• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

May 16, 2024, 09:30:50 PM
that's fine Revanne
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,628
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 405
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 373
Total: 375
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 10:47:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Thank you. I have been trying to remember what day Dhugal knights Richard Kirby and I can now locate that  as Monday morning and take it forward to fit in with the other timelunes.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Amazing. How did you do that? Really  cool because it did seem that a much longer time had passed. So much happened in such a short time.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Evie

It's just a matter of keeping up with what happens from one dawn to the next in the story itself (not in real life!), which Laurna has done a great job of keeping track of. Since our real lives are hectic and therefore our time to write is very sporadic, it is very helpful to see the timeline laid out visually rather than trying to just keep it in our heads, which is why the players (sometimes in coordination with Bynw) have to do a fair bit of behind-the-scenes plotting and planning ahead to figure out where things currently stand and what needs to happen next, in addition to figuring out who will write what (and when they'll find the time to do that) . And sometimes despite our best efforts to keep track of things, we still get a bit tangled up!  :)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Oh, Kelson! Did you really know that this is what it means to be king. Dealing with all the ins and outs of your courtiers and your loyal men and women, tolerating that which can be tolerated even if it isn't always what you as king thinks is best,  Finding what ever way allows the kingdom to uphold its honor and to survive another day.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

Poor Kelson Drapper is going to lose the kingdom that his family usurped when Camber gave them the Haldane name in his own bid for power. It back fired on him and it will come full circle now with the Festilic line restored to their rightful place in the 11 Kingdoms

(( Ah having fun being the Devil's Advocate here ))
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

Lord I hope not!  Don't feel it would be at all good for  the 11 kingdoms  to be returned to the Festils. Well written Jerusha. Poor Kelson, glad I'm not in his shoes, what a tangle.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

Poor Wash, misjudged again and not his fault, he is unconscious  under the influence of the drugs again,

revanne

Um, I don't think he is altogether unwilling or too uncomfortable.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Yeah, his spirit definitely seemed willing, though his flesh was too weak to stay awake for long enough to stay up for the job. Um...so to speak.   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

DerynifanK

It didn't seem to me he was  all that willing. He told her to leave and he never got to question her. Seems to me all the willingness was on her side.

revanne

For a young unmarried nobleman taking comfort where it is  offered would not have been considered dishonourable or particularly scandalous.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Can a person be judged willing when they are locked in  a dungeon drugged and unconscious ?

Demercia

I think the thrust of the scene -brilliant by the way - is on Aliset and not Washburn.   Of course she is going to be shocked, she has probably never seen a naked man before and certainly not one in that pose. Unfortunately for them young unattached noblewomen were not given the same latitude in behaviour.   And as the scene goes on she starts to realise she has overreacted. 
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Evie

She might not be as shocked as you might think. Medieval people didn't have the same notions of privacy as we do, and men were also held to different standards as women (by society, anyway, if not necessarily by the Church). Aliset grew up in a small manor. She's probably walked in on her brothers bathing a time or twelve, might have even helped bathe a younger sibling or two, and once her brothers got old enough to take an interest in the prettier (or at least more willing) serving wenches, she might have easily deduced that the sounds she heard from their (hopefully closed) bedcurtains were caused by the same activity that sometimes occured in the relative privacy of their parents' own bed after everyone settled down for the night. Even in a fairly well off medieval home, a separate bed for everyone was rare, much less a separate bedroom. At most, Aliset's home might have had a girls' room, a boys' room, and the master bedroom, with the family members having beds and their closest servants possibly sleeping on pallets in the same room.

And that's not even counting if her brothers liked to go swimming in the summer (often done nude so you wouldn't mess up your clothes). Aliset has probably seen naked males lots of times, only they normally would have been related to her, and probably not embracing a naked woman unless she just happened to walk in on someone enjoying a "private" moment in a not very private house at just the wrong time.

What she finds more shocking about what she sees is that everyone has been worrying themselves sick about Washburn, but there he is, seemingly having himself a grand old time!   ;D Of course, she eventually realizes maybe things aren't what they seem. But as to how she'd react to seeing his nude form if she hadn't been distracted by the presence of that unexpected woman in the room, she'd probably have just admired the well-honed fighting machine before her for a moment and thought to herself that maybe her brothers should have worked out more because their musculature fell short. LOL!

--WARNING!!!--

DerynifanK

I'M a little puzzled by how we see Wash unconscious  from the drugs and the next time we see him he is nude and embracing this girl. I know I don't always catch on quickly but I'm not sure how this happened. I am sad that another person he cares about is thinking badly of him as his family often did.