• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

May 16, 2024, 09:30:50 PM
that's fine Revanne
Members
  • Total Members: 175
  • Latest: CathyAj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,637
  • Total Topics: 2,741
  • Online today: 69
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 20
Total: 22
Marc_du_Temple
Laurna
Facebook External hit (5)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 02:47:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

KK Chat -- 12 March 2023

Started by Bynw, March 12, 2023, 07:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[18:26] * KK (49ab39c5@CCN-FD80E4E6.hsd1.va.comcast.net) has joined #deryni_destinations
[18:26] <Eris> <Nezz> <:HeartEyesCatWithTongueOut:935376305946492999>
[18:26] <The_Bee> Hi KK
[18:26] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I had counted on Loris being quite dead, but if I do go ahead and get the Vampires pack for more cool stuff to build with, I guess Gwynedd will inherit a new enemy. 😄
[18:26] <Eris> <Nezz> Hey, it's KK, how's things with you?
[18:26] <Eris> <Shiral> Hi KK
[18:26] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Hi KK
[18:26] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Hi KK!
[18:26] <KK> Hello, all.  Sorry I'm late.
[18:26] <Eris> <Jerusha2> That's OK
[18:26] <The_Bee> As long as you're here now
[18:26] <Eris> <Shiral> A worrisome plot to reanimate Loris has been mentioned
[18:26] <Eris> <DFK> Hi KK
[18:27] <~bynw> hi KK
[18:27] <Eris> <Nezz> I don't know why you blame me... 🙂
[18:27] <Eris> <DFK> Really bad idea
[18:27] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Oh dear - living dead Loris.  EEK
[18:27] * ~bynw goes to get some supper
[18:27] <Eris> <Shiral> Maybe because you mentioned  the idea, Nezz
[18:27] <KK> I was in a Michaeline Zoom meeting earlier, and this chat just went right out of my head..
[18:27] <KK> Living dead Loris?!
[18:28] <Eris> <Nezz> Shiral, I'm pretty sure you mentioned Loris first and they they were safe from him... That's just asking for trouble. 🙂
[18:28] <Eris> <Shiral> Duncan WON'T be pleased!
[18:28] <Eris> <Shiral> Only in the context of "Luckily Loris is past the stage of popping by."
[18:28] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Found it!
[18:28] <The_Bee> We were discussing who deserves to be put in an oubliette.
[18:29] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> That's the version with all the landscaping complete
[18:29] <Eris> <Nezz> we all agreed that Loris would be first on the lislt of oubliette bait
[18:29] <Eris> <Shiral> The five towers made me think it was Coroth Castle  Pretty lush landscaping
[18:29] <KK> I think Loris has been dead long enough that even vampires couldn't reanimate him.  But I could be wrong.
[18:29] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> It still can be, since I may keep Duncan at Saint Hilary's.
[18:30] <Eris> <Shiral> Duncan has a Schola to run in Rhemuth
[18:30] <The_Bee> Can you post the pic for those not   on discord?
[18:30] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I think if there was an enemy kingdom with dark magic users that could pass for vampires, Kelson has enough trouble on his hands without me reanimating Loris on top of that!
[18:30] <Eris> <Shiral> sets chatroom table with tea and fresh baked Irish Soda brea
[18:30] <Eris> <Nezz> I was just saying that since this isin't offical KK-world Duncan, that not-KK-world Loris might still be hanging around.
[18:30] <Eris> <Shiral> I'm sure his Majesty would agree!
[18:31] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Is the bot not showing the pic on IRC too? I thought that was set up a few weeks back.
[18:31] <Eris> <Jerusha2> "hanging" around is OK
[18:31] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I don't have IRC, but maybe someone else can share it.
[18:31] <KK> Interesting concept.  And I'm not seeing any pictures.
[18:31] <Eris> <Shiral> Some people only hang curtains. Kelson hung an entire Archbishop, a prince and a Baron
[18:32] <Eris> <Shiral> And Gorony, as well
[18:32] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I do have an execution stake, but I somehow can't imagine Kelson sentencing someone to death that way, knowing what burnings have meant for Deryni. But some other form of execution, sure.
