• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Marc_du_Temple

Today at 06:29:12 PM
Sorry I have been absent so many Sundays. It has been a very eventful series of weekend. Still lookiing for work, though.  ;D
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,554
  • Total Topics: 2,730
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 15, 2024, 10:49:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bored at home & want to read some KK novels? Check your library e-reading apps!

Started by Avisa, April 13, 2020, 10:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avisa

I have a pretty good selection of Deryni novels at home, but now when shopping online has gotten a bit more complicated and public libraries are closed, I finally got around to checking my library system's e-book apps and discovered a load of KK's books available via Hoopla and a couple via Overdrive/Libby as well. I'm rereading Camber of Culdi for the first time since the first time I ever read it ages ago!

If you're not sure what you have access to or how to use them, feel free to ask. I'm a public librarian so working this stuff out for people is literally my job :)

*Couldn't figure out if there was another forum where this post technically belongs, let me know if it should be moved *

DesertRose

My library uses Hoopla; I've been reading the Brother Cadfael and the Miss Fisher mystery series on Hoopla lately, since I have most of KK's books in paper editions and I have a good number on my Kindle app, too!

But it's a good idea to check out the library e-lending apps; we need to support our public libraries as best we can now and always.  (I got my first library card when I was three; I have a number of very fond memories of my grandmother taking Little!Me to the library.)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DoctorM

The library system where I am has always had an excellent interlibrary loan program, and I make heavy use of that. They'll also get me books from other libraries in the city and parish very, very quickly. They have Criterion and Kanopy for films. And several KK books on Overdrive--- which I'm glad for, not just because I like the books but because many of my own copies vanished during many moves and I do need references and early versions of the Eleven Kingdoms map!