• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 241
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208
Facebook External hit (2)
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:28:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

river query

Started by DoctorM, November 23, 2020, 04:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorM

A question... A few days ago I was looking through other fanfic entires and found a story whose opening chapter listed some place names in Gwynedd. One was the city on the River Eirian  that was the furthest point upriver that sea-going ships could reach. And now of course I can't recall a thing about where I found it. Does anyone recall the place? Maybe something like...Dhesse?

Thanks for any information.

Laurna

If you are speaking of Sea worthy vessels than I believe you are speaking of Desse.
Codex page 78
"Desse, This port town of Gwynedd lies 5 miles south of Rhemuth on the East bank of the River Eirian and the North bank of the River Molling, and is frequently used by travelers leaving for the Southern Sea. Just North of Desse lie the first shallows of the Eirian, making further travel upriver difficult save for low barges and small boats."

I know barges often dock in Rhemuth and can go up river as far as Valoret. The Eirian goes north and then east all the way passed Valoret and up into the Lendours, but I believe there are waterfalls when you fallow it into the Lendours.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Nezz

Map in KBB shows Desse just south of Rhemuth, and based on the symbols used on the map, that certainly looks where ships would have to stop; the river symbol turns into just a line past there.

DoctorM

Perfect--- thanks much, Laurna and Bethane! Much appreciated!