• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:46:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,481
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoundMistress

Really good piece, DFK! I'm glad to see the last of Valerian, too. But really, "...light breakfast provided by the MacDonald's staff..."? Lou likes their Big Breakfast with Hotcakes.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Laurna

Quote from: judywward on November 08, 2019, 11:54:52 PM
Really good piece, DFK! I'm glad to see the last of Valerian, too. But really, "...light breakfast provided by the MacDonald's staff..."? Lou likes their Big Breakfast with Hotcakes.

HAHAHA! You must know that I have read DFK's scene at least 8 times over the last week, and I did NOT catch that! I am going to be giggling all night long over that. LOL
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Tehehehe. I wrote it Judy and I didn't catch it either. He might have preferred the "Big Breakfast" too. Of course he didn't know it would be his last. I'm chuckling too.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Nice piece, Jerusha! I'm betting Darcy won't figure it out till she tells him.
Judy Ward

revanne

Poor Darcy. I doubt he's ever had occasion to learn what is causing Aliser's mood swings- he was only 10 when he was sent to sea.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Lovely scene, Laurna!  I enjoyed every bit of it.  Changing Washburn into Baron Stuart was a touch of inspiration.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Lovely bit of writing, that! I'm so enjoying the story picking up again.
Judy Ward

DerynifanK

I love it, always such fun to see what our heroes are up to. Haha, so now Wash is older than Columcil. It will be fun watching Wash behave like an older and respected baron.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

Let us hope that Lord Peacock has learned some wisdom from Earl Brendan.  (Fingers crossed.)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

I think he has, a little, judging from his performance in the portal room when the baron appeared. Hope it sticks

Laurna

I love that Brendan learned that is son is doing his best in the efforts to help his brother. Though I am sure that it increases his anxiety that now his son is at the war front. I feel for Brendan.
As for Jaxom, haha, I am still out of the limb about his improved wisdom. LOL
May your horses have wings and fly!

HoundMistress

Ah, the story advances! I mean, the game! DFK, you have a neat turn of pen! Will Jaxom screw his opportunity up? Will the train run over Pauline? Oh, no, wrong genre. I hope Jaxom has grown up some under Brendan's example.
Judy Ward

DerynifanK

He has shown some signs of increased maturity and of following Brendan's example. Let's hope his progress continues but not sure yet.

revanne

Great addition DfK - setting us up nicely for something interesting at the funeral?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Nice scene, DerynifanK.  I had also forgotten about Brendan's disguise!

-- Old English Litany