• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

revanne

Today at 07:49:27 AM
Congrartulations Marc
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,626
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 526
Total: 526
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 04:17:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

KK Chat -- 4 June 2023

Started by Bynw, June 04, 2023, 07:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[18:17] * KK (49ab39c5@CCN-FD80E4E6.hsd1.va.comcast.net) has joined #deryni_destinations
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Heya KK
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Hello KK
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Hello Katherine
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> A lot of the children in this school come from low income families.
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> So glad you can join us today
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi KK
[18:18] <The_Bee> Hi KK
[18:18] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hi KK
[18:19] <KK> Hello, all. Sorry I'm late.
[18:19] <The_Bee> Glad you're here now.
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> You are perfect timing
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> My kind of late
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> We're just glad you're here
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> It's okay, we have some virtual tea and strawberry shortcake for you
[18:19] <KK> How is everyone?
[18:19] <The_Bee> pretty good
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Pretty not-so-bad. 🙂
[18:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Doing okay
[18:20] <KK> Tea and strawberries--yum!
[18:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Doing fine
[18:20] <The_Bee> What was your afternoon event, KK?
[18:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> The first full moon of June is the strawberry moon. I thought the occasion warranted some strawberry shortcake!
[18:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> great idea
[18:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> https://tenor.com/view/laughing-strawberry-shortcake-gif-21000735
[18:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> But then there's no BAD time for strawberry shortcake!
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> My mom wanted a new dog after she saw my new puppy,  so two weeks ago we found this cute male shih tzu puppy,  only he got sick on the new food we gave him (Vet said never give puppies the brand name Blue)  So I took him in for a few days to give him his medicine.  The two puppies had a great time playing together.  Beau went back to mom's home yesterday.
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/479836521864888347/1115057964512972830/image.png
[18:22] <KK> My friend whose husband is dying from Parkinson's invited me down to Salem for enchiladas made by her visiting sister-in-law.  Yummy, and good conversation and food ensued. I just got home.
␃01[18:22] <~bynw> hi KK
[18:23] <The_Bee> I'm glad you could be there for your friend.
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Wonderful that you got together with friends.
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I just had enchiladas yesterday
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> I finished up some left-over Chinese food for lunch
[18:24] <The_Bee> I just finished a great big Whoopie Pie.  YUM!
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> The town of Salem is not well known for its enchiladas, at least not by reputation here in the west coast
[18:25] <KK> I'd been hearing about this lady for several weeks.  Sh came Wednesday and goes home tomorrow.  But she got a good visit with her brother, and a chance to say goodbye.  He's declining rapidly.
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Sorry to hear that
[18:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> 😦
[18:26] <KK> enchiladas were New Mexico style, and delicious.
[18:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Yumm
[18:27] <KK> Enchiladas were served with a poached egg on top. Lovely addition.
[18:27] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Ahah, green chiles?
[18:27] <KK> I think so.  She lived there for a few years, and now lives in Dallas.
[18:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> I have one Mexican restaurant that makes the best enchilades and another one that makes the best barritos.  but I never swap my order.
[18:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> I have attempted to cook Enchilades myself but without success
[18:32] <KK> Got news just as we were leaving Salem about the plane crash SW of DC.  It's sounding like the pilot may have had a medical emergency. They were talking about Staunton, but I believe the crash site is farther east, in the Blue Ridge mountains.   
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> OH NO
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Oh, awful! 😦
[18:32] <The_Bee> Yikes!
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Are you back in Staunton?
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Wow!
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> On the news tonight they said the pilot was passed out probablt from hypoxia but not enough known yet
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> 😦
[18:34] <KK> First thought, of course, was that it was a 911-type attack--and 4 fighters were dispatched to intercept--sonic booms startle the heck out of Washingtonians.
[18:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> On the news tonight they said the pilot was passed out probably from hypoxia but not enough known yet
[18:34] <The_Bee> any survivors?
[18:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Yeah, I'll bet!  😦
[18:35] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> i think the pilot was alone on the plane
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> IT says the 4 fighter jets tried to make contact but got no response,  there had been 4 people on board the crashed plane
[18:36] <KK> Couldn't get any news on the way back from Salem, but I gather there may have been 3-4 passengers. Unfortunate. But glad it wasn't a terrorist attack.
