• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 107
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 88
Total: 89
DoctorM
Google
Facebook External hit (3)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 06:23:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hi all..

Started by BlueSky, June 14, 2021, 02:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSky

Hi friends
I just started reading the first book. My sister used to frequent this site for many many years and loved it ,but she passed away 6 years ago. Her name here was Kirienne ( real name Geri). I thought I'd read the books to honor her memory. Hopefully I will become as enamored with them as she was.

Bynw

Hi BlueSky!

Welcome to our family. Your sister is well remembered here. And we are honored to have you with us as well.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Nezz

I'm sorry to hear about your sister, those are hard to come by and it's such a loss to lose one!

Gotta admit, I'm just a little bit jealous that you get to read the books with a fresh eye. I hope you love them as much as your sister did and as much as the rest of us do. Feel free to chat about your observations for any aspect of them, and I expect everyone would be happy to give you their opinions about things.

DerynifanK

Welcome, Blue Sky. I am sorry to hear about your loss but I hope you will enjoy the books as much as she did. Makes me wish I could be starting out anew to read them. We chat here on Sunday evenings at 7 PM so feel free to join and let us know what you think. We are always ready to talk about the Eleven Kingdoms and their inhabitants. Look forward to hearing more from you.
Your sister is fondly remembered here.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

Welcome, Blue Sky!  I have fond memories of chatting with Kirienne on the forum.  Hope you enjoy the books and please share your thoughts.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Welcome Blue-sky. I only had a couple of chats with Kirienne but know she is remembered with great love here. I hope you enjoy the book and those of us who have found our happy place here
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DoctorM

Hi! Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy the books as much as we do. This site has a lot of good folk who frequent it, so I think you'll be very welcome here!

Shiral

Welcome BlueSky, and yes, we remember and miss Kirienne/Geri! I hope you  enjoy the books. Feel free to start a discussion topic  whenever the mood takes you!
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Laurna

Welcome to the Castle BlueSky. I am so glad to hear from a family member of Kirienne. She was much loved by us and we have missed her.  I hope you enjoy the books and feel free to ask questions or just chat. We will do our best to answer without giving spoilers.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Hello, BlueSky, and welcome!

We do miss Kirienne, and we're glad to have you with us.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

JediMatt1000

Welcome, BlueSky! We hope you love it here!
"Be the change you wish to see."