• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 241
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225
Google
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:36:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New to the group.

Started by DiAmbre, July 04, 2020, 07:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiAmbre

Glad to be aboard.  Been a fan since Deryni Rising was required reading in my 12th grade Sci-Fi / Fantasy back in '91.  My large format map of The Eleven Kingdoms is still one of my favorite possessions.

Bynw

Welcome. That's pretty cool that your HS class had Deryni Rising as required reading.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DiAmbre

Not gonna lie, the first couple of chapters were hard to get through.  Historical fantasy wasn't my thing at the time I was more a Tom Clancy and action adventure reader at the time.  Once I got to Kelson standing up to the Council and taking his rightful place as king I had the trilogy finished by the following weekend.  Still have them sitting front and center on my book shelf.

Bynw

As you make your way around the forum there is a lot to do.
We have a little shoutbox at the top.
We have a whole section dedicated to fanfic if you get the writers itch.
A heck of a lot of posts and a multitude of subjects concerning Katherine's writings. If you find a locked post just make a new one if you have something to add on the subject.
There is an on going play-by-post game set about 30 years after the events of King Kelson's Bride. You are free to read and catch up on that ongoing game story. There is a thread for non players to post in, the out of character thread.

Every week (on Sunday at 7pm ET) we have a chat with Katherine in our IRC chatroom. This chat is mirrored with Discord so the 2 services can see what's happening.

On the 1st Sunday of the month at 3pm ET we have our monthly Zoom chat with Katherine. We always send out 2 notices. One via email generally on the Monday or Tuesday before the Zoom chat. And then again on Saturday via a private message on the forum. These give you the links and necessary login details if prompted.

That's just the tip of the iceberg here at the castle on what is going on.

Enjoy your stay
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DoctorM

Welcome aboard! Good to have you.

And I love that map, too.

Quote from: Bynw on July 04, 2020, 07:33:46 PM
Welcome. That's pretty cool that your HS class had Deryni Rising as required reading.

DerynifanK

Welcome DiAmbre. You will love this site. There is so much to read and learn here. Enjoy!
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

Welcome to Rhemuth Castle, DiAmbre. Love having new people. Enjoy looking around. and maybe we will get to see you on Zoom chat today.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Welcome to the forum, DiAmbre!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany