• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:38:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy birthday, Laurna!

Started by DesertRose, November 17, 2014, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Jerusha, I will be happy to lend you my black and gold gown.

We will wow the Morgans, you and I.

MidnightBlue, I think a black tailed-tux with a midnight blue cumber-bun can be obtained for you; I have friends. But if you prefer a highland plaid or tunic, that can be arranged too.  I love having my friends at the ball. Lots of people to gossip and joke with.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

What a beautiful gown, Laurna!  I shall be very careful as I wear it.

Duke Alaric is a skilled dance partner, so I am sure we won't need to worry about him stepping on the hem.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Count me in.
Maybe just a hint of tartan in honour of St Andrew's day and my sadly non-existent Scottish blood.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Birthday wishes for you to wake up to, my lady. Have a wonderful day.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Bynw

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

Have a very happy birthday, Laurna!  Darcy sends his wishes for a wonderful year!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Demercia

The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Laurna

Thank you, everyone!
Did some hair style testing for next week.  That was fun. Next to fix up more flower bouquets for next week. Then maybe dinner tonight. Mexican food.

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

LOL!   The cupcakes are so cute. I'm happy to pass those around for everyone to have one. 

Thank you DR>

Jerusha

Happy, happy birthday, Laurna!

Washburn managed to wheedle the last meat pie from a travelling vendor as they left for Valoret, and Darcy, of course, had secreted a wineskin in his sea bag with a surprisingly fine wine.  Aliset and Fiona managed to find some tarts to complete your birthday feast.  Father Columcil, of course, will be saying the blessing. 

Enjoy your day!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Happy birthday, @Laurna !

(Closest cake design I could find to a Cavalier King Charles spaniel, and I'm not sure what the "ribbon" says.  That looks like Polish or a related language, which I don't speak or read, but at a guess, it's a Best In Show ribbon.)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Bynw

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Both I and Wash will be quite happy with our blessed morning feast of meat pie, tarts, and fine wine. The cake to be had after is just too cute. Feast all around for everyone.
I will miss chat today, for I am off to a friends house this afternoon. So please have a good chat that I can read later.
Thank you, love you all.
Laurna

DerynifanK

Happy, happy birthday Laurna. Hope you have a wonderful day with your friends. I have to tell you how much I have enjoyed writing with you(and Jerusha) in the game. You have always been willing to help the newcomer and I have learned a lot from you. You have a terrific imagination and I love the bits you add to my scenes. So enjoy your meat pie, tarts, and wine now and your celebration later. We will definitely raise a glass to you in chat.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance