• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

May 08, 2024, 07:40:11 PM
Thanks Laurna
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,599
  • Total Topics: 2,740
  • Online today: 502
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 399
Total: 400
JudithR
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 09:04:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fan Articles

Started by Bynw, September 14, 2021, 10:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

Here is the place if you want to post an article on any topic within the Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

In the tradition of the Zipper Sisters these articles are about things in the various worlds that Katherine had introduced us to and your thoughts and possible explanations of the things. This isn't for story telling however. Keep that over with the fanfiction.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Marc_du_Temple

I don't know if this was written by a fan or not, but I just finished the first chapter of the second part in Temple & Stone, where Gruagach makes her debut. Utterly repulsive, but I can believe that there are people who would submit to such an abomination out of misplaced loyalty or a hunger for glory. I know next to nothing about Scottish paganism, so I immediately looked her up and found that while Gruagach appeasement seems to have evolved into . . . something like house elves, there are serious theorists that suspect that before it was a name for a mythical species, Gruagach was indeed a bovine Earth Mother. I can't find the publishing date of this article, but no matter when it came out, it shows that KK was on the cutting edge in her characterization of the Gruagach, seeing past the elfin exterior.

https://www.academia.edu/4402183/The_Gruagach_a_remnant_of_somethng_bigger
"We're the masters of chant.
We are brothers in arms.
For we don't give up,
Till 'time has come.
Will you guide us God?
We are singing as one.
We are masters of chant." -Gregorian