• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Marc_du_Temple

June 01, 2024, 09:20:54 PM
Similar situation. Say hi for me, please!
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,711
  • Total Topics: 2,744
  • Online today: 43
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29
Facebook External hit (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

June 02, 2024, 09:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

KK Chat -- 16 April 2023

Started by Bynw, April 16, 2023, 07:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[18:03] * web36 (49ab39c5@CCN-FD80E4E6.hsd1.va.comcast.net) has joined #deryni_destinations
[18:04] <web36> Hello, troops!
[18:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi there
[18:04] <~bynw> Hi all
[18:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> hullo web36
[18:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Hi bynw, or is that you?
[18:05] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> I think it's him
[18:05] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> In disguise
[18:05] <~bynw> its not me
[18:05] <web36> Hi, Nezz, Have you done your writers' workshop yet?
[18:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> So who is it?
[18:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> I did, the Writr's workshop was in February, and it was great. 🙂
[18:06] <~bynw> must be KK
[18:07] <web36> Oh, I need to change my nick.  How do I do that again?
[18:07] <~bynw> use /nick KK
[18:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi KK
[18:07] * web36 is now known as KK
[18:07] <~bynw> or whatever you want to use of course
[18:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Hey KK 🙂
[18:07] <KK> There I am!
[18:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Yay!!
[18:08] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Good evening!
[18:08] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> And now we know who you are! yay!
[18:08] <KK> Evie!  Hello!
[18:08] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hello! 🙂
[18:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> How are you tonight?
[18:09] <KK> What's everyone been up to in this past week? Nobody getting drowned out by rain, I trust.
[18:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Nice and clear here.
[18:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Clear for us, too
[18:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I'm wearing a t-shirt dress and haven't needed a sweater. In fact, I had to turn on the a/c when I got home.
[18:10] <~bynw> had a week of 80s and now its snow flurries
[18:10] <KK> My aunt lives just south of Ft. Lauderdale.  She said the rain was bodacious!
[18:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Wow, they got hit hard with it!
[18:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> I wish we could get some rain. Keeps going around us. Trying to be Summer here, 82 today
[18:10] <~bynw> yeah my cousin who lives in that area has posted pictures of flooding
[18:11] <KK> They're saying we have another cold front coming through. Squirrely weather.
[18:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I'm happy for it to remain springlike. I'm not in any rush for summer, since here that means upper 80s to 90s heat.
[18:11] <KK> I hate serious summer weather!
[18:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> This whole winter and early spring has had squirrely weather
[18:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> I don't think squirrels would claim this crazy weather
[18:12] <chris> puppies https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/SJXbxws9/IMG_2041.JPG
[18:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Can't make up its mind if it wants to be super cold and/or wet one minute and sunny and mild or even hot the next.
[18:12] <KK> Awwww.
[18:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Awww, Puppies
[18:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Cute pups!
[18:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> So cute
[18:13] <KK> They're chihuahuas, aren't they/  How big will they get?
[18:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Hello everyone
[18:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi Shiral
[18:13] <KK> Hi, Shiral.
[18:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Puppers!
[18:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Hi Shiral
[18:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I had a Chihuahua years ago and miss him, but cats work much better than dogs for my schedule, so he was the first and last dog that I had.
[18:14] <~bynw> yes they are. not very big
[18:14] * CambersGhost [discord] <Shiral> sets out a tea tray with tea, fresh lemon pound cake and strawberries
[18:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Aside from Pixie, but he was almost exclusively an outdoor dog, though he came inside if the weather was really bad.
[18:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> They may not get very big but they will think they're the size of a Great Dane
[18:15] <KK> I liked my dogs, but am glad I don't have to hassle with them anymore.  Booker is now 1 of 3 in a very good home, and by all accounts, is happy as a clam.
[18:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Spent Easter Sunday with my family and my brother's rather obstreporous golden doodle puppy who's now 6 months old and big enough to cause some chaos
[18:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I've always wondered about that expression. How does one gauge the happiness of clams, I wonder? 😄
[18:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Check to see if they're smiling
[18:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> And if you met a depressed clam, how would you know? They might feel social pressure to pretend they're okay...
