• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:50:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Is it really wrong of me?

Started by AnnieUK, June 02, 2010, 03:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieUK

That even before the cameras start to roll I'm wondering about merchandising?  I'd love to be able to buy a replica Camber medal. Some of the replica jewellery that was made for the Lord of the Rings films was really nice,  and while I think the signet rings etc. would be a bit OTT for me a Camber medal would be cool.  Anyone up for wearing the Eye of Rom in one ear?

AnnieUK

Realised the flaw in my plan.  We don't see the Camber medal till Checkmate, do we?  Drat!

Milo

believe that there were some "deryni coins" made a few years ago -- They were such that they could have been made into a pendant.

BalanceTheEnergies

I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm the sure The Noble Collection would love to do a line. Wouldn't Morgan's myriad fans want to wear his signet ring? (I know I would.) And as for when items appear, I don't see that as a problem, merely as a scheduling guide for producing new items in the line—there could be specific tie-ins for every movie release. Start with Morgan's signet, the Eye of Rom, and the Lion Brooch, then progressing with the series to the Camber medal, Maryse's shiral pendant, Duncan's locket brooch, Istelyn's/Duncan's episcopal ring, Kelson's wedding rings and the betrothal ring he gave his Haldane queen, and so on. And don't forget the weapons!
Dubito ergo sum

Evie

If we're doing merchandising for the Childe Morgan series, I'll take the Furstana emeralds....   :D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

the Bee

How about Handfire?  Something like a flat, disc-shaped flashlight, attached to a finger-ring to hold it in place on the palm.  Changeable colored glass or plastic click-on lids to provide different colors. 

tenworld

miniature holographic projector to simulate hand fire.  with option to select personal color

tenworld

"Realised the flaw in my plan.  We don't see the Camber medal till Checkmate, do we?  Drat!"

not a flaw - they existed for 200 years, just didnt read about one until DC

like ensign Chekov and ST Wrath of Khan.  He wasnt in the original episode, probably on a wodka break

Gyrfalcon64207

And the St. Camber seal is in Deryni Rising, in the floor of the cathedral.  Medals would be a more portable version of that sort of thing anyway, right?

derynifanatic64

How about an earring(s) called "The Eye of Rom"?  Or the wands of the Coadjutors of the Camberian Council?
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Gyrfalcon64207

For the second earring to make a pair of them, they could do one eye of Rom, and one twisted wire earring like the ones given to the heirs of the Haldane potential.

thistlethorne

I actually have a Saint Camber medal and have had it for years.  I can take photos of it and post, if someone would kindly tell me how.  Or I can just e-mail to someone who can do it quickly.
I believe cats to be spirit come to earth.
 A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud
   without coming through.
                   --Jules Verne

Alkari

Quote from: Gyrfalcon64207 on August 15, 2010, 01:57:52 AM
For the second earring to make a pair of them, they could do one eye of Rom, and one twisted wire earring like the ones given to the heirs of the Haldane potential.
But if you were going to wear the Eye of Rom, perhaps you need to start a 'one earring' trend  :D

Curlytop

How about a replica of the dower coin given to Daniel Draper when grandson Nicholas aka Benedict aka Cinhil was accepted into the monastery.

tenworld

Quote from: the Bee on July 11, 2010, 07:23:41 PM
How about Handfire?  Something like a flat, disc-shaped flashlight, attached to a finger-ring to hold it in place on the palm.  Changeable colored glass or plastic click-on lids to provide different colors. 

Oh ya.  I just paid 20$ for something like that as a souvenir for my granddaughter from Disney on Ice.  probably cost all of 3cents to make in thailand andhas a life expactancy as a 3 year toy of a fortnight.