[18:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Yes, I'm glad that wasn't the problem, too
[18:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Bynw  You made it home safe, YES?
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Hi Everyone
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> @Bynw so how was yor florida visit
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I think I saw a message somewhere above that he arrived at some stupid early hour of the morning.
[18:39] <The_Bee> Hi Jerusha
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hi Jerusha
[18:39] <KK> Bynw, did you get to visit Desert Rose in Jacksonville?
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Hi Jerusha
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> @Bynw so how was your florida visit?
␃01[18:39] <~bynw> yes made it home safe
␃06[18:39] * CambersGhost [discord] <Jerusha2> waves
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi Jerusha
[18:39] <Laurna> Hello Jerusha
␃01[18:40] <~bynw> yes we got together with DR of course
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Nice!
[18:40] <Laurna> NICE  love that
[18:40] <KK> Excellent.
␃01[18:40] <~bynw> exhausting and fun
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I'll be on vacation this upcoming weekend. Can't wait!
[18:41] <Laurna> Anyone comes to So Cal,  I would love to met up with them anywhere they like
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Good for you, Evie
[18:41] <The_Bee> Any plans, Evie?
[18:42] <KK> Evie, where are you going, or is it a staycation?
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> We're going to an SCA event in KY over the weekend, stopping in Chattanooga, TN along the way to see Ruby Falls, Rock City, and the Incline. Then on Sunday, we'll head to Asheville, NC to see Biltmore House before traveling on to Helen, GA, where we will spend the night and do some exploring in the daytime, then from there we'll spend a little while in Dahlonega (maybe panning fo <clipped mess
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> r gold) before heading back home.
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Sounds great
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Sounds like a busy time!
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Sounds like quite a trip
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> It will be my first proper vacation since 2017
[18:44] <The_Bee> Very busy
[18:44] <KK> You'll love Biltmore House!
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> We stuck with staying in San Diego for a week
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I've seen Biltmore before, but it was about 26 years ago, and DH has never seen it.
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Things do change in 26 years
[18:45] <Laurna> We did Ruby Falls.  Loved it.  but if you have any oxygen troubles  be aware that it gets kind of thin near the elevater shaft
[18:45] <KK> You'll be amazed how much you'd forgotten after 26 years away.
[18:45] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I've been to Ruby Falls too, but not since my teens
[18:46] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> My grandparents used to enjoy daytripping there and to Rock City, and they would take me along.
[18:47] <The_Bee> Are there any falling rubies at Ruby Falls?
[18:47] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Sadly, no. 😄
[18:47] <Laurna> One of the older men in your group nearly passed out on the way back,  and we had to rush him up the elevator
[18:47] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I would go much more often if there were!
[18:47] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Well, if Rubies don't fall out of the sky, I just won't go!
[18:48] <Laurna> The ruby cave would be so cool  maybe Lendour has a ruby cave near the servents camp
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> The Biltmore Estate is amazing. The house of course but also the grounds. The gardens were designed by Capabillity Brown and are fabulous . Need your walking shoes
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> DD went to Ruby Falls recently, and she tends to have slightly lower than normal blood oxygen levels due to her heart condition, but she didn't have any problems in the cave.
[18:48] <Laurna> The cave where the waterfall is is very much like where Kelson and Dhugal washed onto the rocks.
[18:49] <Laurna> Only there is natural light and air
[18:49] <KK> brb
[18:49] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I remember they turn off the lights for a few seconds once you reach the falls, so you can see how pitch dark it is down there.
[18:49] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> No natural light at all once you're in the area where the falls are.
[18:50] <Laurna> Oh,  for some reason I was imagining there was natural light.  but it must have all been artificail light
[18:50] <Laurna> I don't remember them turning off the lights
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I asked DD if they still do that, and she said they did it for her tour also
[18:50] <Laurna> I deo remember a blood red light on just the falls.  that was really cool
[18:51] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> The cave is fully underground, so there wouldn't be any source for natural light except maybe close to the entrance.
[18:52] <Laurna> Very Kelson and Dhugal like
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> When they turn off the lights and all you hear is the water falling nearby, you can imagine how terrifying that would have been for Kelson and Dhugal.
