• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,569
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 377
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 11:17:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good afternoon!

Started by QuasiSparklz, May 19, 2020, 04:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuasiSparklz

Well, even though I registered for the forum way back in 2008, it looks like I never formally introduced myself.  After participating in the Zoom chat last Saturday, I've decided I want to dive back in to this community.  Not that I was very heavily involved to begin with, but that doesn't matter.

Anyway, my name is Sarah, and I live in Illinois.  I discovered KK's novels in the late 90s, when I was in middle school.  As a member of my school's Library Club, I helped out during my lunch period and had first dibs on withdrawn books.  Deryni Rising, Deryni Checkmate, and Camber of Culdi were all withdrawn one year and I pulled them aside for myself because they sounded interesting.  The rest was history.  I'd always been an avid reader and once thought I'd like to be an author.  In elementary school, I participated in the Young Authors program, writing such classics as "The Chicken that Came to School", "The Flying Hat" (or was it "The Magic Hat"?), and "The Mystery of the Lost Dog".  I further exercised my writing in high school with an extensive fanfic based on Sailor Moon.  In 2009, I completed NaNoWriMo.  Sometimes I still think I might try write something publishable, but I'm too self-conscious to share my work and I just have not prioritized it.

These days, I spend my time working as president of a software company where I've been a developer for the past 10 years, raising a toddler, trying to keep our 3 cats from killing each other, and doing my best to keep on top of housework.  In my free time (whatever that is), I watch Korean Dramas with my friends, play Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and am working on polishing up my Japanese on Duolingo.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better and participating more regularly in chat!

DoctorM

Bynw

Great to have you back! There is plenty of things to read here on the forums and of course there is the chat and we will be doing more Zoom chats now too.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

QuasiSparklz

Thank you!  It's been awhile since I was really involved in an online community (outside of Facebook, of course, but that's a different animal).  It feels familiar, but strange at the same time.  I dreamed last night that I got my hands on a copy of an IRC trivia bot from a trivia channel I used to play in regularly, relaunched the channel, and started updating the trivia content.

Laurna

Hello QuasiSparklz/ Sarah Welcome to the forum pages. looks like you are a busy person. I hope you enjoy the time you spend with us.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

So happy to meet you Quasisparklz. I know you will enjoy the forum. There is lots to read and learn and the people are great. very supportive. Glad you are here.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

Hi QuasiSparklz,

good to meet you the othe day via Zoom. This is a lovely supportive forum, and I great place to share your writing.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

FeyGriffin

Nice to meet you, I relate to a fair bit of that myself - 3 cats, trying to write (Ideas are easy, words are hard), was an IT security consultant for 20 years, now enjoying the relatively easier life as a sysadmin, 25% of the money, 200% more free time. Decided more time for friends, family & me was far more important than what I earned.

Jerusha

Welcome to the forum, FeyGriffin!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DoctorM

Quote from: FeyGriffin on May 27, 2020, 06:24:04 PM
Nice to meet you, I relate to a fair bit of that myself - 3 cats, trying to write (Ideas are easy, words are hard), was an IT security consultant for 20 years, now enjoying the relatively easier life as a sysadmin, 25% of the money, 200% more free time. Decided more time for friends, family & me was far more important than what I earned.

Welcome aboard, FeyGriffin!

DerynifanK

Welcome to the forum FeyGriffin. Delighted to have you. We might be trying to pick your brains about those swords and other medieval weapons. This is a great groups and I am sure you will enjoy it.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance