• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,578
  • Total Topics: 2,737
  • Online today: 433
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346
Google (2)
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 06:04:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

As Summer Nears

Started by Bynw, June 29, 2021, 12:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

A man rests in a darkened castle room. He wears a monk like robe sits cross legged on the bare floor. Before him are eight dice-like cubes, 4 white and 4 black, arranged in the starting pattern of a Wards Major.

He concentrates and moves his hand to the inner upper left cube and touches it. His voice calls it by name, "Prime." And it begins to glow with a faint cool white light.

The cube to the right is touched and named "Seconde". It glows as the first.

Then the cube under Prime is touched and named "Tierce". 3 white light glowing cubes are now present before the man. He touches the last of the inner cubes. "Quarte". And all 4 glow with an inner white light illuminating his face as he lowers his hood with a smile.

Lord Feyd, Deryni Adept, Nobleman of the east, Master of Assassins and leader of the Bor'dah, sits before glowing Wards cubes.

He balances the energies, and quickly names the outside black cubes. "Quinte, Sixte, Septime, Octave." They all glow with a dark blue-black fire.

Before he can go any further in his ritual he is interrupted by another who kneels before him. "Master. Forgive the interruption but I have news of great importance."

Feyd looked at the other younger man as if he were nothing more than a bug to be squished under his boot. He sits back saying nothing but the unspoken word is clear. If this news can wait there will be a penalty to pay.

The younger man clears his throat. His eyes still downcast.
"It has been many months since the Order learned of great powers of the youngest child of Morgan. And we sent in motion our greatest mission. The news is true Master. One of our own has been inducted into the hated Camberian Council. Master Galvin was chosen to fill the last vacant seat. He ..."

Feyd cuts off the younger man with a wave of his hand. "Leave Us and summon the others there is much to do."

The younger man bows, almost prostrating himself on the floor before he quickly rises and leaves the room. Feyd looks down at the glowing Ward cubes.

With a wave of his hand the cubes grow dark again and he scoops them up and rises to his feet. "Yes," he muses to himself, "there is much do and plan for the future. Especially in Gwynedd and the House of Morgan."
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Nezz

I can practically hear the evil DM laugh echoing from the near east...

Laurna

First the man has to get his ward cubes back. Unless he is warming up a new set.
Aack! about the CC's new member.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Quote from: Laurna on June 29, 2021, 12:27:46 PM
First the man has to get his ward cubes back. Unless he is warming up a new set.

You do realize, Bynw, I really, really want to know what happens next, right?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Just when we thought it was safe to open a new post from Bynw...
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Quote from: Bethane on June 29, 2021, 12:22:41 PM
I can practically hear the evil DM laugh echoing from the near east...

I was laughing as I wrote it.

Bynw

Quote from: revanne on June 29, 2021, 01:38:17 PM
Just when we thought it was safe to open a new post from Bynw...

ha ha ha ha. foolish reader, it is never safe.

Bynw

Quote from: Laurna on June 29, 2021, 12:27:46 PM

I'm not telling. Yet anyway.

Bynw

Quote from: Jerusha on June 29, 2021, 12:37:35 PM
You do realize, Bynw, I really, really want to know what happens next, right?

LOL. I'm sure you do. Heck I would like to know what happens next. I didn't even know about this until today.

DerynifanK

I also want to know when and how Feyd got his ward cubes back if those are his. Also the 200  year old event that he planned to avenge was never revealed. I think the Assassins will have some thinking to do. One of their strengths was that no one really knew about them. That is no longer true. Now many more people know about them. Carrying out nefarious plans becomes more difficult when you have been dragged out of the shadows into the light. Also they lost a few portals during their last mission. It may be that they are less powerful now. It will be interesting to see.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

Quote from: DerynifanK on June 29, 2021, 09:04:23 PM
I also want to know when and how Feyd got his ward cubes back if those are his. Also the 200  year old event that he planned to avenge was never revealed. I think the Assassins will have some thinking to do. One of their strengths was that no one really knew about them. That is no longer true. Now many more people know about them. Carrying out nefarious plans becomes more difficult when you have been dragged out of the shadows into the light. Also they lost a few portals during their last mission. It may be that they are less powerful now. It will be interesting to see.

They are his ward cubes, perhaps a story for another time. Of course not. They are always thinking. Many knew about them in the East, just few in Gwynedd. Still few know really who they are, so no harm done to the Order that Kelson is now aware of it as he can do nothing about it. They are still very much in the shadows and so are their plans although some would argue the nefarious point. Did they? Are they? It will indeed be interesting to see.

DerynifanK

Well Feyd is a fascinating character and I really want to hear more about him and what he is up to. He always really puzzled me. I would think I had him figured out and he would do something to make me rethink my conclusions.  Feyd is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma so will be awaiting what happens next with him.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

I'm not so sure Kelson can do nothing about the Order if they threaten his kingdom.

HoundMistress

Wait, is there anything that says a Deryni cannot have more than one set of Ward cubes? Or that they cannot make another set? The Guild is certainly interesting! And now one of "their own" has been selected for the Camberian Council, for whom it appears there is no love lost.  Curriouser and curriouser as Alice put it.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Laurna

Sounds like we are getting near ready to jump down the rabbit hole.

We have barely managed to climb out of the last deep hole.
May your horses have wings and fly!