[18:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> They might just close up their shell and refuse to talk
[18:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> I'm fine, everything's fine.... everything is always fine
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I've never met a clam that said how it felt one way or another, though to be fair I don't spend a great deal of time talking to clams. Or even being where I might be likely to meet any.
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> That's how it always is with me, Shiral... always fine. 🙂
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Not a verbose bunch, clams
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Not likely to encounter Clam the Verbose in chat.
[18:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> So did I miss any news?
[18:18] <KK> The original reference is happy as a clam at high tide.  Or is it low tide?  Can never remember.
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I live a four hour drive from any tides, with or without clams, so I suspect their mystery is safe.
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Evie has 4 new tires and bynw has 2 new puppies
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> The puppies sound like rather more fun
[18:19] <KK> Good acquisitions.
[18:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> But you can't argue with the necessity of tires if you want to get somewhere on wheels
[18:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Truth!
[18:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Puppies are more fun, but tires are less likely to go flat when you drive on them.  Ideally, one should never drive on puppies.
[18:20] <~bynw> my news is easy. i have new puppies.
[18:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> At least puppies don't go flat and have to be changed in the rain
[18:20] <KK> And new tires are good tires, and hopefully won't let you be stranded.
[18:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> The puppies would absolutely agree
[18:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Inflating one's puppies with an air pump is also not recommended.
[18:21] <KK> No.
[18:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> I did once have to change a flat tire at one am in Oakland. I was coming home from my sister's house on New Year's Eve, and thought  "Either this is going to be a really horrible year, or it's going to be a GREAT year, and I'm getting all the bad stuff out of the way in the first 24 hours."
[18:23] * The_Bee (4c138f12@CCN-20852E83.hsd1.ma.comcast.net) has joined #deryni_destinations
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> I like the second option
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I definitely got the worst event of the year thus far out of the way in the first week.
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi Bee
[18:23] <~bynw> hi Bee
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> It was kind of a wash from what I remember. It was neither a great, nor an awful year. But I did get home safe and sound if in the wee hours, and got a new tire the next day.
[18:23] <The_Bee> Hello everyone! What have I missed?
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Hie Bee
[18:23] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Actually, come to think, it was within the first 24 hours as well. Or at least the first 48.
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Hi Everyone!
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi Jerusha
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Hi Bee
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hi, Bee!  Bynw has new puppies. That's probably the most exciting update, unless my new tires are of interest.
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Hy Jerusha
[18:24] <~bynw> hi jerusha
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Hi Jerusha
[18:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Puppies or tires - sorry Evie, puppies win
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I figured as much.
[18:25] <The_Bee> Puppies? What are their names?
[18:25] <KK> I think I had a bit of serendipity today. I think I've tracked down the author of a charming short story sent to me years ago, that didn't fit with the first anthology.  But it's amazing what one can find on the internet.  I called the numer and left a message.  Hopefully it's the
[18:25] <KK> right guy, and he'll get back to me.
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I could glue some faux fur to my tires, but it wouldn't be the same and might end up voiding my warranty.
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Tires are necessary but not cute or cuddly
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Sounds interesting, KK. I hope he responds
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hopefully so, KK
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> I hope i'ts the right person. 🙂
[18:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Anyone we know, KK?
[18:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Does that mean you've had some time to work on the new anthology?
[18:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> If not, he may be completely mystified that he wrote a short story. 😉
[18:26] <KK> I don't think so.  It was actually 2 people, in Minnesota, of all places.
[18:27] * The_Bee reminds herself to work on her contribution to the anthology.
[18:27] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> If it's an unusual name, the changes are decent that it's the same person. If it's a pretty common name, then it might not be.
