• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211
Bing (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:53:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Time for some good news...

Started by Aerlys, April 17, 2015, 04:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlys

...and maybe a forum first?

I've held off announcing this till all seemed well. We are expecting what I think is the first Forum Baby! I am due October 12. Now that I am past 14 weeks, this one is most likely going to stick.

This is not part of my dilemma in another thread, BTW, though I was pretty darn sick for a while there.

And thanks to revanne for keeping the secret. Now I expect everyone to start coming up with outrageous names...Deryni ones, of course!
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

I was thinking that might be your good news that you mentioned rather obliquely in chat last night, but I didn't want to push.  (That's your job, come October, unless you have a C-section. :D )

Congratulations!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

Woo hoo!  Great news.  I, of course, would not suggest Jerusha as a proper Deryni name.  No, not me.... 😉
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Awesome, my lady!
This is very good news, I am so happy for you.
Since I am thinking a red-head is on the way, may I suggest Richenda or Rhysel for a girl and Kelric or Tieg (or Tiegan) for a boy. Of course there is always Araxie or Dhugal too. And let us not forget Jerusha, lol!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Shiral

Congratulations, Aerlys! I hope all goes well and that there will be a safe delivery next October!. How about....Evaine?  Unless you already know it's a boy, of course.   :D

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Aerlys

Drumroll please....

It's a BOY!!!  ;D ;D ;D
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Laurna

A boy, a boy, it's to be a boy!
Ok! Rhys or Kelric or Alaric would be my choice.

Evie

Huzzah!  Now to begin the list of male Deryni names that also happen to be the names of real world saints.  (Nearly typed "real world Deryni saints," but alas, that might be an extremely short list.  *sigh*)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

Great news!

Joram could be a good name too, or Nigel.

How does mini-Mister feel about a new baby brother (if you've told him)?  I seem to remember he wanted one.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Aerlys

Mini-Mister is thrilled to be having a baby brother. On the downside, he wants to save EVERYTHING he doesn't need for the baby.

About a year ago, Mini-Mister came to me and asked, "Mommy, for my birthday, can I have a baby brother?" I replied that babies come from God, so he'd have to ask Him. He did.

Ironically, his birthday is Oct. 24th and this baby is due Oct 12th, and I usually go about a week overdue. This year, he will, indeed, have a baby brother for his birthday!

DD3 (almost 7), on the other hand, was heartbroken when we told her this would be a boy. She's been drawing pictures of babies with bows in their long hair. The older boys are thrilled, and the older girls are al little disappointed, but still happy that we;re having a baby.

Hilaire Belloc

Laurna

Birthday wishes do come true! Good wish from Mini-Mister.  ;)
And then there is sweet DD3. You will have to go invest in one of the those nice dolls for her, with long hair and bows. And then tell her how special she is for being the best of little girls and how she will be the most help for mommy in caring for the new babe.
I was 8 when my little brother was born and I remember trying to help mom in every way that I could.  :D