• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 10:57:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoundMistress

Thanks, Laurna for the new piece to the story. I'm both excited and a little sad that I think we are getting near the end of the game. Love  that piece you added and that Wash has got the ruby back. I'm sure the great sword is not far away.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Bynw

The sword was recovered earlier in Rhemuth with the rubies missing of course.

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

I have been reading back through to figure out the history of the sword and the ruby. Hear are some of the facts I had to remind myself of. The long sword had three rubies, two thumb sized rubies on each side of the cross hilt and one egg sized cabochon ruby in the pummel. Back on page 16 post 227, Wash had been captured and his weapons confiscated in the forest of Droghera when he and Darcy were attacked with Meresha covered arrows. Through pages 16,17, and 18 he retrieved his short sword and dagger, but one man had ridden off with his long sword, Wash didn't know who that was.  On page 33, post 487, Earl Brendan finds the sword hidden under the stairs at the White Rose Inn. They discover this is where Feyd stayed. All three rubies were gone. Brendan presented the long sword to Kelson. To my knowledge either Kelson or Richenda still have the long sword in their possession in Rhemuth. Somewhere, we learn that Feyd has the Ruby and considers it payment for keeping Oswald away from Aliset, permanently.
What I have not been able to find is if Brendan told Darcy about the sword. However, Darcy, Columcil and Aliset left Rhemuth the day after the sword was found. They should have heard rumors about it. So they should know. I  don't recall if Washburn's friends ever telling him about the whereabouts of the long sword in the time since he escaped from Valerian. They might not have  mentioned it to keep from upsetting him.
If anyone knows other than that, please remind me of it. Thanks.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

I don't remember the sword having been mentioned to Darcy before he, Columcil and Aliset (in disguise) left to find the fortress.  I also don't think there was any direct contact between Brendan and Darcy at that time for it to be mentioned.  They would remember that it had been lost, but I don't believe they would know that it had been found. 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

I totally forgot they found the sword under the basement stairs!
Judy Ward

HoundMistress

Nice piece, Jerusha! I can't resist saying all that's lacking is Washburn mumbling under his breath, "My Precious." but probably there's some magical reward for finding the ruby.  I'm sure there is more waiting to happen. I'm so glad when I see the notice in my email that there is another piece out there.
Judy Ward

Bynw

Quote from: HoundMistress on March 24, 2020, 01:30:27 PM
Nice piece, Jerusha! I can't resist saying all that's lacking is Washburn mumbling under his breath, "My Precious." but probably there's some magical reward for finding the ruby.  I'm sure there is more waiting to happen. I'm so glad when I see the notice in my email that there is another piece out there.

LOL that's awesome. We will have to wait and see what happens. And I too like getting that email alert telling me there is a new post.

Laurna

Quote from: HoundMistress on March 24, 2020, 01:30:27 PM

Judy You are very intuitive about that gem. There is something in what you say that is very close to the description our game master gave us about the stone.
That means Jerusha did a very good job. LOL

I need to write the next scene. It may not get here until the weekend.  Work is a bit tense right now which makes it hard to concentrate on anything else.

HoundMistress

I'm certainly looking forward to hearing more on that theme, but have thoroughly enjoyed DFK's pieces & and how the conflict is moving along. We all have challenges at work right now, or at home, if not working. I'll eagerly await the coming additions.
Judy Ward

Jerusha

Nicely done, DerynifanK. Let us hope the attack on Ratharkin is a rousing success!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

DFK you have been a busy writer!! Fine additions to the plot!! Sounds like everything is coming together soon. It's been a great game and the writing has been fantastic, all Gamers!
Judy Ward

Jerusha

Nicely done, DerynifanK.  I like the plan of attack.

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

The rebels will lose. The city retaken by Haldane forces and the rebels will surrender. Some may die fighting for the lost dream of a free state but most will switch back when it gets rough. The King wins!

Laurna

Ladies, I love all the enthusiasm writing the retaking of Ratherkin. You do our game honor by making this all work and come to  head. I can not wait to see how this turns out. I am looking forward to some great feats between Iain, Jaxom, and Michael to turn  the battle to the king's favor. :D

Jerusha

Our companions will be sorely distressed that Father Columcil is not rejoining them yet.  Nicely done, Laurna.

-- Old English Litany