• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:15:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 105
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 97
Total: 97

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

My summation of the Descendants of Camber MacRorie, Earl of Culdi

Started by Laurna, January 29, 2017, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

I want to thank the administrators of the Rhemuth Castle forum for allowing each of the forum members their own little section to highlight the works that so many of us have contributed out of joy and love to the world of the Deryni. In addition to fan-fiction, which I have written in the past and hopefully will add to in the future, there is another work I would like to highlight in my collection. For many months last year, I hunted through the Codex Derynianus for the generations of people who could call Camber MacRorie, the Earl of Culdi, their ancestor. My original desire was to find a true link that connected my beloved character Alaric Morgan to my other beloved character from 200 years prior, the man known to be Camber's son-in-law, Rhys Thuryn. I found that link and so much, much more. There is an amazement of detail spelled out in the Codex by our wonderful Katherine Kurtz and arranged  quite devilishly at times by the Codex's co-author Robert Reginald.

If any one is interested in such details to enjoy the Novels of the Deryni more, or in perhaps, helping their own work become intertwined with the descendants of Saint Camber, then I hope you look at my charts and summations and find information there that will help you. Nearly all I have posted comes directly from various pages within the Codex Derynianus soft cover addition.  There are a few spots I had to extrapolate and those I list under "best guess". Some day, I would so love to  discover from the original author if I have it right, or if I need to amend something to make it right.

You can find my charts on the Descendants of Camber MacRorie, Earl of Culdi, here:

http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php/topic,1441.0.html

Thank you all for allowing me to play in this wonderful fantasy world.
May your horses have wings and fly!