• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Sorry, I got so excited about finding out where Paulos is I commented in the wrong spot.   :(

Nice to know where his is now.  East of Valoret.  Hmmm.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Since we know who Paulos really is, I don't trust any of his pious comments or any of his help to the village. I am sure he is up to no good and he will cause more pain and suffering to others especially Wash.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

Quote from: DerynifanK on August 06, 2019, 04:06:20 PM
Since we know who Paulos really is, I don't trust any of his pious comments or any of his help to the village. I am sure he is up to no good and he will cause more pain and suffering to others especially Wash.

YOU might know who you think Father Paulos really is ... but the characters haven't heard of him and wouldn't know anything at all. That is the point of view the characters must use.

That's called in gaming circles the separation of player knowledge from character knowledge.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

Got it. I understand. But Paulos is working to gain the trust and affection of the villagers. I wonder why. Am sure it is not from benevolent intentions.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

Father Paulos is a visiting priest from Beldour. Studying the differences and similarities between the Church in Gwynedd and the Church in Torenth. The two kingdoms haven't always been on speaking terms. But for the last 30 years (most of the lives of a lot characters (PC and NPC) its been a peaceful relationship. I noted earlier that Father Paulos has been at the village for sometime. Even before the events of our game started. The people are used to him coming and going while he makes lengthy reports to his Bishop back in Beldour. Sometimes in person. Other times he visits other religious shrines in his studies of religious life in Gwynedd. He's writing quite a journal about it.

His intentions are quite benevolent. And he has already gained the trust and affection of the villagers.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Quote from: Bynw on August 07, 2019, 03:09:19 PM
Father Paulos is a visiting priest from Beldour. Studying the differences and similarities between the Church in Gwynedd and the Church in Torenth. The two kingdoms haven't always been on speaking terms. But for the last 30 years (most of the lives of a lot characters (PC and NPC) its been a peaceful relationship. I noted earlier that Father Paulos has been at the village for sometime. Even before the events of our game started. The people are used to him coming and going while he makes lengthy reports to his Bishop back in Beldour. Sometimes in person. Other times he visits other religious shrines in his studies of religious life in Gwynedd. He's writing quite a journal about it.

His intentions are quite benevolent. And he has already gained the trust and affection of the villagers.

What a nice man Father Paulos appears to be.  ::)
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Ah yes, Father Paulos and Master Hyde Feyd.  An interesting, two-sided coin.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

And now Fiona is on her way.  Let's hope there are no lurking dangers ahead.

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Quote from: Laurna on August 07, 2019, 03:19:53 PM
Quote from: Bynw on August 07, 2019, 03:09:19 PM

What a nice man Father Paulos appears to be.  ::)

I'm quite sure he is benevolant. Benevolant to whom though?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Appearances can be deceiving.  Remember Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

HoundMistress

Thanks, Jerusha for getting the little party on their way to Valoret. Kind of fitting that Valoret would be the site of celebration of a Deryni life. Looking forward to more!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

Loved it Jerusha. The dialog between Darcy and Aliset is always delightful. You do it so well. Hope all goes well on the trip to Arx Fidei. Like Darcy, I think all would appreciate an uneventful trip.

revanne

Lovely writing Laurna. Although the phrase "herding cats" does come into mind.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on August 10, 2019, 03:19:38 PM
Lovely writing Laurna. Although the phrase "herding cats" does come into mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgLLKSL-S1s

"Don't let anybody tel you it is easy... I am living a dream...  I wouldn't do anything else."

Love it, revanne
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Great scene, Laurna! Loved all of the descriptions, though I can't imagine why Darcy would be thinking about a private room.   ;D

-- Old English Litany