[18:27] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> If his name is John Smith, then....good luck.  😄
[18:27] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Or Patty Jones
[18:28] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Or Michael or Jennifer anything
[18:28] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> IF his name is Davy Jones, he might be found under the sea
[18:28] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> At least for a decade or so, those were the #1 baby names in the US
[18:29] <KK> Not to work on it, but thinking about it.  And I learned how to save an attachment, except that Susan needs to send me a version that I can edit. I except it'll show up in the n
[18:29] <KK> ext few days.t
[18:29] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> I remember seeing a drawing of a grade school class in which all the boys were named Scott and all the girls were named Jennifer and their teacher is sitting there looking completely stressed out!
[18:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Scott 1, Scott 2, Jennifer 1, Jennifer 2....
[18:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> I will send it. I was thinking of combining die chapters so not so many emails
[18:30] <The_Bee> KK, do you still have the story?
[18:30] <KK> My Scott would have added to the confusion.
[18:30] <KK> I do.
[18:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> But of course!
[18:30] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> The discussions about Araxie on the forum have nudged me over to MS word to finish a little something.....
[18:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Ohhh, good Shiral!
[18:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Good! Nothing like a good nudge
[18:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Stay tuned. It's not quite ready, yet
[18:31] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> On pins and needles...
[18:31] * CambersGhost [discord] <Shiral> hands Jerusha  a cushion
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> My grandmother's maiden name was Scott, so it was actually on my short list of names for a son, but I'm glad I didn't name DS that because we ended up with neighbors across the street whose sons were close to my children's ages, and their older son was Scott, so having two Scotts to call inside for dinner in homes so close would be confusing.
[18:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Stay comfortable, that sounds really prickly!
[18:32] * CambersGhost [discord] <Jerusha2> tries to get comfy
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Hello everyone
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> One of my favorite Dr. Seuss stories as a child was the one named "Too Many Daves."
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Hi Laurna
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Hi Laurna
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Hi Laurna
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Hi Laurna
[18:33] <~bynw> hi Laurna
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> hi Laurna
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I've never had an issue with someone else in my class having the same name as me.
[18:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Or me
[18:34] <The_Bee> me neither
[18:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Only once were there two other Lauras in a class with me
[18:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> But if you say your name is Nary Jones no one believes you
[18:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> The downside was that it was hard for me to find things like personalized keychains or coffee mugs, unless they could be personalized in the shop.
[18:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Mary
[18:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Yep, I never found one either
[18:35] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Not a problem for me, either. But there's something about me that makes people want to call me Michelle. Like my High School math teacher, or the resident manager when I was living in an apartment, and just last week the CPA who helped me with my taxes. It's a lovely name, it just doesn't happen to be mine.
[18:35] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> They think it!s an Alia's
[18:35] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Alias
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> I was wondering who Alia was. 😉
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> It could be Alia's...
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Shiral, I don't see you has a Michelle.  but then my boss was Michelle.  So it is a good thing you are not a Michelle
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> New character?
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> I have found a few things in recent years that have my name on it, but that's because we have a higher Latino population here now than we did in my younger years, and I think the name is still somewhat used, if not immensely popular, in Latino communities. But even then, I think it's usually someone named after Grandma.
[18:37] <The_Bee> There's never been another Beverly in my family.  My parents wanted me to be one of a kind.
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Not sure what I do or say to make people think I'm a Michelle, but I can hand them an official document (LIke tax documents)  to them with my legal name on it and they STILL call me Michelle. Maybe it was a cosmic mistake on my parent's part.
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> LOL!
[18:37] <KK> I was named for my 2 grandmothers, their middle names.
[18:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Nice to bring both families into a childs name
[18:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Mom named be after a song
[18:38] <KK> Yes. Helen Catherine and Alma Irene.
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> My DD didn't want her grandmother's name, Lucy Josephine
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> In fairness, I have a surname that's difficult. My mother wanted to call one of my brother's Joseph, but then realized "Joseph Houle" sounded far too close to "Joe's a fool."
[18:39] <The_Bee> I often wish I HAD been nmed for someone. 
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> What song?
[18:39] <KK> What's your middle name, Bee?
