• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,570
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 219
Total: 221
JudithR
Laurna
Facebook External hit (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 11:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Two Kingdoms 41: Ghosts

Started by DoctorM, September 23, 2023, 10:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

That may be true but if you employ mercenaries then you are responsible for their actions and the damage they cause. At least that's how I feel about it.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

tmcd

As well, I doubt the surviving residents of Rhemuth the Used To Be Beautiful care overmuch about whether they were hirelings versus vassals. For example, England towards the end of the Stephen-Matilda Anarchy hated Stephen's Flemish mercenaries.

As to whether the residents hate Haldanes and Festils equally, I wonder.

DoctorM

Quote from: tmcd on October 04, 2023, 11:46:11 PMAs well, I doubt the surviving residents of Rhemuth the Used To Be Beautiful care overmuch about whether they were hirelings versus vassals. For example, England towards the end of the Stephen-Matilda Anarchy hated Stephen's Flemish mercenaries.

As to whether the residents hate Haldanes and Festils equally, I wonder.

Good question. Once war comes, the ordinary townsmen and peasants end up being seen as prey by all sides. And the wars of King Stephen's reign are a good comparison.

DoctorM

Quote from: DerynifanK on October 04, 2023, 09:58:57 PMThat may be true but if you employ mercenaries then you are responsible for their actions and the damage they cause. At least that's how I feel about it.

Yes, agreed!