[18:32] <Eris> <Shiral> Capital punishment in medieval times wasn't for the faint of heart. Remember what happened to Istelyn
[18:33] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Drat! I guess the bot must not be working.
[18:33] <KK> Could always take a page from Torenth, I suppose.  Though I can't see Kelson doing that.
[18:33] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I think Kelson would do something quick.
[18:33] <Eris> <Shiral> It proved that Liam has some serious kingly sang froid
[18:33] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Like Conall's hanging. Or if they invented the guillotine ahead of time, maybe that.
[18:33] <The_Bee> An arrow to the eye is more Kelson's style.
[18:34] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Wasn't Conall beheaded?
[18:34] <The_Bee> Yes
[18:34] <Eris> <Shiral> Yup, Sicard didn't have time to even be afraid
[18:34] <Eris> <DFK> yup
[18:34] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> That's right. Someone else was hanged. Loris, maybe?
[18:34] <Eris> <Shiral> Loris, Gorony, Brice and Ithel
[18:34] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Loris and Gorony.
[18:34] <Eris> <DFK> loris and gorony were hung together
[18:34] <Eris> <Jerusha2> And Brice and Ithel
[18:35] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> They may have been hung, but since they were both celibate, no one can say for certain. However, both were certainly hanged. 😄
[18:36] <The_Bee> Wasn't beheading supposed to be merciful back then?
[18:36] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Yes, it was quickest
[18:36] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Oh my, Evie!
[18:36] <Eris> <DFK> If done right
[18:36] <Eris> <Shiral> Evie, you bad girl!
[18:36] <Eris> <Jerusha2> If done right; sometimes it want nastily wrong
[18:36] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> True, sadly.
[18:36] <Eris> <Shiral> Don't flinch, like Conall did
[18:37] <Eris> <Jerusha2> I think it did not go smoothly for Queen Mary
[18:37] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I know there was someone in history where it took five attempts to get it right. Ack!
[18:37] <The_Bee> the worst was hanged, drawn and quartered.
[18:37] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Totally brutal
[18:37] <Eris> <Shiral> Hanging was also a fate for commoners, Ithel was quite conscious of the loss of dignity
[18:38] <KK> That's why Henry VIII sent for a swordsman from France, for Anne Boleyn.
[18:38] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Ithel deserved a loss of dignity.
[18:38] <Eris> <Shiral> Well....I'm in no rush to be burned at the stake.  THAT would be the fate I'd dread most.
[18:38] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> He certainly didn't think of Janniver's dignity
[18:38] <Eris> <Shiral> He certainly did.
[18:38] <Eris> <Shiral> Deserve the loss of dignity, I mean
[18:38] <The_Bee> Was that by Anne Boleyn's request?
[18:38] <KK> Nope, a master swordsman for me, if it were to come to that.
[18:38] <Eris> <Nezz> The hanging would be pretty miserable if that rope wasn't long enough.
[18:39] <The_Bee> or too long.
[18:39] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Yeah, or if the drop wasn't abrupt enough.
[18:39] <Eris> <Shiral> Wow.....we're all in quite a mood, today!
[18:39] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> We're a cheerful lot.
[18:39] <Eris> <Nezz> 😄
[18:39] <The_Bee> It can break your neck, or slowly strangle you.
[18:40] <Eris> <Shiral> Let's see.....wondering who Dhugal will end up marrying
[18:40] <Eris> <DFK> Having trouble with Discord, wouldn't let me type. Had to go out and back in.
[18:40] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I've married him off twice, Shiral. Your turn. 😄
[18:40] <Eris> <TM> Still scrolling thru chat:
[18:40] <Eris> <TM> "<KK> Living dead Loris?!" Would that make him a slow loris?
[18:40] <Eris> <Nezz> KK, do you know who Dhugal ends up marrying? Is that something you ever thought about?
[18:40] <Eris> <Shiral> The world needs more little McLains!
[18:41] <KK> I like the slow Loris!
[18:41] <Eris> <Jerusha2> I was gong to marry him to Jana, as a second marriage, but it never happened
[18:41] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I always wondered if he ended up with that princess whose picture he fancied when they were all being shoved at Kelson.
[18:41] <Eris> <DFK> @KK  were you able to open and save the file I sent you?
[18:41] <Eris> <Shiral> Welll.....I did have an idea or two.....about her.
