• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 88
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 79
Total: 79
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 02:01:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Deryni Archives Vol 1

Started by Bynw, December 25, 2020, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

Happy Christmas all.

Many of those of us in the Deryni Fandom have never been able to obtain a copy of the original run of the Deryni Archives Zine. They were originally published in a time before the internet and widespread computer use and archiving. One of our projects is to digitize these old zines and make the available again to the fan base.

It has been discussed about cost to have this done. Since even the first issue is just over 35 pages and took nearly 20 minutes to scan. Some of the later editions are far bigger than the first. So time is always a factor. And if these were to be scanned professionally (like at a copy shop then there would be greater costs to have it done.)

At this time I am in possession of issues 1-17 which is about 10 shy of the 26 issues that exist. So as always if you are a long time fan and have copies of the Zine that you can part with it would be greatly appreciated to acquire these issue so they too can one day be scanned.

But as a Christmas gift to all. I make the Vol 1 edition available here
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DoctorM

Thank you! And best wishes for the holiday and the new year!

(I remember having a paper issue of Deryni Archives #1 arrive by mail...so many years ago!)

Laurna

A wonderful Christmas present, Bynw. Fun to read about his Grace's Christmas feast.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DoctorM

I did love the Christmas menu!

DerynifanK

Thank you Bynw for a lovely Christmas present. I had heard much about the Deryni Archives publication and longed to be able to read the gems that I was sure were to be found there. This first one lets us know how much richness is waiting to be rediscovered. I really hope all of the issues will eventually be found and shared here. I am certainly willing to help with the cost  Meanwhile, I loved the Duke's Christmas feast although I can't picture eating that much at one time. They must have been groaning by the end. I especially liked the Surprise Pie. Reminds me a bit of the traditional Christmas pudding with prizes hidden inside.
Happy Christmas to all and wishes for better times in the new year. I will be waiting with my broom at midnight on Dec. 31 to sweep 2020 out the door and into history.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

I will be scanning every issue that I have. But I don't have a full set. I come close but the others will have to surface someplace.

revanne

Thank you so much Bynw for all your hard work and for this lovely Christmas surprise.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

I have the full set (I think).  What ones do you still need?

Unfortunately, shipping from Canada will be expensive-ish.  And right now we are under lockdown again.  But maybe I could send them in small batches when you are ready for them.  We can probably work something out.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

I need everything after issue 17. That is the last one I have.

Jerusha

I have 18, 19 and 20.  They are large volumes (compared to the first ones) but not too bad. 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

How many total issues were there?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

LeDuc

I thank you for doing this. As I work hard and long hours, it isn't often I have time to be online or participate in the discussions, BUT, I have all the Deryni books, and that encyclopedia. I have found out a few 'related facts/connections' not yet discussed, yet the evidence is found and irrefutable. More later, as I don't have the references readily available, yet it makes for good research, reading and speculation in some ways not yet known.