.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

Quote from: revanne on February 13, 2022, 11:56:12 AM
I could normally do Sundays but am away for the next 2 visiting relatives.

And the following Sunday will be early chat, so that preempts Chat and Craft.  But the Sunday after that (13 March) is probably a decent contender, even if we do one between now and then.  We can do this as often as we like, since it's just for fun.

DesertRose

So we crafted and chatted via Discord today, and the neat thing about using Discord (as opposed to Zoom) is that it doesn't have to be scheduled because using the Discord video/voice chat doesn't require an admin/mod.  You just join the channel and turn on your microphone and camera.

I think I'd like to try to schedule some more, just for convenience's sake, but the Tea Room is open for anyone who'd like to voice/video-chat about off-topic stuff.  (There's a Deryni Talk channel for on-topic, as well.)

How do we feel about doing another Craft and Chat on Sunday, 27 March, around 3:30 pm US EDT?

Evie

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

I'll try and make it this time. 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Nezz

I'll probably be able to make it for a little bit, at least...

Drianax

Ok.  Keeping in mind that I haven't had coffee yet, how do I get to the Dominion Server?  And are there specific crafts done each week, or whatever we feel like doing?  Please help with as much info as you can.  Thanks.

Evie

Hi! I already had a Discord account before the forum had a server there, but I think if you click on the Discord box at the bottom of the page, it should give you an invitation to the server. Read this link first, as it contains additional information: https://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php/topic,2591.0.html . And we aren't working on any specific sorts of crafts, so bring anything you happen to be working on at the moment.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Drianax

DesertRose

Quote from: Drianax on March 16, 2022, 10:17:29 AMThanks so much!

And if you need an invitation to the server, do let us know.  It's a simple thing to send it to you via forum private message.

DesertRose

How do we feel about the next few Sundays for chat and craft?  I know next Sunday is Palm Sunday and the one after that is Easter, so maybe the 24th would be best?

Or maybe 3:30 pm EDT/8:30 PM BST is late enough that church commitments will be finished for those who have them and we can do it next week, the 10th?

(I feel like Easter Sunday is probably a bad idea, but feel free to correct me.)

Nezz

Next week (April 10) 3:30 works just fine for me.