[18:42] <KK> Sorry, DFK, I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
[18:42] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> My Sims world has little McLains, but from Duncan rather than Dhugal. 😄
[18:42] <Eris> <DFK> I really like Mirjana in the fanfic
[18:42] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Little McLains from Duncan???
[18:42] <The_Bee> Doesn't Dhugal want a Deryni wife?
[18:43] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Yes. The Church of the Watcher (in the Sims) doesn't require vows of celibacy.
[18:43] <Eris> <Shiral> He did produce at least one little McLain who's no longer so little!
[18:43] <KK> I had an additional medical adventure on Thursday, when I went to my follow up with my cardiologist.  Seems the cardioversion didn't hold, and I'm back in afib.  Need to see another cardio consultant.  Probably ablation is next on the horizon.
[18:43] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Oh dear!
[18:43] <Eris> <Shiral> Eek, KK
[18:43] <The_Bee> Bummer!
[18:43] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Ablation?
[18:43] <Eris> <DFK> Sorry to hear that
[18:43] <Eris> <Nezz> Gah!  : (
[18:44] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Given Duncan's personal integrity, Dhugal must be his only offspring.
[18:44] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Agreed, if he's in his own universe and under vows of celibacy.
[18:44] <Eris> <Nezz> How are you feeling right now, KK?
[18:44] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Little McLain's via Kevin, if he sowed some wild oats, are possible.
[18:44] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> And yikes re afib
[18:45] <KK> That's where they go into the heart with a wire and burn out suspect cells in the heart wall that are interfering with proper electrical function.  The cardio folk that tend to these matters are sometimes referred to as Electricians, as opposed to the plumbers, who deal with blocked vessels and the like.
[18:45] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> But my Sims universe is an AU version of the Eleven Kingdoms. So there are a few variances in it.
[18:45] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Oh my, KK!  Hope all goes well!
[18:45] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Ack! That sounds alarming, but I hope you get a great electrician.
[18:45] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Mom had her pacemaker battery replaced on Tuesday, and she's doing well with that, so I'll wish the same cardiac luck to you, KK.
[18:45] <Eris> <DFK> Agreed. Hope all goes well
[18:46] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Or a very good Healer
[18:46] <Eris> <Shiral> Modern medicine can do incredible things, but we each only have one heart
[18:46] <KK> Feeling somewhat better, though I was seriously thinking about the ER yesterday, feeling all fainty and punk.  Better today.  But I'll call tomorrow and sr,ee if we can't get things moving faster.
[18:47] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Better to get it over and done
[18:47] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Yeah, can't have you passing out and falling.
[18:47] <Eris> <Shiral> This is the kind of thing you definitely don't want to neglect
[18:47] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Since the reason Mom needs a pacemaker in the first place is sinoatrial node malfunction (not always passing along the electrical impulse from the brain that tells the heart to beat), I've been teasing Mom ever since about having blown a fuse.
[18:48] <KK> lol.  Makes sense.  If the ablation doesn't work, a pacemaker is probably in the cards for me.
[18:48] <The_Bee> Does she laugh?
[18:48] <The_Bee> DR's mom, not you, KK
[18:49] <Eris> <Shiral> Hoping Ablation does the job. But I will say, my father had a pacemaker and it added several good years for him.
[18:50] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Yes, Mom thinks it's funny.
[18:50] <Eris> <Shiral> When they discovered he needed it, his condition was sufficiently worrisome that they popped him in a wheelchair and took him off to see a top cardiologist--the kind of doctor you might have to wait six months to see, otherwise
[18:51] <The_Bee> Get her a circuit-breaker
[18:51] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Especially becoming one of the family expressions for "to lose one's temper" is "to blow a fuse."
[18:51] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> That's what the pacemaker is, lol.
[18:51] <Eris> <Shiral> Get all the wiring fixed!
[18:52] <KK> Yep, hope to do that sooner rather than later.
[18:52] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> But Mom doesn't lose her temper much. Basically, there's not much she finds worth that much give-a-damn.
[18:52] <Eris> <Shiral> Don't want to have the sword of Damocles over your head
[18:53] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> No, not at all.
[18:53] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Cardiac problems are pretty much urgent by definition.
[18:54] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Is Daphne being a good nursed kitteh?
[18:54] <KK> Yep, I'd say so.
[18:54] <Eris> <Shiral> So we want YOUR heart to stay in good working order for many years to come, KK
[18:54] <The_Bee> I've been lucky, so far.
[18:54] <KK> Daphne is quietly meatloafing on my lap right now.  Don't know if she senses any of this.
[18:54] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Indeed, Shoes
[18:54] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Let's keep everyone healthy
[18:55] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Shiral, not shoes.
[18:55] <KK> Amen to that!
[18:55] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Jeez, phone
[18:55] <Eris> <Shiral> LOL, Well, I DO like shoes.....
[18:55] <Eris> <DFK> Definitely want the A fib gone. It can all too many problems. DEpends on the rate as well as the rhythm
[18:56] <Eris> <Jerusha2> There's nothing like a shoe crystal to set you on the right path..
[18:56] <Eris> <Shiral> Cats are good for lowering our stress
[18:56] <Eris> <Nezz> Is that the same as crystal shoes?
[18:56] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Or red slippers?
[18:56] <Eris> <Shiral> Kind of like Maxwell Smart's shoe phone from Get Smart
[18:56] <The_Bee> or glass slippers?
[18:57] <Eris> <DFK> or Dorothy's ruby slippers
[18:57] <Eris> <Shiral> But I'd think that glass slippers would be very inconvenient at a ball. Lovely idea, but what if the Prince is a clumsy dancer?
[18:57] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Could shatter a foxtrot
[18:57] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> I got two new pairs for my birthday, one practical (I needed new sneaks) and one fun (lugged sole loafers of the type that were in fashion when I was in high school thirty years ago and after the cyclical nature of fashion, are back again).
[18:58] <Eris> <Shiral> You wouldn't want to dance any flamenco in glass slippers
[18:58] <Eris> <DFK> But the fairy godmother said they were really comfortable
[18:58] <KK> Not to mention the possible blisters.
[18:58] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Nor tap
[18:58] <The_Bee> I've read that"glass" was a mis-translation of the Frensh word for "fur."
[18:58] <Eris> <Shiral> But they were loose enough so that she lost one on the palace steps
[18:58] <Eris> <DFK> But it didn't break
[18:59] <Eris> <Shiral> But I've always thought it odd that he had to use the slipper, and couldn't just recognize HER
[18:59] <The_Bee> She wsn't dressed like a princess at home.
[18:59] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> I read a funny theory that he was face-blind.
[19:00] <Eris> <Nezz> Ooooooh, that would explain a lot!
[19:00] <Eris> <Shiral> It's possible that he was very short sighted. 😉
[19:00] <KK> I'd read about the fur theeory.
[19:00] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Or that even though she captured his attention, he met so many ladies that night, he got confused (which is also a workable theory).
[19:01] <Eris> <Nezz> They mention it in the movie Ever After
[19:01] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Yes, they were originally shoes of vair (squirrel fur), not verre (glass).
[19:01] <KK> I understand that Crown Princess Victoria is face blind.
[19:01] <The_Bee> Who?
[19:01] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Face blind?
[19:02] <KK> Me, I remember faces, but have trouble remembering names.
[19:02] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> If I met a hundred people in one night, I'd struggle keeping them all clear in my memory.
[19:02] <Eris> <Nezz> Face blindness is when you can't really remember faces very well. for people who have it really bad, they don't recognize anybody, not even their own families
[19:02] <KK> Face blind--not recognizing faces.
[19:02] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Ah.
[19:02] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I wouldn't call myself face blind, but I do tend to have to meet someone more than once before I remember them. But I'll remember their name.
[19:02] <The_Bee> "I remember your name, but I can't think of your face."
[19:02] <Eris> <Nezz> I have a mild case, which makes it really difficult to watch movies and remember who is who.
[19:03] <Eris> <Jerusha2> I don't remember names well, unless it is the name of their dog
[19:03] <The_Bee> same with tv show.
[19:03] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> I'm one who struggles to remember names, which is an adventure in the SCA where most of us have two.