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Helps when you can conjure handfire. though
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> True. Though IIRC, Kelson couldn't due to his injury, so if it weren't for Dhugal, he'd have been completely SOL.
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Being able to heal a skull fracture is helpful too
[18:53] <Laurna>  It was a holiday weekend and there were several groups in the cave that day, So they must have not turned off the lights at least that I can recall.  was about 15 years ago
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Definitely helpful, DFK
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Never get washed underground without your best buddy!
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Who can heal and conjure handfire!
[18:54] <Laurna> So Very true.
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Or at least a rubber ducky
[18:54] <Laurna> LOL
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I'd prefer not to get washed underground at all, quite frankly, no matter who I'm with!
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Absolutely! Although i would rather skip the experience altogether.
[18:54] <Laurna> I am with you
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Have silly image of Kelson singing "Rubber Ducky, you're the one..."
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> LOL!
[18:55] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Concussions will do that to you
[18:55] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Oh no! now i'll have rubber ducky stuck in my head
[18:55] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Me too
[18:56] <Laurna> https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/EsPTpou0/image.png
[18:56] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> There are worst things to get stuck in one's head
[18:56] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> I'm pretty sure Kelson doesn't resemble Ernie, though
[18:56] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Let's hope not
[18:56] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> oh cute puppies
[18:56] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Another puppy!  So jealous
[18:56] <Laurna> Sorry trying to upload that picture
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Rothana wouldn't have been attracted to Ernie....
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Araxie wouldn't have been so keen to have Ernie's mini-muppets
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> She'd be trying to figure out exactly what he is and where he came from
[18:58] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Ew, definitely not! Especially if he's still carting around the rubber ducky!
[18:58] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> LOL!
[18:58] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> "That does it, I'm NOT competing with both Rothana and that damned ducky!"
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Tee hee
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Don't blame her
[18:59] <KK> back
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> We
[18:59] <The_Bee> front
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> WB
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> have gone on a slight tangent in your absence, maybe...
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hm. Glancing at my bookshelf, I've just noticed my hardcopy of KKB is gone, which makes me wonder where I've put it.
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I do have it in ebook form as well, though obviously that copy isn't autographed.
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Maybe the rubber ducky stole it
[19:01] <Laurna> https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/iU70zFmB/image.png
[19:01] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> That ducky must die, then!
[19:01] <Laurna> There, got the picture this time.  Lyla and Beau
[19:01] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> That's the book I had signed the day I met KK for the first time.
[19:01] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> So I know for certain I own it
[19:01] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Wouldn't put it past him. He needs something to pass the time other than floating in bubbles
[19:02] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Such cute puppies
[19:02] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Wouldn't put it past him.  The duck needs something to pass the time other than floating in bubbles
[19:02] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Looks like some cavalier fur there as well
[19:03] <KK> Yeah, I skimmed what I missed. It's really DARK when they turn out the lights.  The did it when Scott and I went to the salt mines under Salzburg.
[19:03] <KK> o
[19:03] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> This is probably the Duck THief
[19:03] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/479836521864888347/1115068269712384080/Devil_Duck.jpg
[19:03] <Laurna> Bubbles and hardcover first addition books DO NOT go together
[19:03] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Ahh, the evil duck
[19:03] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> He needs a waterproof edition.
[19:04] <KK> Is there some secret mythology concerning rubber duckies that I'm not aware of?
[19:04] <Laurna> Shiral  I like that ducky but you can keep him
[19:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Well as I said, we may have gone on a wee tangent that involved Kelson being underground singing "Rubber Ducky, you're the one..."
[19:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I think that we were talking about Ernie from Sesame Street, which led to the Rubber Ducky Song, which led to rubber duckies in general
[19:05] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> So leave us unsupervised and things can get silly!
[19:05] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> DD was collecting various styles of rubber ducky for a while
[19:06] <KK> There used to be a store in Staunton that sold rubber duckies in various garb.  Some of them were quite clever.
[19:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> We made the point that one should never go over a waterfall without your best buddy.