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> There was a song in the 50's called "Laura"
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> My grandmother was quick to let me know she did NOT want a great-grandchild named after her, because she hated her first and middle names.
[18:40] <The_Bee> Jane
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> My grandmother's name was Nona. Glad I didn't get that
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> My name came about because my parents didn't know what they were going to call me when I was born, so they called my grandma to say they had a baby daughter, and my grandma called all lher friends to say she had a baby granddaughter named Wendy. My parents said "eh, good enough."
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> My sister Ann is named for my mother's sister, and my Cousin Connie is named for my mother. Now to differentiate between them, we either call her  Connie Jr. Or "Connie of the East."
[18:41] <KK> If |I'd been a boy, I was to be Kenneth Fredrick.
[18:41] <The_Bee> When Mom told thee doctor, my name, he thought she was naming a boy.
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Kenneth is my dad's name
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> AH Nezz,  so grandma named you.
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> She did. I once asked her about that, but she didn't remember that happening.
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> I like Kenneth
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Not so sure about Fredrick though
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> LOL, I wonder how she got that name fixed in her head, if your parents didn't tell her that? 😄
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> I don't know where Susan came from, no others in the e family
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> My father's name is Raymond, and my mother wanted to name me Rae.  Thank goodness that did not happen
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Evie, no idea: My parents were leaning towards Suzanne, but hadn't decided yet.
[18:43] <KK> Actually, my father's birth cert says Frederick, but that's the only place it's spelle
[18:43] <KK> d that way.  I've always seen Fredrick.
[18:43] <The_Bee> You can spell your own name any way you like, I suppose.
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Well my mother's mom was Belle Zoe's, sShe was Irish but that didn't sound Irish to me
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Belle Zoraida
[18:44] <The_Bee> I thought "Frederick" was the usual spelling.
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> A good friend of mine has the last name of Frederick
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> AC has now decided to drive me crazy
[18:45] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> WHo is AC
[18:45] <The_Bee> Frederick means "Peaceful King."
[18:45] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Auto correct, our friend
[18:45] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> It is too early in the season to have the air conditioner on.
[18:46] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Or do you mean fiend?
[18:46] <KK> I'd think so.  Just as long as official records don't get snarled up. My legal name is Kurtz-MacMillan, -MacMillan, but I've only ever earned money a
[18:46] <KK> s Katherine Kurtz.
[18:46] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> OH  AutoCorrect sorry
[18:46] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> My dad's original birth certificate said "Keneth," I think, but it wasn't meant to be spelled that way. HIs parents always intended for him to be Kenneth. But my grandmother wanted to name my aunt Jeanette, and the other side of the family (her in-laws) didn't like that name and thought she should be Janet because they knew others named Janet but didn't know anyone named Jeanette <clipped mess
[18:46] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> . And Janet is what ended up on the birth certificate, though everyone on my grandmother's side of the family called her Jeanette or 'Nette.
[18:46] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Not here, high 80s the other day
[18:46] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> @Jerusha2 fiend is right
[18:47] <KK> Taxes get filed as Katherine I. Kurtz.
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> I guess you wouldn't want to file as a Haldane, KK
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Do authors claim self employement or is there another job title for author
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> A lot of author's create LLCs for themselves.
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> perhaps Deryni Chronicles is a business
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> A lot of authors create LLCs for themselves.
[18:48] <KK> I'[m an author, and self-employed.  I get W-2's from my publishers.
[18:49] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> That would make sense. The LLCs would be more useful for self-publishers and indies.
[18:49] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Oh  so Royalites are under w-2?
[18:49] <KK> Unless one is a really big author, LLC's aren't a good idea, according to my tax guy,
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> "Why yes, my dependants  (The Haldanes and the Furstans and the McLains and the Morgans and the Quinnells) all live in my head."
[18:50] <KK> Do they pay rent?
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> That would be a lot of dependants.  lol
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> I hope they pay rent
[18:50] <The_Bee> After struggling for several days with my tax return, I've discovred I may not need to file because my gross income is too low.
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Yes, and how much are you paying to support those Haldanes and Furstands, etc...?  😉
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> In the Sims, they pay rent.  BUCKETS of rent. Castles are expensive. 😅
[18:51] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Crowded yes. I hope they pay rent or the property taxes for Rhemuth castle would be astronomical
[18:51] <KK> Castles ARE expensive.
[18:51] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Fortunately, they don't eat much
[18:51] <KK> True.
[18:51] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> The dependents, not the castles, I mean
[18:51] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Yes but you have to charge the midnight snacking to them
[18:51] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> But if Kelson paid taxes on the castle he would be paying himself I think
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> The castles don't eat at all, that I've seen. But Sims seem to be eating every five minutes unless you tweak their needs a bit. 😂
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> A very hungry bunch
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Hopefully they're not ALL hungry all at once
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> @DFK That's why I've made adjustments in my game so he gets more in taxes from the populace than he has to pay for castle maintenance and such.
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> No Kelson needs to Pay KK
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Have to go check on something. BRB
[18:53] <KK> Laurna, are there any Cavalier King Charles breeders in my area, or a rescue?  Asking for my friend who just lost her allergic husband.
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> After all, he has to buy jewels for his new wife
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Back
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> There are a lot of major breeders on the east coast.  I can look it up for you.
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Cavalier rescues tend to be few
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> @Shiral It's more convenient if they are hungry all at once; they can just all sit down to one meal that way rather than getting hungry several minutes apart and holding up any group activities because they've rushed off to raid the fridge.
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> A dog will make a nice companion for her.
[18:54] <KK> I'd guess rescues are rare, but one never knows.
[18:55] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> Well yes, but when the Haldanes and the Furstans ALL get hungry at the same time, they'll clean out your entire fridge.
[18:55] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> If they just want a companion dog, that is easier to find. if you want a breeding dog.  you will have to pay through the teeth.
[18:55] <The_Bee> Rescue dogs are more likely to be mixed-breeds, I suspect.
[18:55] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> Furstans...now I'm remembering who I haven't made yet.... 😉
[18:55] <KK> Could maybe get one from a breeder that isn't show quality.
[18:55] <KK> Yep, just companion dog.
[18:55] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> But which still can be a loving, loyal friend
[18:56] <KK> Absolutely.
[18:56] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> Mutts make great buddies. 🙂
[18:56] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Evie the Verbose> BRB, need to check on laundry before DH's shirts wrinkle
[18:56] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> All my cats have been adopted from local shelters
[18:57] <KK> Yep, and I need to check out in a couple of minutes, for Call the Midwife.  I've gotten hooked on that show.
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> I had one who just showed up and moved in
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> A midwife?
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> https://ckcsc.org/breeders    put in the state and look to see if there is a club near your home..  The CKCS club members are the best breeders to purchase from.
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> "Okay human, now you have a cat."
[18:57] <KK> Phoebe came from a private shelter.And what a great cat she is!
[18:57] <The_Bee> PBS tv show
[18:58] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> I crocheted a "Call the Midwife" afghan a couple years ago. 🙂
[18:58] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Exactly
[18:58] * KK (49ab39c5@CCN-FD80E4E6.hsd1.va.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Client closed)
[18:58] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Shiral> "You should feel honored to be chosen, too."
[18:58] <The_Bee> Phoebe? besides Daphne?
[18:59] * web43 (49ab39c5@CCN-FD80E4E6.hsd1.va.comcast.net) has joined #deryni_destinations
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Oops did we lose KK
[19:00] <web43> Oops, got kicked out when I clicked on the Cavalier site.  Anyway, I need to go.  See you all next week.
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Nezz> bye KK, take care and have a great week
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Laurna> Good Night KK
[19:00] * web43 steps onto her Portal, waves goodnight, and disappears in a shower of green sparkles.
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <Jerusha2> Have a good week, KK
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <DFK> Have a good week Kk. See you next week
[19:00] * web43 (49ab39c5@CCN-FD80E4E6.hsd1.va.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Client closed)
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com