• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:35:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 113
Total: 113

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy birthday, Laurna!

Started by DesertRose, November 17, 2014, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Evie

Happy birthday, Laurna!  Alaric says that while a Haldane crimson and gold ballgown would of course be lovely, he would like to suggest the Morgan colors for you instead.  So here is a Victorian ballgown in the Morgan colors:

Nothing like a little behind-the-scene friendly rivalry influencing your ballroom wardrobe options, is there?   ;)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

DesertRose

And of course, having run off at the mouth about a beautiful Haldane crimson dress with gold embroidery, it took me half forever to find the [expletive deleted] gown.

But!

Ta-da!

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

MidnightBlue

Happy Birthday!

Party like it's [insert favorite Deryni year here]!

;D

Laurna

Good Morning, Ladies and Gents!

Oh, I want to get all dressed up and Party! I can wear the Corwyn gown for afternoon tea-luncheon and then change into the Haldane gown for a Rhuemuth court ball.  Sounds like a dream day to me. If we are in Gwynedd modern times. Do you think one of you fine ladies could obtain Morgan Haldane's Name for my dance card. Perhaps for nice long Waltz. (heart bounding)  ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

His Grace has happily scratched Duchess Oksana from his dance card and has added your name.  (He now owes you one.   ;D)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Shiral

You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Laurna

Wonderful Jerusha, It is i who owe you one.  ;)  Don't worry, I will suggest he save a slow dance for you my lady.
Thank you, Shiral, I am having a good day.

HoundMistress

Whoever's ball gown you chose,  hope you will wear it happily on your birthday!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

DerynifanK

Happy birthday  Laurna. Hope it was a lovely day
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

I had a good day, thank you, Judywward and Derynifank!

Demercia

Belated happy day.  I loved your gowns
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Laurna

Hello Demercia, thank you for the  happy day wishes.

Since a Victorian lady changed 3 to 5 times a day, I have no trouble warring both gowns on the same day. but due to the underpinnings being so very different for both gowns above, I will definitely need a  dressing maid. LOL. Oh and I need to reverse the order of wearing. the Higher necked gown for the daytime tea and the off the shoulder short sleeve for the evening ball.
All smiles.  Who wants to join me.

Jerusha

Count me in!  (A nice gown in the black and gold of Tehryn will work quite nicely.)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

MidnightBlue

I just don't think I could pull off the gown look myself.  No one really wants to see me try.

:D