[19:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> And ideally even with your best buddy
[19:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> And ideally not even with your best buddy
[19:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> @KK were you ever able to download and read any of The Knighting of Liam? Just curious
[19:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Yes, it's best avoided. After all, people tend to worry about you
[19:08] <The_Bee> It would be worse if nobody cared enough to worry about you.
[19:08] <Laurna> People might tend to think you had died and leave the realm to your mean crazy cousin
[19:08] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Did anyone get to see the giant rubber ducky that was touring various US museums. Not sure why
[19:08] <KK> DFK, yes to downloading, but I haven't had a chance to read it, what with heart procedure and changing computers.  Soon, though!
[19:08] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> All sorts of bad things happen when your mean crazy cousin takes over
[19:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> It did come here. Certainly would never fit in a bathtub
[19:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Or the ducky
[19:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> And if the ducky and your cousin conspire against you, it can be really bad
[19:09] <The_Bee> I once read a story in which a bad guy was eaten by his own rubber ducky.
[19:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> The big ducky did come here. Certainly would never fit in a bathtub
[19:09] <Laurna> LOL
[19:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> 😄
[19:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> What an awful fate
[19:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Especially for the ducky
[19:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> 🤣
[19:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> The ducky probably had a bad case of heartburn
[19:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Better summon in a Quack
[19:11] <The_Bee> How is your heart doing now, KK?
[19:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> 😂
[19:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> I hope KK is seeing someone better than a Quack
[19:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Well yes, the Quack was for the Ducky
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> He needed treatment for his heartburn
[19:13] <KK> Good, Bee.  I was to the doctor on wednesday for my 6 week post op visit. No afib, and heart rate is adjusting to slightly faster beat; meds tweaked.
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> He needed treatment for his heartburn. The Quack said "I told you not to eat that!"
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Reminds me of "Duck Alaric" - got to love those typos
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> KK, yay!
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Good, glad things are on the upswing, KK
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Good news, KK
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Godd Job, KK
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> So glad to hear that KK
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Good Job, KK
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Sorry rented fingers
[19:14] <The_Bee> =D O:3
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Oh no, the Nobility of Gwynedd is being changed into Rubber Duckies!
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> I was thinking of Duck Alaric too.
[19:15] <KK> Yeah, but soon I have to get into physio, because my strength is kaput after sitting in my comfy chair for 6 weeks.
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Oh, I hear you there!
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Deconditioning sucks!
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> It's amazing how easy it is to baby ourselves...
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Physio is a positive step
[19:16] <The_Bee> Tell Daphne to make you chase her for the exercise!
[19:16] <KK> At least the heart is behaving.  And the reason I was feeling so weak and fainty was because my heart rate was so low. Returning to normal now, though.e
[19:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Good, now KK's heart, you behave yourself!
[19:18] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I've been getting out of breath lately just from normal exertion, though my heart rate seems to be fine, and my back pain from my injury keeps flaring up, so I finally joined a gym so I can start strengthening my weak back and shoulders like the PT told me I needed to be doing but had to stop doing with them once Covid hit.
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I also got a Samsung Galaxy Watch that was a refurbished one, so only half the price of a new one, but it's great for keeping track of my beats per minute, blood oxygen saturation, etc.
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> I have been walking 1.5 miles a day.  At least now that the weather is better.
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> I just wish i  had the stamina to do much of anything other than just lie  here. It's fun for awhile, but then eventually you just want to get out and use your muscles
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I was walking around that distance on most days if the weather was good, but that was before Covid, so now I'm trying to get back in the habit, especially since DH is wanting to go on some vacations that will involve lots of walking.
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Wish I had Revanne's and Dermercia's stamina to do those amaxing walks they take
[19:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> They live in beautiful countryside
[19:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Their pictures are wonderful
[19:21] <KK> Agree, Nezz. And good on ya, Laurna. Yes, I envy the walks Revanne and Demercia get to take.
[19:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Maybe build up endurance a quarter mile added on at a time, Laurna.
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Yes, although I imagine it's more pleasant in this time of the year than in January in England when it comes to walking
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> @Nezz You might be able to do a few chair exercises for a few minutes here and there, stopping before you get too worn out, but just to keep up some muscle tone
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Revanne is in training. She will have to keep up with George as he gets older as well as the puppy
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Last summer/fall I was doing 2.5 miles.  but with the really cold wet winter, I stoped walking and now I feel like I have to start all over again
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Can't walk in Canada without snowshoes in January
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> My brother has an adolescent puppy and has had to START doing more walking
[19:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Would hate to lose you in a snowdrift Jerusha
[19:23] <The_Bee> Biking for me. Arthritis is not conducive to walking.
