• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 100
Total: 100
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered--Chapter Eight

Started by Evie, June 12, 2011, 02:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkari

Quote from: Elkhound on June 13, 2011, 09:32:53 PM
Sextus in a monastic establishment?  What did the abbot ever do to you?

ROFL.  As yet, it seems dear Uncle Denis hasn't got around to setting a spell in a monastery for 'prayer and fasting' as "penance" for his nephew, though I bet such a thought has ooccasionally crossed his mind.  And then he hastily reflects that he doesn't hate any of 'his' abbots quite enough to inflict Sextus upon them ... and goes back to praying for divine guidance (and patience) once more  :D

Elkhound

Quote from: Alkari on June 14, 2011, 03:41:37 AM

ROFL.  As yet, it seems dear Uncle Denis hasn't got around to setting a spell in a monastery for 'prayer and fasting' as "penance" for his nephew, though I bet such a thought has ooccasionally crossed his mind.  And then he hastily reflects that he doesn't hate any of 'his' abbots quite enough to inflict Sextus upon them ... and goes back to praying for divine guidance (and patience) once more  :D

Perhaps Uncle Denis has come to the conclusion that Sextus was sent by God to teach him patience?  "Oh Lord, grant me patience. . . SOON!"

Evie

Quote from: Elkhound on June 14, 2011, 11:19:20 AM

Perhaps Uncle Denis has come to the conclusion that Sextus was sent by God to teach him patience?  "Oh Lord, grant me patience. . . SOON!"

"You keep asking Me for patience, and I keep sending Sextus back to you.  When are you ever going to make the connection, son?"
                            --God
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Elkhound

Elkhound

There was an old comic strip I saw where a teenage girl was going to look after a neighbor's toddler for the afternoon, and the toddler's mother said, "Katie has been a naughty girl, so for her punishment she can't watch any TV or videos this afternoon."  The sitter said, "HER punishment?! HER punishment!?"

I can imagine Denis saying, "Now, what shall I do about Abbot X?  Such a haughty, overbearing, insufferable type--he really needs to be taught some humity and patience.  Well, something will come to me.  What next?  Oh, Sextus; what' he been up to now?  Oh.  Oh!  OH!  We can't let that slide, now, can we?  What to do?  Hmmm. . . .I see how I can address BOTH problems!"