• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 245
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:18:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

wheel of time series

Started by tenworld, December 11, 2021, 08:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenworld

anyone watching Prime's series? its beautifully filmed, would be a great location for Culdi, Lendour etc. I am not a fan of how they weave the magic, too hokey but the use of portals is interestingly filmed.  They have changed a lot from the books so far, more the sequence than the characters and they dropped or combined a lot too but so far are mostly true to the main story.

any one about to read the books I recommend reading the prequel first. it's not much for depth of story but it sets up Lan & Moraine and Siuan characters and what the dragon is.

DoctorM

Quote from: tenworld on December 11, 2021, 08:33:59 PM
anyone watching Prime's series? its beautifully filmed, would be a great location for Culdi, Lendour etc. I am not a fan of how they weave the magic, too hokey but the use of portals is interestingly filmed.  They have changed a lot from the books so far, more the sequence than the characters and they dropped or combined a lot too but so far are mostly true to the main story.

any one about to read the books I recommend reading the prequel first. it's not much for depth of story but it sets up Lan & Moraine and Siuan characters and what the dragon is.

I haven't read the series, but I very much want to see the series. I've heard good things about it.

Nezz

I tried to read the series some years ago but just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll watch an episode or two to see it it strikes my fancy any better. If so, I'll try reading it again.

Jerusha

I am watching the series and still not sure if I like it or not.  Some of the characters I like, some I would like to slap from time to time.  Might try to read the prequel.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

I have the inter series ( like 10 books) on my shelf, My sister read everyone of them and then gave them to me. I have not opened the covers yet to look inside. Maybe I shall try the show first.
May your horses have wings and fly!