• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

May 16, 2024, 09:30:50 PM
that's fine Revanne
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,628
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 404
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 10:00:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Quarters

Started by revanne, September 16, 2021, 10:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

If you were taking part in a ritual and were given a choice which Archangel and quarter would you chose and why?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

THAT is a really good question. Having actually taken part here and there in a few rituals that did Quarter callings. I think it would depend on the purpose of the ritual and who was leading it as to which Quarter Call I would be most comfortable with during the ritual.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

I have to agree with Bynw that it would depend on the ritual, its purpose and who was leading it. But having been a nurse and a professor of nursing all of my career, I favor Raphael, the angel of healing a nondenominational healer and miracle worker who helps anyone who asks. He is the patron saint of nurses and physicians, the angel of healing full of compassion for sufferers.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DesertRose

I have called all four Quarters (not generally all in the same working, unless doing a solitary working), and I definitely prefer Gabriel/West/Water and Uriel/North/Earth, although sometimes the challenge of calling Raphael/East/Air or Michael/South/Fire is useful.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

My personal preference would be to call Gabriel in the west for my affinity with water.  There is something about great expanses of water that fill me with joy.

In writing my characters often seem to be the reason that the quarters are called. So that does not seem to offer much help. but when they are not the center of attention, they have stood in the north for Uriel and for earth. That my be my characters calling, but it is not my true personal calling. I would be more comfortable in the west.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

I would have to take the South Quarter and Michael.  I have always admired the warrior spirit.  Most of the characters I have written would not shy away from a good fight (or maybe even a bad one).
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

tenworld

Quote from: revanne on September 16, 2021, 10:10:14 AM
If you were taking part in a ritual and were given a choice which Archangel and quarter would you chose and why?

St Michael - ive always liked the Michaelines and their brotherhood. Also he represents the most powerful as well as direct action

DesertRose

I realized that I answered the first part of the question but not the second.

West/Water was "my" quarter for a long time; it was (and still is) easy for me to become emotional in ritual.

I got voluntold to call East/Air a few times precisely for that reason, to stretch my abilities a bit; it's not that I lack intellect or ideas, but it's not often where my head is in ritual space.  South/Fire is also a "stretch" for me; that energy is so strong as to be a bit scary, honestly.

North/Earth is easier as I've gotten older; the end of mortal life is not The End.  It's the close of a chapter or of a volume in a longer work.  And Earth is ready to hold us always, not just when we return our physical form to Her.

Now that I've gone thoroughly mystic on y'all . . . ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

ReikiDeryni

Having done ritual, I usually go with north if limited to four. Especially if leader of the ritual Center if there is five. All when alone🤭.

JediMatt1000

I know I have always curious/fascinated by Archangel Uriel, so if I were to take part; I'd like to cover those Quarters.
"Be the change you wish to see."