• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 71
Total: 71
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 08:47:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

May Miss Chat on 8 December 2019

Started by DesertRose, December 07, 2019, 09:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

I may miss chat tomorrow, as my friend's orchestra is giving their winter concert.

For anyone who's curious, here's the orchestra's website:  https://civicorchestrajax.org/

The program for tomorrow is:

Rocket Sleigh - Delvyn Case
Les Patineurs (The Skaters) –  Emile Waldteufel
Selections from the Nutcracker – Peter Tchaikovsky
Finale from Symphony No. 5, op. 82 –  Jean Sibelius

And the concert is free to attend, as are all their performances, but they're asking for donations of nonperishable food for a charitable organization called Feeding Northeast Florida (website here: https://www.feedingnefl.org/ ).

And it's an excuse to dress up, of which I don't get many but it's something I enjoy doing from time to time.

So have a good chat!  I may come in late, depending on timing of the concert's end.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.  Enjoy the concert.

I too will be enjoying live music this Sunday afternoon. I am going to the Celtic Christmas, played by the Blandford Memorial Pipe Band.  A family member will be playing the snare drum. Should be fun.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance