• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:27:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Oh my, Laurna!   What a wonderful addition to our story.  Somehow I don't think Jaxom will get the reaction he expects from Earl Brendan.   ;) 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

I read the 4 or is it 5, new pieces today and they are marvelous additions to the story/game! So glad to have a significant amount of reading this morning! You all are such good writers!!  Looking forward to more!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Bynw

If you want to get the details rules for Tiny Dungeon on which our game is based you can do so cheaply (but I dont know for  how long) at https://bundleofholding.com/presents/TinyDungeon
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

DerynifanK, I really love your chapter. First off, Lord Jaxom has become independent of his father's men-at-arms. He can no longer rely upon them. He still has his dutiful squire, he has to keep up his good appearances after all, but from here on out he wins or loses on his own merit. I like that.
I also thank you for your good handling of the Jaxom giving over the ring to Brendan and of Brendan's scrying for Wash. I liked that. Well done.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Excellent, DerynifanK.  Liked this a lot!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Jerusha

Laurna, what a wonderful scene!  Washburn is balancing on the edge of what is to happen next.  I'm anxious to see what that is.

And thank you for Darcy hitting the target!   ;D

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Laurna, I loved the part where Wash severed the line holding the flag with his arrow, then pictured doing that to the halyard holding a ship's sail causing it to go dead in the water. You have an amazing imagination. I would never have thought of that. Altogether a great scene.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Love it, Laurna! Such imagination!
Judy Ward

Laurna

;D  Well ... Wash didn't say how big the boat was nor how far away it was, nor even if the water was calm. Nevertheless he did manage that feat in his early knighthood to stop a small smuggeling vessel from escaping Coroth harbor. A show of his Marksmanship and Telekanisis abilities in one motion. Just something for fun to brag about.  ;)

revanne

Loved your installment Laurna. I did just wonder though whether Aliset and Fiona might be teaching the women some basic self defence, with kitchen knives and daggers perhaps?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Very possibly, Revanne. I would think Aliset and Fiona may be talking to the other ladies about awareness of their surroundings and noticing of minor changes in peoples' characters to identify trouble before it happens. Both women have had that experience in their early lives. Women can be very astute and notice this far better than men can. Perhaps they are telling the other women how to identify these changes and where to seek help from. I can see this talk turning into quick hand blocking and escape practices with some dagger practice as well. Evie or DFK? Interesting actions to play with.

Laurna

Oh I so love a good plot! Good one, Jerusha! And I laughed at Darcy stretching out Iain's tunic. LOL

HoundMistress

You are all on a roll (no pun intended) with the story! Oh, sorry, game.  Love these recent additions! I also love a good plot! What can Feyd be up to?

PS:2nd eye surgery today, so far so good. Except it took me twice as long to read the new piece as usual.
Judy Ward

DerynifanK

Glad the second eye surgery went well Judy. Hope recovery is uneventful and you will be reading at warp speed, should you want to do that.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

DerynifanK

Many thanks to Laurna. Without her help and input this scene would not have turned out as well as it did.