• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:42:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

You have got Me and Wash worried about our missing Fiona.
Really good set up and writing Jerusha.  Darn right for Darcy to say the needs of the living are most important.  I laughed at the comment about the ducklings.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Laurna

I love Fiona's inner strength. She is no little garden flower to wilt when the sun does not shine. Nope, Fiona is a tree, holding her own even in a mighty wind.
We are with you Fiona. Or rather we will be just as soon as we can catch up.

HoundMistress

I like Fiona, too. I'm hoping maybe there is a future for her with Wash. What a great healing team they would make! Good work, DFK!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Jerusha

Nicely done, DFK.  I too like Fiona's inner strength.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

((Save test: 3d6, 6,5,2.==13 (do I put the total in?) She would not follow any more commands from him.)) (Not sure if this is right.)

To answer this question here. Most of the time with these rules you do not add the total of the dice. There are rare exceptions. But a Save Test is just like any other Test. It succeeds on a 5 or 6 on any die rolled. With the Resolute trait you get to roll 3 dice instead of 2. However if there is a Disadvantage on a Save Test even if you have Resolute it would still be only 1 die rolled.

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Then, i think you did it correctly. Fiona was at disadvantage when the spy first abducted her. Fiona rolled save test 1d6 results 3. Her second save test was at the end if the quarter hour and against a human, so 3d6 results 6,5,2  success. now he can no longer hold her by voice command.

Laurna

And we are in pursuit! let us hope we ride ever much faster than those we follow. Thank you, Jerusha for getting our team armed and on the road. I like it.

HoundMistress

Good writing, Jerusha! Glad to see the good guys set out but hope they can avoid Fyed's plans for Wash, whatever they are.  I don't think he necessarily plans evil TO Wash, as he previously has done positive things for him, like letting him have the piece of writing that Wash learned more about his healing power (and the blocking of Deryni powers he used on the bad guys.) I just fear what his purpose may be to others. I also don't think he is going to like finding out that whats-his-name is dead. I think Feyd had plans for that evil guy.
Judy Ward

Jerusha

Glad to have Fiona back with us.  Well done!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" Wash yells out at her pursuer.
OOPS ! Wait! Wrong Verse! Wrong fan base! LOL!  I just couldn't help myself.

Cheers! Fiona has saved herself and made her escape. She is returned unharmed. Good job DFK.

Laurna

I am glad that Arx Fidei will find its "accustomed peace"  I worry that no one else will for some time to come.

Thank you for that chapter, DerynifanK.

Jerusha

I can feel for Richenda to be so close to her son and have him gone again.  Hopefully, one day all will be well.

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

It's so good to have the game rocking along again. I really missed the characters while it was moving slowly. Good work, everyone!
Judy Ward

HoundMistress

Finally read the most recent  addition and can feel resolution coming. Hoping soon all will be restored to normal & all will be reunited, but I have a feeling Fyed still has something up his no doubt voluminous sleeves.
Judy Ward

revanne

Great writing everyone. Sorry that Columcil is having to bow out but he will be routing for you all from the sidelines.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)