• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 74
Total: 74
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 05:31:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy Birthday DoctorM

Started by Jerusha, November 22, 2020, 02:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Happy birthday, DoctorM!  What was it like being born in 1004?   ;D

Hope you have a marvelous day.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DoctorM

Thank you! Much appreciated!

(I won't say I was born long ago, but I will note that trilobites were singing outside the window)

Laurna

A big Happy 1016th Birthday to you DoctorM.

However, since you seem to suggest that Trilobits were singing at your birth, I suspect you are much older than you look.

Here is a cake in remembrance ( if you can remember that far back) of your birth day. ;D

May your horses have wings and fly!

DoctorM

Very sweetly they sang, too! And the cake looks lovely! Merci!

DoctorM

And I have zero clue how my birth year got set at 1004 or 1016... One of those mysteries of life, I expect!

DesertRose

Happy birthday, DoctorM!

(If you want to correct/change it, you can go to your profile [link at the top of the forum page, and the relevant part will be under Modify Profile, then Forum Profile].  If you don't want to change it, don't worry about it.)

[Edited to clarify profile settings bit, because I had to go look; I didn't remember how to do it!]
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Nezz

I am in awe of your venerability, Doctor, and hope one day you will share with us the secrets to your health. In the meantime, say hello to the trilobites and have a happy birthday. :)

Laurna

Hey, DoctorM. We all know another Doctor...... Who is at least as old as you are. So the age does not phase us at all around here. Besides your post age puts you just a little younger than Alaric. ***Big Smile****
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Happy birthday Dr. M. Hope you have had a great day. Have been reading "The Year 1000:What life was like at the turn of the first Milennium." As you were around then, you should read it Not a bad time to be born.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DoctorM

Thanks to everyone! And...I hope I wear my thousand-year age well!

DerynifanK

Wouldn't have thought you were a day over 900. Lookin good
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DoctorM

Jerusha

Happy 1017th birthday, DoctorM!  Hope you have a wonderful day.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Nezz

Have a happy birthday, good Doctor, and I hope you have many more, and have the time to regale us with many more stories.

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)