• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:07:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoundMistress

I do hope Duncan is alright and is only overcome by the heat and emotion. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what will happen and if Wash will get to his mother before the bad guys can snatch the girl away.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Bynw

it's so good to be on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next ....
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

Oh dear, I do hope Archbishop Duncan will be alright!  Beautiful scene, Laurna.

The edge of my seat is becoming rather threadbare. 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Great little scene. And the tension builds. I would suggest a chair with more padding on the edges to survive the excitement.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

could "Baron Stuart" get into a fight with the Earl of Marley? We shall see ...
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

I really hope not. Betting on Darcy and Aliset to keep them apart. We have enough problems to deal with. After all  Feyd's minions are still lurking.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Nice piece of the picture, Jerusha! Everyone is writing so well!! Please keep them coming.
Judy Ward

Laurna

QuoteWhat the blazes had he done with his hair?
QuoteBrendan raised one red eyebrow, and Darcy suddenly realized the earl have overlooked that small detail in his disguise.

Both of these lines gave me the giggles. In such moments of tension, I love the humor.
Good writing, Jerusha.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

I really like this scene Laurna. But you might want to fix one word near the end. Wash forgot his "manners' not his manors. Just to let everyone know, I have added "escape artist" to Fiona's traits. I have a feeling she is going to need it.

DesertRose

At this rate, I think Darcy is the only member of the party (except possibly Fiona?) not to realize that Aliset is pregnant.

Dude.  Get.  A.  Clue.  ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

This is Darcy!  How many pregnant women (not including ladies of the night) would he have met at sea?  ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Quote from: Jerusha on February 01, 2020, 07:03:42 PM
This is Darcy!  How many pregnant women (not including ladies of the night) would he have met at sea?  ;)

True.  I'm just having fun laughing at his innocence (on this matter, at least).  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

Just don't laugh at his "innocence" where he might see you. Darcy seems to me to be an all around nice guy, but he is still a seaman, and I would not want to be the one to give him an insult. I am worried enough just now that he may have seen "Baron Stuart" joyously swinging his WIFE around in a circle.  In medieval times that would be cause enough for a challenge to a fight. I just hope he knows that Wash thinks of Aliset like a sister. LOL

DerynifanK I think your choice of "Escape Artest" just might come in very handy. Feyd's spies always seem to be so single-minded on their tasks and nothing else. I hope you don't need that trait, but I am glad that you have it in your arsenal.

May your horses have wings and fly!

HoundMistress

Oh, Laurna! That's a good piece! Glad that Aliset's little secret is coming out at last. I am anxious about what that sneaky assassin is up to, though.
Judy Ward

HoundMistress

I know they just Fiona to lead there others where they want them but am worried about this person who contracted with the assassins order.  What is that sneaky Feyd up to now! I know it's something to do with Wash, but what!? It's certainly keeping me in suspense! This would make a great TV show or movie!
Judy Ward