[19:03] <Eris> <Nezz> Exactly. Military shows are the worst, because everyone is wearing the same clothes and have the same haircuts
[19:03] <KK> And so often, in movies they don't pay enough attention to casting characters that look different.  Sometimes makers it difficult to follow a plot.
[19:04] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I'm fine with movies, since I watch them all in one go, but if I were to meet someone and then meet them again a few weeks later, I might not remember unless I was reminded or if I hear their name.
[19:04] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Unless it's MASH.
[19:04] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> re military shows and costuming/hairstyles
[19:04] <The_Bee> It bugs me when the casts' photos don't look like the character.
[19:04] <Eris> <Laurna> I thought it was 4 oclock and now I find out it is really 5oclock.  where does my time go?
[19:05] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Time change was last night, Laurna
[19:05] <Eris> <Shiral> It gets saved, at least this weekend!
[19:05] <KK> Into the Daylight savins pit!
[19:05] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Hi Laurna
[19:05] <Eris> <Laurna> I remember you sad that NOW
[19:05] <Eris> <Shiral> I read a suggestion I liked--the time change should happen on Fridays at about 4 pm. Everyone would be so much happier to "Spring forward."
[19:05] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Lol
[19:05] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> LOL!
[19:06] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Yep
[19:06] <Eris> <Laurna> Hello Jerusah, KK, Evie, DFK, Nezz, Shiral, Bee, Dr. and everyone else
[19:06] <Eris> <Shiral> Instead of losing an hour of sleep on the weekend
[19:06] <Eris> <Shiral> Hi Laurna
[19:06] <Eris> <Nezz> Hey Laurna 🙂
[19:06] <The_Bee> Some people want to abolish the change altogether.
[19:06] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Hey Laurna
[19:06] <KK> I wonder what happens to people who work overnight.  Do they lose or gain an hour, and get paid accordingly?
[19:06] <Eris> <Laurna> I just don't want the change this early in the season.
[19:06] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> I'm one of them. I hate it.
[19:06] <Eris> <DFK> Hey Laurna, how are things in Corith
[19:07] <Eris> <Jerusha2> I refuse to lose and hour of sleep.  I reset the clocks after I get up in the morninbg
[19:07] <Eris> <Shiral> I'm not crazy about the lost hour, but then I DO like summer evenings when it stays light until 8 or later
[19:07] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Morning
[19:07] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Yes, KK.
[19:07] <Eris> <Laurna> Coroth is looking GREAT
[19:07] <Eris> <Laurna> I just need to move one more wall out now that I moved it to the larger lot
[19:07] <Eris> <DFK> Are Alaric and Richenda happy with it?
[19:08] <The_Bee> I was born on War Time--Daylight time yea- round
[19:08] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> I worked for an answering service in college and when we "fell back," I got paid for nine hours because I worked nine hours.
[19:08] <Eris> <Laurna> Duke Jernian de Corwyn is happy with it
[19:08] <Eris> <Nezz> Seems like when I worked graveyards, we got paid for the number of hours we worked.
[19:10] <The_Bee> When I lived in Michigan, they didn't observe Daylight Savings.  It was weird my tv shows an hour early.
[19:11] <Eris> <DFK> We did too, so when we leaped forward, got paid for one less hour but when we fell back got paid extra hour
[19:12] <KK> As long as your schedule didn't change so that you lost that hour permanently.
[19:13] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> Yeah, I mostly worked graveyard shift at the answering service. Great college job, quiet shift mostly but someone had to be there, my boss didn't care if I did homework or read for pleasure or cross stitched as long as I answered the phone, and I could clock out, feed myself, go to class, and go home and sleep then.
[19:13] <Eris> <Jerusha2> Well, I must go.  Have a good week, everyone, and KK, I hope all goes very well
[19:13] <KK> We finally got a wee bit of snow this morning.  Probably half an inch or so, and all that was on the grass is gone.
[19:13] <Eris> <DesertRose (she/her)> G'night, Jerusha
[19:13] <Eris> <Shiral> Bye, Jerusha, Have a good week
[19:13] <KK> Thanks, Jerusha.
[19:13] <The_Bee> Bye, Jerusha, glad you came
[19:13] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Goodnight Jerusha
[19:14] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> It's cool but not cold here
[19:14] <Eris> <DFK> .bye  jerusha
[19:14] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Though it's supposed to dip into the 40s tonight
[19:15] <Eris> <Laurna> You got snow Wow
[19:15] <KK> It's 32 here.
