• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,578
  • Total Topics: 2,737
  • Online today: 376
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 366
Total: 367
JudithR
Google (3)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 12:32:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Could it possibly be in the abandoned  church in the Jewish part of Rhemuth that Denis found when he was looking for a Talmud scholar.
Have to say that I find it very discouraging that  everything seems to be tilted in Feyd's favor. Doesn'T seem that it will lead to a good outcome for Wash. Would really hate to lose him,
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

Poor Washburn - I hope his family is soon able to see him as Kelric now does.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Quote from: Jerusha on May 29, 2018, 01:39:10 PM
Poor Washburn - I hope his family is soon able to see him as Kelric now does.

I figured that Denis didn't see Alaric as mature or well-trained until he finally saw him as both general to the armies and able to hold his own in casting wards and finding out he empowering Kelson. Therefore Denis would have a biased judgement on Alaric's youngest son. The oldest son has proven himself many times over to Denis and the CC, but the youngest son has had more trouble with gossip thinking he is just the "Jock"  than what he really is if anyone had learned to know him in person. I figure Denis would be the last person to be persuaded.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

I wondered that too Laurna. I think Denis would see far too much of the young Alaric in Washburn and make his judgement of him accordingly.

I noticed that according to Denis it was Richenda and Duncan who had let aspects of his training slide - I think even in old age Denis would struggle to admit that he, too, could get things wrong.

And of course Denis has not seen the side to Washburn which we have seen, unless he has been reading "Ghosts of the Past" on the sly.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Just hope they do rescue wash and that he lives long enough for his family and the court see him as Kelric   and his friends do. He wants more training and especially to learn healing skills, I hope he gets that chance
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DesertRose

Well done, revanne!

I know Columcil and the Archbishop had been dreading that conversation even having a reason to occur, never mind actually occurring, but I think that might be the best possible outcome!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DerynifanK

Beautifully done Revanne. Perhaps the best resolution  of this problem, at least for now. So many problems  weighing on them all.

Laurna

I am brushing away many tears.

Especially when Dhugal considered how very different this revelation feels compared to when He was revealed to be the son of Duncan. These men are older, they are not in need of finding themselves, not like young Dhugal had been in the early days. However, as men of the same blood and same disposition  I love to see that they are on the road to finding wholeness as a family unit and finding trust. This is a wonderful addition to the story. Thank you.

Laurna

I also want to say that Columcil's bravery to stand forth taking the lead from both his Archbishop and his Duke proved to me what the man is truly made of. This humble preist is of far sterner stuff than even he has accredited to himself. Columcil is the right man to have on Washburn's and Lady Aliset's side. I have complete faith that he and Darcy will become the heroes of the day.

Laurna

EECK! Jerusha. I count on seeing Lord Dunstan's loyalty re-payed to his sons.

DerynifanK

I think Sidana is being used and I don't see a good outcome for her. Looking forward to Kelson retaking Ratharkan. Hope Lord Dunstan's loyalty will be rewarded.

revanne

Poor Sidana. I fear her innocence won't last long .Very evocative scene, Jerusha.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

My thanks to Evie for finding the description of the Mearan coat of arms for me.  :)

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Since Richard Kirby is injured following  the fight in the library  and those ships need to be sailing for Laas, do you think that Darcy might be assigned to help him? He is an experienced  sailor with his masters  papers. Just a thought