• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,576
  • Total Topics: 2,737
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 148
Total: 149
Shiral
Google
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 02:20:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More amazing mail from Katherine

Started by DesertRose, November 06, 2020, 10:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

So I got two boxes in today's mail, both from Katherine.

One box held a whole bunch of fabric and book goodies, and the other held a truly huge length of beautiful teal-blue velveteen or velour.

Pics:  https://imgur.com/a/9GNfDSg

I mean, I get that it's a win-win; KK gets stuff out of her hair and I get cool stuff with which I can make more cool stuff, but I am blown clear out of the water by her generosity.  This is the third shipment she's sent me.

* DesertRose meanders off to plan pretties.  ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Very generous indeed!  KK is a very gracious lady.  Enjoy!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DoctorM

Laurna

Fabulous!. DR  I foresee a teal blue gown in your future. Enjoy.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Katherine is one special lady. And how gorgeous is that fabric - and everything else of course.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

What a wonderful treasure trove to receive! Wish my mailman brought things like that insteaed of bills and junk mail. KK is incredibly generous and I hope you enjoy all ot it. Cannot wait to see what you do with that gorgeous teal material. A gown made of that material would look really beautiful on Richenda, don't you think?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DesertRose

Quote from: DerynifanK on November 06, 2020, 02:46:36 PM
What a wonderful treasure trove to receive! Wish my mailman brought things like that insteaed of bills and junk mail. KK is incredibly generous and I hope you enjoy all ot it. Cannot wait to see what you do with that gorgeous teal material. A gown made of that material would look really beautiful on Richenda, don't you think?

It would indeed look well on Richenda, as her coloring is described.

The teal fabric also, methinks, would look fabulous on the Pod-Child, who looks a great deal like me in the facial features but got her hair and eye colors from not-me elements of her heritage.  She has dark-blonde/light-brown hair and green-hazel eyes. 

I suspect I'm going to end up making something for her out of it, but there's so much of that fabric (it's about 60"/150 cm wide and it must be at least 6 yd/5.5 m or more) that I may be able to do something for her and something for me.

The only problem I can foresee is that we live in Florida, so whatever it becomes will likely be for the cooler weather; even if it's cotton velveteen, it's too heavy for a Trimarian summer.  (That said, in non-plague times, summer is the "dead" time of year for SCA events in Trimaris, precisely for the reason that it is too darn hot to camp!)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)