• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

Loved it Jerusha. Jaxom has a talent for making enemies without really trying. What mischief will he get into now? Hmm. I'm sure he is not getting off duty and going quietly to bed.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DesertRose

Quote from: DerynifanK on July 27, 2019, 08:01:05 PM
Loved it Jerusha. Jaxom has a talent for making enemies without really trying.

He does seem to annoy people just by his temperament and normal behavior, and he seems utterly oblivious to the fact that he's irritating the life out of pretty much everyone, which honestly probably aggravates everyone that much more.

An arrogant twit is the heir of Trillick.  :P
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

***Giggling****

That was delightful to read on a late Saterday night.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Quote from: DesertRose on July 27, 2019, 09:06:10 PM
Quote from: DerynifanK on July 27, 2019, 08:01:05 PM
Loved it Jerusha. Jaxom has a talent for making enemies without really trying.

He does seem to annoy people just by his temperament and normal behavior, and he seems utterly oblivious to the fact that he's irritating the life out of pretty much everyone, which honestly probably aggravates everyone that much more.

An arrogant twit is the heir of Trillick.  :P

Unfortunately so true. Wonder what kind of trouble that could land him in?
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

What great additions to the story, Jerusha and DFK! Thoroughly enjoyed them. Maybe Jaxom will tick off one of the Morgans and be killed of in a duel. I wouldn't miss his irritating little behind. I'm sure you can tell what I really meant when I said "tick off" and "behind." But he does contribute to the plot, so I'll have to put up with him as long as he's useful. Too bad he wasn't born in Meara so he could be irritating the other side of the conflict.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

revanne

:I'm  hoping that Iain will find a way to share this encounter with "that annoying Darcy"

Fabulous addition.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Nice scene, DerynifanK.  Now our comrades + one can set off down the road to the next adventure.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Good writing, DFK! Fiona is a lively lass and I'm kind of hoping she will be come one of the "Morgan women" as I think she would fit right in!
Judy Ward

Laurna

She is a lively lass, that is for sure.  I think at the moment, Wash is a little intimidated by her.  LOL

DerynifanK

But who knows what will happen as they ride to Valoret. I like the idea of Fiona and Wash as a couple at some point.

HoundMistress

Oh, nice, Laurna!! Yes, I think he is just a little intimidated by Fiona! Maybe he will get over that.
Judy Ward

Laurna

Jerusha, There is so much good stuff in this.

Quote"You are a cad and a coward!"  Sidana cried.
I have to love Sidana.

Quote"It seems I have introduced a thorn into your garden," Iain said.
Wonderfully accurate comment.

Quote"Duke Alaric was never concerned about such niceties.  He said he liked the way my nose wrinkled at the smell of hard labour."

"Then he was a most discerning man," Iain said.

"And totally unrepentant!" Richenda responded and laughed lightly.
Oh be-still my heart, you make me miss Alaric all over again.

Bynw

Yes it is sad about Alaric Morgan. But he would be the hero of the story and the other characters would all take a backseat as he drove the plot along if he was still with us in Ghosts of the Past.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

Quote from: Bynw on August 05, 2019, 12:56:39 PM
Yes it is sad about Alaric Morgan. But he would be the hero of the story and the other characters would all take a backseat as he drove the plot along if he was still with us in Ghosts of the Past.

Or worse still, from his perspective, he would be watching the young men riding off to war and wishing he was with them
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Very nice to know that Father Paulos is willing to dirty his hands in the fields. Oh dear.