[19:23] <KK> For certain. And it's going to get too hot to walk, here and in the UK.
[19:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Jerusha,  I well imagine you are wearing many more pounds of clothing than just snowshoes
[19:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> I'll build a fire.  🙂
[19:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Nope; I'm inside by the fire!
[19:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> lol  has it thawed out yet at the lake, Jerusha?
[19:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I read that as "I'm inside the fire" for a moment
[19:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Just  my inner dragon, Evie 🙂
[19:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Fire Dance
[19:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Me too! that would be painful very soon!
[19:25] <The_Bee> That'll keep you warm!
[19:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> I'm sure Duncan wouldn't recommend it!
[19:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> too warm
[19:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> A warm dragon would do
[19:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> The lake has thawed.  Unfortunately, so have the blackflies and mosquitoes
[19:25] <KK> Yuck!
[19:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Mosquitoes the size of a bird.  so I hear
[19:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> It is such a short time between freezing and being eaten
[19:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> ohhhh
[19:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> A crucifix helps but you have to hit them pretty hard with it for it to work
[19:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> lol
[19:27] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> I prefer a battery operated mosquito racket
[19:27] <KK> At least you got winter this year.  Most of us didn't.  We had two days with light dustings of snow.  Not normal.
[19:27] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> I prefer to be  AWAY from mosquitoes--they think I'm delicious
[19:27] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> I know it is cruel, but it is so satisfying when they blow up
[19:27] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Even I had two days of light dustings of snow.  and that is unheard of
[19:28] <The_Bee> We're having a rather cold June right now.
[19:28] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Been cool and gray where I am.
[19:28] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> June Gloom is in the air
[19:28] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> It's been hotter in northern Ontario than in Florida
[19:28] <KK> And yet, there were lots of areas that got record-breaking snowfall. Crazy, schizoid weather.
[19:29] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> So are we. A whole week, end of May first of June with daytime highs in the 60.s
[19:29] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> We were very grateful for the rain and the snow pack this year
[19:29] <The_Bee> 50s here today
[19:29] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> we hit 78 today
[19:29] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Yes, California needed it
[19:30] <KK> At least all that snow has somewhat relieved the drought.
[19:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> I can water my lawn this year, at least so far
[19:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> The rain storms didn't hurt eithre
[19:30] <The_Bee> Lake Mead needs to be refilled.
[19:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> The rain storms didn't hurt either
[19:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> So do our lakes out here. Fortunately we got a boatload of snow this winter. 🙂
[19:32] <KK> I think I need to sign off now.  My back is barking, and today was the longest I've been up and about since before my procedure.  Zoom next week!
[19:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> I have become anti-lawns. Grass sucks up a lot of money for water and seed and fertilizer and is basically useless unless you have a golf course
[19:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Night, KK, have a good week.
[19:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Take care, Ms K!
[19:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Have a good week, KK
␃06[19:32] * KK steps onto her Portal, waves goodnight, and disappears in a shower of green sparkles.
[19:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Thanks for popping by!
[19:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Night KK. Have a good week and looking forward to zoom next week.
[19:33] <The_Bee> Thanks for coming, KK!  Good week!  See you on ZOOM. I hope.
[19:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Good night KK
[19:33] <KK> Thanks to all of you for being so patient!
[19:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Have a good week! I will probably not be here next Sunday, so I'll see you in two weeks, KK
[19:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Golf isn't terribly ecological itself
[19:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Have a fun time on vacation, Evie!
[19:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> At least I doubt I'll be able to access Zoom on Sunday, since I'll likely be at Biltmore Estate that day
[19:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Enjoy your vacation, Evie
[19:34] <KK> Nighters, all!
[19:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Night, KK
[19:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Nighters, KK
[19:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Goodnight, KK!
[19:34] * KK (49ab39c5@CCN-FD80E4E6.hsd1.va.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Client closed)
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com