[19:15] <Eris> <Laurna> burr
[19:15] <The_Bee> 37 here
[19:16] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Ugh, yeah, I just saw we are getting into the 30s too on Tuesday, so I'll need to drag out the heated jacket again.
[19:16] <KK> A heated jacket?  Wow.
[19:16] <The_Bee> We're expecting a big storm this week.
[19:16] <KK> Down isn't enough?
[19:16] <Eris> <Laurna> We had a lovely day today.  got up to 67
[19:17] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Yeah, it's nice for the super cold days. But it's just weird to wear it again after wearing a t-shirt and a lightweight jacket yesterday
[19:17] <KK> Schizoid weather.
[19:17] <Eris> <Laurna> I think you  get our weather two days later.
[19:17] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> When I'm standing at a bus stop with the wind whistling down the boulevard, no, down isn't enough. I want actual heat. 😄
[19:17] <KK> lol
[19:17] <The_Bee> Our winter is making up for lost time.
[19:17] <Eris> <Shiral> Mother Nature is having a mid-life crisis
[19:17] <KK> Yes!
[19:18] <Eris> <TM> And we're back to undead.
[19:18] <Eris> <Shiral> Or else she just wants to confuse the dickens out of us all
[19:18] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> LOL, TM!
[19:18] <The_Bee> Seasons have been coming at the wrong time of year for decades, IMO.
[19:19] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> The jacket has three temp settings, so I only need it on High if it's super cold outside. Otherwise I just set it to Medium or Low, whichever is sufficient to keep me warm outside without roasting.
[19:19] <KK> Who makes this jacket?
[19:19] <KK> Not that I want or need one, just curious.
[19:19] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> There are various brands available. I use one by a company called TempWe (I think?), but there were several brands available on Amazon.
[19:20] <KK> Ah.
[19:20] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> They started off for people who ski, hunters, or people who have to work outdoors in winter. But then they started catching on with people who just want to feel warmer outside on cold winter days than they can manage with a regular coat.
[19:21] <KK> Of course, there are many places in which this would be very useful, year after year.
[19:21] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I just bought my mom one, since she's Filipina and thinks she is freezing any time the temps dip below 65.
[19:21] <The_Bee> Do they also have electric trousers?
[19:21] <Eris> <Laurna> Trying to get into IRC to post a pic,  but I can never figure out how to get into IRC anymore  Oh well
[19:21] <Eris> <Shiral> I'd definitely want one if I lived at the South  Pole
[19:21] <Eris> <Laurna> Electric Trouseers?  what did I miss?
[19:22] <Eris> <Shiral> Otherwise I'm too warm-blooded
[19:22] <The_Bee> I'd want to be warm all over.
[19:22] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I think I've seen some, Bee, but those are mainly for hunters or outdoor sportsmen.
[19:22] <KK> To go with the electric coats, Laurna.
[19:22] <Eris> <Laurna> Those would be nice  but I will skip on anything  electric.
[19:22] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> And there are sleeveless heated vests, if you just want something for spring or fall, or that can be layered under a regular coat if it's really bad outside.
[19:23] <KK> Actually, with tights and heavy trousers, that's usuallt warm enough if core temp is ok.
[19:23] <Eris> <TM> Layering has worked for me, or when I lived in the Midwest, one big-a__ parka.
[19:23] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> That's what it's for, to keep the core warm. Which is why it doesn't really matter if it's sleeveless.
[19:23] <Laurna> Finally got into IRC
[19:24] <Laurna> Here is my Coroth Castle So far.
[19:24] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> My problem with layering is that it's hard to find the right combo that keeps me sufficiently warm at the bus stop without me roasting once I'm in the office.
[19:24] <Laurna> https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/yWBT3qSF/image.png
[19:25] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Laurna, if I send you the link to my castle, can you post that on IRC too? I tried sharing it earlier but the folks on IRC couldn't see it.
[19:25] <Laurna> ok Evie
[19:25] <KK> I have a down jacket and an ankle-length down coat, both with hoods,
[19:25] <KK> so I'm usually ok.
[19:25] <KK> Which castle is that, Evie?
