• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

DoctorM

May 04, 2024, 10:46:45 AM
Happy Star Wars Day, one and all!
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,592
  • Total Topics: 2,739
  • Online today: 83
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 79
Total: 80
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:29:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

prince William insignia

Started by tenworld, May 03, 2011, 12:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenworld

Quote from: Alkari on December 07, 2011, 08:35:19 PM
Of course Elkhound, we Aussies should really be very greatful to your forebears.   :D

After all, if it wasn't for the American Revolution, the Brits wouldn't have needed to find another place to send their convicts, and the First Fleet would not have set sail.  Australia would then have been settled by the French - we'd probably have great food but undoubtedly more chaotic government!  

pate de roo gras?

Evie

Quote from: tenworld on December 08, 2011, 07:18:55 PM
Quote from: Alkari on December 07, 2011, 08:35:19 PM
Of course Elkhound, we Aussies should really be very greatful to your forebears.   :D

After all, if it wasn't for the American Revolution, the Brits wouldn't have needed to find another place to send their convicts, and the First Fleet would not have set sail.  Australia would then have been settled by the French - we'd probably have great food but undoubtedly more chaotic government!  

pate de roo gras?

I dunno, tenworld, I would imagine roos would take a great deal of time (not to mention costly feed) to fatten up just to use their livers.  That would be an awful waste unless one decides to use the rest of the meat as well.  Though I've heard kangaroo meat is rather tasty....

Roo Cordon Bleu, perhaps?  It has a certain je ne sais quoi to it.   :D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Alkari

QuoteHey, if you want to kowtow to these inbred parasites, go right ahead.

The idea that the right to leadership should be based on bloodlines rather than either merit or the will of the people is to me--as a descentant of Revolutionary War patriots--repugnant, but to each his own.

Elkhound I'm very sorry, but I find that post to be extremely insulting to the democratic constitutional monarchies around the world.   Not just those in the Comonwealth, like the UK itself, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc, but also countries like the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco, Spain, Sweden, Denmark and Norway (plus others).  

None of us "kow tow" to our royal families as you so rudely and disparagingly put it, and there is more than one form of perfectly workable democracy other than the US system.  

If you wish to be a "Son of the Revolution" that's just fine, but please at least outwardly show some respect for other systems and other people.  

The End.

Alkari

QuoteI dunno, tenworld, I would imagine roos would take a great deal of time (not to mention costly feed) to fatten up just to use their livers.  That would be an awful waste unless one decides to use the rest of the meat as well.  Though I've heard kangaroo meat is rather tasty....

Roo Cordon Bleu, perhaps?  It has a certain je ne sais quoi to it.

Kangaroo meat is very tasty and is extremely good for you (especially if you are trying to lose weight!) - it is very lean (only 1-2% fat), and has a high iron content.  Being totally free range and organic, it doesn't have any antibiotics or other nasties that you may get in heavily farmed meat.    In fact, many people think we should be eating more roo meat rather than beef or lamb, as roos are overall better for our environment: they don't emit any methan gas, for example, and don't have hooves that can erode often fragile semi-desert areas.   You have to be careful cooking the meat because of its low fat content, as it doesn't have 'marbling' and so can dry out easily.  

So leave the idea of foie gras, and have roo steaks, sausages and Kangaroo Tail Soup instead!   :)

DesertRose

I am locking this thread, but if you want to take the roo discussion elsewhere, since people are generally behaving decently in that particular line of discussion, please feel free.

~~DesertRose
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)