• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 74
Total: 74
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Comment on the Two Kingdoms fanfic

Started by revanne, January 17, 2017, 12:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Really enjoyed this beginning. Well enjoyed is hardly the word, but atmospheric and intriguing. I would love for there to be more.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

I tried to create a discussion topic link at the top of the story to link back to this comments thread, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have worked, even though I followed the directions in my own tutorial.  Smacking the Fanfics System feature with a virtual mackerel in hopes that will help.  Maybe there's just some sort of an update delay and the new link will be visible eventually.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DoctorM

I must ask someone at the forum. I went through my files today but couldn't find my old Deryni Archives copies with my story "Season of the Sword" in them. So I am hoping all issues will be put on line! Or that someone can scan that story and email me the pdf. Is there a particular forum topic area you'd recommend as the place where I might best ask? Many thanks!

Laurna

Hello Doctor M.
I looked in the Deryni Archives web pages   found at http://www.airsid.net/C/75.htm  I found the story Season of the Sword part 1 is in issue 7, and Season of the Sword part 2 is in issue 8.  I don't remember if I had read these a few years ago or not.  I will have to look them up and read them again-or for the first time. Wonderful to hear you were the writer.
Because the story was in a published fan magazine, is the author allowed to put it up on the forum? It would be wonderful if you could do so.  I don't know what agreements were made for the fan Magazine. Or do we have to wait for the whole set of fan magazines to be digitized and put up maybe as a purchasable PDF?
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on September 21, 2019, 09:54:55 PM
Hello Doctor M.
I looked in the Deryni Archives web pages   found at http://www.airsid.net/C/75.htm  I found the story Season of the Sword part 1 is in issue 7, and Season of the Sword part 2 is in issue 8.  I don't remember if I had read these a few years ago or not.  I will have to look them up and read them again-or for the first time. Wonderful to hear you were the writer.
Because the story was in a published fan magazine, is the author allowed to put it up on the forum? It would be wonderful if you could do so.  I don't know what agreements were made for the fan Magazine. Or do we have to wait for the whole set of fan magazines to be digitized and put up maybe as a purchasable PDF?

I know that @Bynw and @Marilyn were in discussion as Marilyn has hard copies of issues 1-14 of the fan zine, and I think she was going to ship them to him so that he could digitize them.

As to other zine conversations, we'd have to ask @JulianneTK because she was the editor-in-chief, so to speak, and the last I knew, the last set of submissions she had that she had intended to publish as another issue are stuck on a hard drive of a computer that is not being cooperative.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DoctorM

I'd love to post it! If I can get a copy (and I will go through the boxes I've accumulated over a lifetime of moving around!) I'll do a bit of editing and see about posting. I'll have to puzzle out if there are any copyright issues. I have a feeling that back thirty-odd years ago, no one was thinking about such things in fandom. 

Quote from: Laurna on September 21, 2019, 09:54:55 PM
Hello Doctor M.

JulianneTK

Julianne here---Evie thank you for mentioning my name so that I got notified...  As far as I recall, rights revert to author upon publication.

I still have copies of the zines for sale.... even though it seems to take me forever to get them to the post office...

DoctorM

I did go through a couple of storage boxes early this morning. Among all sorts of memorabilia from the Long Ago, I did find the two issues of Deryni Archives with 'Season of the Sword' in them. I think I will type up the story as a corrected manuscript and save it to a flash drive. I'm obsessive about correcting my grammar or spelling (I type with 1.5 fingers), and there are probably things I'd tighten up or word differently. I'll have the text in case it's deemed okay to post it...thirty-odd years after the first appearance.

DoctorM

I just went through my Two Kingdoms stories and numbered them in reading order, just in case the timeline is awkward or I managed to confuse anyone about what comes after what. Please do let me know what you think of the order of things.

revanne

Thank you. Because of my current concentration issues I had got lost and I really appreciate a means of catching up with what is such a fascinating alternative history.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DoctorM

Quote from: revanne on March 25, 2023, 05:27:21 PMThank you. Because of my current concentration issues I had got lost and I really appreciate a means of catching up with what is such a fascinating alternative history.

Glad if I can be of help, Revanne. I'll try to keep the timeline fairly straightforward.

And thank you for liking these episodes.