• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:20:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 101
Total: 102
JudithR
Google (2)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Not new, but it's been a while.

Started by Aerlys, March 07, 2020, 11:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlys

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I've been here. Life pretty much went sideways, and much of the things I loved and enjoyed went to the wayside, including my beloved Rhemuth Castle and all its inhabitants.  I admit, I've forgotten my way around.

You may remember me as the crazy one with 8 kids. (The youngest is named Rhys. :) )  What most of you didn't know is that i was struggling for years to keep my marriage from unraveling. Coming here and delving into my yet-unfinished fanfic kept me sane and provided me some shelter from the storm.

However, the storm intensified into a great tempest, and i nearly lost my way. But God is good, and reprieve came with the discovery of circumstances that invalidated my marriage (too long a story to post here). I was able to file for divorce and receive an annulment (I'm Catholic).

And so, here I am with my five kiddos under 18, learning how to be a single working mom.  I can't promise that I will be able to visit as much as I would like, since life is pretty busy, but I hope to pop in  more often, and maybe at long last finish my fanfic to post for either your enjoyment or torture. I may even be able to resume my duties as the castle's patisserie, and provide a birthday cake or two.

So if you guys don't mind, I shall wander the castle grounds and try to find my way around again.

It's good to be back. I've missed you all.

~Aerlys~
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Laurna

Aerlys, it is ever so good to hear from you on the forum. We say hi on facebook once in a while, but that is just not that same as you coming home to the castle, no matter how frequently you can visit. We shall love showing you around, (this way to the kitchen, dearest mistress of the patisserie.) Oh and then there is the royal library where the king has been adding all kinds of fun new stories.  If you ever need some late night reading you can not go wrong.
Welcome home, my lady.
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Good to have you back and prayers that you have weathered the worst of the storm, though I am sure that there must be hard days. What we need is to find a nice little solar in the sunniest corner of the castle especially set up for visitors to the castle who are brusied and battered by life. I'll bag a seat there but there is plenty of room for all.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

Welcome back @Aerlys glad to have you join us again just in time for chat tonight with KK
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

HoundMistress

You've had a long haul there and good to be free of it, I imagine. Hope that we will see much more of you!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DesertRose

Welcome back, @Aerlys !  We've missed you, and we'll be glad to see you whenever you can visit!

I will miss tonight's chat (going to an orchestra concert; a friend of mine plays bass violin in it, and my mom and I and another friend are going to the concert together), but I'm usually logged into Discord, if I'm home and awake.  You may have to tag me by username there to get my attention, LOL.

So good to have you back!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Welcome back, Aerlys! Good luck, and we'll be glad to see you when you can find moments to join us. The end of a marriage is hard, but staying in a marriage that is offering severely diminished returns can be far worse for your physical and emotional health.
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Jerusha

Welcome back, Aerlys!  Hope we can remain your comfort zone.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

I'm late in responding but happy to welcome you back to the castle. It is a wonderful port in stormy seas and I look forward to seeing more of you here.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

JediMatt1000

"Be the change you wish to see."