• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,578
  • Total Topics: 2,737
  • Online today: 433
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 340
Total: 340
Bing (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Quote from: Laurna on May 24, 2018, 10:19:01 PM
Quote from: DerynifanK on May 24, 2018, 05:20:03 PM
Poor Wash seems to be forgotten and no one seems to be able to help him. Every time we see him it gets worse. Very depressing

For Washburn's sake, please keep an optimistic outlook. He needs the good vibes. Believe me, he is not forgotten, most definitely not by me. The truth of it is that I panicked and the ladies got anxious to the point that I called for a "SLOW DOWN". We need to give ourselves time to work this out, and not let the stress effect our real world jobs. So today was a day for recuperation and centering. Don't want to make hasty decisions that might get Player characters or Non-player characters into deep trouble.

Now, if anyone, that is any reader, on this forum can figure out the locations that Wash is being held, prior to us figuring out his location in the story, then you can send a personal Message to Desert Rose, "I can guess where Washburn is." If and when it is revealed in the story and you have the location correct, you just might get a Karma Point for your guess. Just, whatever you do, do not tell The Scholar/ Feyd that you are on to him. Wash's life would be in more danger if Feyd feels his hiding places have been compromised. Believe me, Dowager Duchess Richenda and Lady Laurna want Sir Washburn Morgan back in Rhemuth, ALIVE!

In fairness Laurna, it wasn't only you panicking. Now if we only had a shiral crystal to see what Bynw is really up to😉.

Seriously though, I think my writing is improving thanks to the tension our honoured GM is creating - keep up the good work Bynw.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Wondering what happened with some ideas that were mentioned  but then seemed to be dropped . What happened with Arilan's nephews efforts to follow Feyd? Was the other man captured ever interrogated? In all the concern about events in Rhemuth, is Kelson still dispatching the ships and men to Las to prevent it's capture? What about Ratharkan and the men waiting there? So many threads. It's exciting but sometimes hard not to lose track of a thread. I'm sure bynw must have an overall plan but I'm amazed at his ability  to juggle it all.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

I do have to say I think drawing and quartering would be too good for Feyd
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Evie

Quote from: DerynifanK on May 25, 2018, 08:17:47 AM
Wondering what happened with some ideas that were mentioned  but then seemed to be dropped . What happened with Arilan's nephews efforts to follow Feyd? Was the other man captured ever interrogated? In all the concern about events in Rhemuth, is Kelson still dispatching the ships and men to Las to prevent it's capture? What about Ratharkan and the men waiting there? So many threads. It's exciting but sometimes hard not to lose track of a thread. I'm sure bynw must have an overall plan but I'm amazed at his ability  to juggle it all.

None of these threads have been dropped. They have all been discussed during a lot of behind-the-scenes plotting (what Bynw would call "note passing"  ;D ), but we players have all been very busy in our real lives just at the moment, not to mention that we're still trying to figure out where Bynw's clues are leading us and how to dovetail that into all the other threads needing to be followed and resolved, and all of those things take time to figure out.  So please be patient.  Creative energy ebbs and flows, and time for writing comes in on-again-off-again spurts as well, but that doesn't mean we've forgotten any of this.  We're just running into the usual limits of a finite 24-hour day, feeling too tired from stuff happening in our lives to deal with writing original content at the moment, and having the disadvantage of being mere humans rather than story vending machines, or even Deryni, who at least have fatigue banishing spells to help them manage.  LOL!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Quote from: DerynifanK on May 25, 2018, 08:18:57 AM
I do have to say I think drawing and quartering would be too good for Feyd

He would argue that he is simply trying to make a living like anyone else. Where he is different in the medieval world is that his loyalty is to himself and not to a liege lord which makes him suspect.

He could be treating Washburn a great deal more harshly, probably less harshly than the treatment that our greybearded friend is suffering at the hands of Kelson's interrogators.

Having said all that I would not be at all sorry to see his head served up on a platter a la John the Baptist.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Fatigue banishing spells? Did someone say they were passing that around? I'll take one.
This morning I am working with the Arilan men but it is not anywhere near posting, I still have some questions and I need to make some rolls just to see what information they can get. Mostly belated information, I fear. Sleuthing is always a catching up game.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on May 24, 2018, 10:19:01 PM
Now, if anyone, that is any reader, on this forum can figure out the locations that Wash is being held, prior to us figuring out his location in the story, then you can send a personal Message to Desert Rose, "I can guess where Washburn is." If and when it is revealed in the story and you have the location correct, you just might get a Karma Point for your guess. Just, whatever you do, do not tell The Scholar/ Feyd that you are on to him. Wash's life would be in more danger if Feyd feels his hiding places have been compromised. Believe me, Dowager Duchess Richenda and Lady Laurna want Sir Washburn Morgan back in Rhemuth, ALIVE!

I have two guesses so far.  :)

And for the record, I don't have the faintest clue where Feyd took Wash.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

That is great DR.  PM yourself the locations and give yourself a karma point if either are correct.
I hope you don't mind that I volunteered you for this duty. I figured you were a good neutral person for other's to contact. That way we four writers don't get biased by other people's ideas and bwyn does think his clues are too obvious if someone figures is out before we do. Believe me, we are all trying to sleuth this answer.

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on May 25, 2018, 01:56:06 PM
That is great DR.  PM yourself the locations and give yourself a karma point if either are correct.
I hope you don't mind that I volunteered you for this duty. I figured you were a good neutral person for other's to contact. That way we four writers don't get biased by other people's ideas and bwyn does think his clues are too obvious if someone figures is out before we do. Believe me, we are all trying to sleuth this answer.

Nah, I'm in the SCA.  This was not the first time someone voluntold me something, and it will likely not be the last!  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DerynifanK

I just wondered about the other things, I do realize that you are all busy peopke and I think you are amazing writers. Trying to be patient. Sending you a present of fatigue banishing spells, hope they help.

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

That was a lot of work Laurna.Thanks for the explanation  of how  Feyd could get to the portal in the library. I wondered how that  worked. Just wish it could have had a better outcome . Hope the fatigue banishing spell helped . Really longing for something good to happen but guess it will take a little longer. Poor Wash.

HoundMistress

That cursed Feyd!! I hope he gets what's coming to him before then end of the story!!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Jerusha

Feyd seems to get a inordinate amount of successful rolls, no matter who is rolling for him.  Sigh.  Though we knew Washburn could not be rescued because Feyd already made the second jump.  (Drat.)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Those were all honest losing rolls. I would have made the scene for after Feyd had left, if they had succeeded. Though it worked better with this timing, so that Duncan's attempt happened right after. Now we have to go find Poor Sextus. Any guesses where this portal is before I get the answer from Bynw and write it up?