[19:26] <Eris> <DFK> Looking good Laurna. However are you going to need a twelve step program for Sim addiction?
[19:26] <Eris> <TM> Addicted to Simulants ... smh
[19:26] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I built a castle that was originally for Duncan but might end up going to the Morgans
[19:26] <Laurna> of course Alaric would not have an outdoor disco dance floor in the middle of his courtyard.  but I was playing with a mideival discotec  last night.
[19:27] <Eris> <DFK> sound like fun
[19:27] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Laurna, I just popped the pic into the Sims channel, if you are on both Discord and IRC.
[19:27] <Laurna> https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/48GL6XQ5/image.png
[19:27] <Laurna> Evie's castle
[19:28] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> It overlooks a bay. You can see a little bit of the beach below.
[19:28] <KK> Interesting.
[19:29] <Laurna> https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/x6soPq9C/image.png
[19:29] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> I've been slowly making over the original houses in the game into medieval cottages.
[19:29] <Laurna> looks like Evie was working on this one too
[19:30] <KK> Also interesting.
[19:30] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Yeah. That building in the foreground is a tavern with an inn. I added a stone wall around the back of the lot and put in some animal sheds to serve as stables.
[19:30] <The_Bee> Beautiful!
[19:31] <Eris> <DFK> Are you recreating the Green Barrel for Derry?
[19:31] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> The one in the background is one I downloaded from the Gallery. It's a row of shops, but it's been left empty so you can furnish it however you want. It's designed to have ground floor shops with apartments above them.
[19:31] <Laurna> Coroth even has a full tunnel system under it for Alaric to climb though to get into the castle
[19:31] <Eris> <DFK> Cool
[19:31] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Yeah, that tavern might become the Green Barrel, unless I put that in the neighborhood where my version of Derry actually lives. Which would make more sense, come to think of it.
[19:32] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Laurna's Coroth even has the underwater part of the tunnel, IIRC.
[19:32] <Eris> <DFK> Bet Derry would like that. Celsie might not be too thrilled
[19:32] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Celsie has her hands full with the little Derry heir who is into everything. 😂
[19:33] <Eris> <DFK> A chip off the old block
[19:33] <Laurna> https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/dXnodwoc/image.png
[19:33] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Just wait until I curse him with beautiful daughters. 😄
[19:33] <Laurna> Great hall and solar   the walls are down in the picture
[19:33] <Eris> <DFK> Wow!
[19:34] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Yeah, her Coroth is pretty palatial. I love the green and white.
[19:34] <Eris> <DFK> Open floor plan
[19:34] <Eris> <Shiral> Oh, so it's not an underground swimming pool. (To go with the discotec)
[19:34] <The_Bee> Where's the blue light coming from?
[19:34] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> LOL, no, but we've both got a castle that has one, Shiral. 😄
[19:34] <Laurna> https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/1RBLYQNw/image.png
[19:35] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> That might just be shadows, Bee. The lighting and shadows change depending on the time of day.
[19:35] <Laurna> The underground tunner system with the cheftain's tomb that Lewy's discorved
[19:35] <KK> I need to go, guys.  Having forgotten about tonight's chat, I haven't eaten for a while, and my tummy is reminding me.  See you guys next week, all going well.
[19:35] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Oh dear, go feed that!
[19:35] <Eris> <Shiral> Good night, KK
[19:36] <Laurna> Good night KK
[19:36] <Eris> <Evie the Verbose> Hope everything goes well!
[19:36] <Eris> <Shiral> Have a good week and keep that ticker ticking!
[19:36] <Laurna> Have a good week.
[19:36] * KK steps onto her Portal, waves goodnight, and disappears in a shower of green sparkles.
[19:36] <Eris> <Shiral> Enjoy your supper!
[19:36] <Eris> <Nezz> nigfht KK
[19:36] <Eris> <DFK> Keep us posted and we hope that all will go well and the A Fib will be gone.
[19:36] <KK> All will be well.  Nighters, all.
[19:36] <Eris> <DFK> Boy she moves fast
[19:36] <Eris> <Shiral> Night, KK
[19:36] * KK (49ab39c5@CCN-FD80E4E6.hsd1.va.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Client closed)

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com