• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

May 08, 2024, 07:40:11 PM
Thanks Laurna
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,599
  • Total Topics: 2,740
  • Online today: 502
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 255
Total: 255
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 08:43:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A wonderful quote by Bujold

Started by Nezz, May 20, 2021, 03:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nezz

I just read a book review by Lois Bujold, and she said something that I think rings true for many of us, so I thought I'd share.

My problem these days with coming-of-age, young-man-discovers-his-mojo books, of which this is one in a long, long line (to which I have myself added), is that the protagonists, who ought by rights to be the literary heartthrobs for any right-thinking geek grrl reader, are now all younger than my children.

For me, this was especially apropos, as I just reread Evie's Maidens of Mayhem stories and found myself wishing I were 16 again. :)

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Yep.  Haven't seen 16 in a long time, and neither have my sons!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

I am still that geek-girl.  In the minds eye, my real world age in negligible, where as my dreaming age can be anything I want it to be. Although I have to admit when I read some teenage characters, I just want to scream, "that was a foolish mistake, grow up." but then I guess that is the point of most youth-discovering-their-mojo books. LOL
May your horses have wings and fly!