• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 84
Total: 84
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 04:20:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Carson's Intro

Started by Carson, October 06, 2020, 08:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carson

Hi everyone
I'm waving hello from Australia :)

I first came across the wonderful Deryni universe decades ago and rediscovered the books in lockdown (Quarantine, not gaol!!!).

Katherine's books are the only ones that have captured me in the way that Dorothy Dunnett did with her outstanding Lymond Saga.  What Katherine does is give us the same depth of characters, (three-dimensional) and I just lover her world-building. I started my career as a History and English teacher and have always been fascinated by the Medieval period...Scotland and Wales...

I was in for a treat during our Lockdown as I discovered that there was a trilogy pre-Deryine Rising that I knew nothing of.  I loved discovering more of what had shaped Morgan...and learning more of the fascinating world of Torenth in King Kelson's Bride.  Poor Kelson - I was so pleased that he found happiness at last.

I love strong characters and particularly strong female characters. Thank you Katherine for the exquisite richness of the Deryni Universe and its captivating characters.

DoctorM

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you!

The boards here are always interesting, and the members are good people.

DerynifanK

So glad you found us Carson. Hope you will visit the forum often. You will find lots of fascinating stuff here and a great group of friends/fans. Welcome
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

Welcome to our corner of the internet. Given that you are down under it does make it a bit more difficult for you to join on weekly live chats when KK is generally present.

But we do meet on Sunday's for a chat at 7pm US Eastern. But for you depending on where in Australia you are located would be sometime Monday morning. For Sydney area it would be 10am and for the Perth area it would be 8am. And if you are in between the math is easy from there.

Also on the first Sunday of the month we generally hold a Zoom chat as well. But that is earlier in our day. The next one should be November 1st unless KK has something that comes up and we move it. That is normally held at 3pm US Eastern time. Which again for you would be Sydney area on Monday morning at 7am or Perth area would be 4am.

Both chats generally last an hour or 2.

The regular chat (coming up this Sunday) is held on IRC the links are on the forum or you can come in on our Discord as well. Always someone around in chat just say hello and see if anyone answers. Given the time zones give us a few minutes too.

Again welcome to the Castle
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

Welcome to the forum, Carson!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Hello Carson.
We love to welcome people from down under. We have had a few members join us from your side of the globe.  I am glad you found the Camber books. The first Camber trilogy is fun, the second trilogy of the Haldane sons is a little dark in places, but the light does shine through. So I hope you enjoy them as well. And of course I hope you found the Child Morgan trilogy as well. Reading is a good way to spend your time. Enjoy the forum.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Shiral

Welcome to the forum, Carson. Glad you found your way here!
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

revanne

Welcome to the Castle Carson. I am from the UK and found this forum about 7 years ago now, lots to see and really great people. I also loved the Dorothy Dunnett books.

Loads of fanfic here once you have finished Canon.

Anne
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Nezz

Hello Carson, and welcome from a fellow newb. They really truly don't bite around here, so I recommend you just dive in and have fun. :)